Default Salesman lesson for Don White

On 4/21/2018 5:25 PM, Tim wrote:
Mr. Luddite
My daughter just got rid of her little Jeep Liberty in favor of a 2019
Jeep Cherokee. Thing is loaded with every option imaginable ... too
much, IMO.

But, it's not bad for a Fiat.
———————
Keep- Just Empty Every Pocket.

Damn thing has a display as big as my bedroom TV filled with
"stuff" to turn on/off or adjust. Told her to be careful with it and
keep her eyes on the road.

It has a peppy V6 but also has the feature that turns the engine
off when you stop for a red light or something. Starts up again
when you take your foot off the brake.

Fortunately, there's a button that allows you to disable that
feature. It would drive me nuts.

On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 14:25:16 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Mr. Luddite
My daughter just got rid of her little Jeep Liberty in favor of a 2019
Jeep Cherokee. Thing is loaded with every option imaginable ... too
much, IMO.

But, it's not bad for a Fiat.
———————
Keep- Just Empty Every Pocket.

===

Fiat = Fix It Again Tony.

---
http://www.avg.com

On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 13:20:30 -0700 (PDT), True North
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 10:06:39 -0700 (PDT), True NorthÂ*
wrote:Â*

I can walk to either but the Toyota dealer is closer. Â*They have a shuttle service if the weather is bad, I'm in a hurry or I just feel lazy.Â*
Last week our Highlander was in to get the passenger side and hood painted because of a Christmas Day high wind event that bombarded us with roof shingles. Insurance provided a vehicle for the week. I had asked for a Forester but they wanted to give me a Nissan Pathfinder as an equivalent replacement. I wan't planning any towing

so I said no sir. Ended up with a Ford Edge, which didn't impress me much.Â*

"My FIL is in a Jeep Cherokee after someone backed into his Cadillac inÂ*
a parking lot and they are fixing it. The strange thing is he says heÂ*
likes the Jeep better than his new Caddy.Â*
That would be an interesting trade.Â*
Maybe not that unusual tho. I traded a Corvette in on a Jeep."

He might want to check the long term reliability ratings if he plans on keeping his vehicles past the warranty period.

He doesn't keep them much longer than the windshield washer fluid
lasts.

wrote:

Mr. Luddite
My daughter just got rid of her little Jeep Liberty in favor of a 2019
Jeep Cherokee. Thing is loaded with every option imaginable ... too
much, IMO.

But, it's not bad for a Fiat.
———————
Keep- Just Empty Every Pocket.

===

Fiat = Fix It Again Tony.

---
http://www.avg.com

I am sure I've mentioned this before but we had a Fiat 850 Spyder in
Italy. It was only a couple of years old, so it ran fine. We had
a blast with it, driving all over Italy. Of course, it was before
we had kids although Mrs.E. was pregnant with our first.

Don't know if this will work, but I'll give it a try:

http://oi66.tinypic.com/vr90uu.jpg

wrote:

[...]

Sounds like the one my FIL is in now. He says it has all of the
doodads his Caddy has and he can see out of it better.
This would be the first time he didn't own a GM since his Model A.

On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 17:44:08 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 4/21/2018 5:25 PM, Tim wrote:
Mr. Luddite
My daughter just got rid of her little Jeep Liberty in favor of a 2019
Jeep Cherokee. Thing is loaded with every option imaginable ... too
much, IMO.

But, it's not bad for a Fiat.
———————
Keep- Just Empty Every Pocket.

Damn thing has a display as big as my bedroom TV filled with
"stuff" to turn on/off or adjust. Told her to be careful with it and
keep her eyes on the road.

It has a peppy V6 but also has the feature that turns the engine
off when you stop for a red light or something. Starts up again
when you take your foot off the brake.

Fortunately, there's a button that allows you to disable that
feature. It would drive me nuts.

I think they do stuff like that to pump up the MPG rating. I agree, it
would be like driving a gas golf cart.

wrote:

[...]

You should let him drive *your* model "A" and see if he likes it better.
:-)

wrote:

On 4/21/2018 5:25 PM, Tim wrote:
Mr. Luddite
My daughter just got rid of her little Jeep Liberty in favor of a 2019
Jeep Cherokee. Thing is loaded with every option imaginable ... too
much, IMO.

But, it's not bad for a Fiat.
———————
Keep- Just Empty Every Pocket.

Damn thing has a display as big as my bedroom TV filled with
"stuff" to turn on/off or adjust. Told her to be careful with it and
keep her eyes on the road.

It has a peppy V6 but also has the feature that turns the engine
off when you stop for a red light or something. Starts up again
when you take your foot off the brake.

Fortunately, there's a button that allows you to disable that
feature. It would drive me nuts.

I think they do stuff like that to pump up the MPG rating. I agree, it
would be like driving a gas golf cart.

I think it's more to reduce emissions. My daughter told me that
the Jeep dealer said that *all* cars will be required to have that
feature sometime in the future.

My truck drops two cylinders (from 6 to 4) when coasting or when
very light pressure is on the gas pedal. I think that's for MPG
betterment. Doesn't bother me because it's seamless and I can't
feel it shift from 6 to 4 or back again.

wrote:

[...]

Not bad for a Ferrari. . Probably more dependable.

wrote:

On 4/21/2018 5:25 PM, Tim wrote:
Mr. Luddite
My daughter just got rid of her little Jeep Liberty in favor of a 2019
Jeep Cherokee. Thing is loaded with every option imaginable ... too
much, IMO.

But, it's not bad for a Fiat.
———————
Keep- Just Empty Every Pocket.

Damn thing has a display as big as my bedroom TV filled with
"stuff" to turn on/off or adjust. Told her to be careful with it and
keep her eyes on the road.

It has a peppy V6 but also has the feature that turns the engine
off when you stop for a red light or something. Starts up again
when you take your foot off the brake.

Fortunately, there's a button that allows you to disable that
feature. It would drive me nuts.

I think they do stuff like that to pump up the MPG rating. I agree, it
would be like driving a gas golf cart.

My Volt does that. But since I think the gas motor just supply’s an
electrical supply to electric drive motors, and super quiet, never notice
the motor turning of. I think there is always enough battery to get going
when the gas motor turns off.

Such a Salesman, this Krausie Guy GC Boater General 1 July 7th 09 04:45 AM
Used Boat Salesman Joe ASA 0 November 18th 05 01:35 AM
Lesson for Old Thom Capt. Rob ASA 15 November 8th 05 03:18 AM
A Lesson In Size... Don White General 0 August 14th 03 08:39 PM