Default CQR vs Delta Anchor vs Bruce

On 4/5/18 1:48 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 13:37:53 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 4/5/2018 1:02 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 06:46:45 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 8:35:15 AM UTC-4, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 4/5/18 8:26 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 4/5/2018 8:19 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 4/5/18 1:14 AM,
wrote:
On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 21:07:49 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

i have us bruce for a long time but i prefer the delta if necessary

===

Any particular reason for preferring the Delta?* Bruce anchors have a
reputation for setting very quickly.* I had a Delta for a while on my
old boat but sold it after an experience where it failed to reset
after pulling out.* Spade and Rocna have both become very popular in
recent years because they set well and hold well, even with wind and
current changes.* Two years ago we road out hurricane Matthew using a
combination of a 90 pound Rocna on all chain, and a 65 pound Bruce on
7/8ths nylon.* Both held very well in winds over 70 knots.

How convenient that a fellow asks a question and you have an answer
ready to post...don't forget to tell him how much water your barge
draws and how large the fuel tanks are, too. He'll surely be
impressed, w'hiner.

Your green tint doesn't become you Harry.

There's no conservative here who has what I value most.

What's that, harry? A wife who financially supports you and is willing to put everything into her maiden name to hide your assets?

I can certainly see why you would value that.

===

Heh, no kidding.

I can hardly wait for him to tell us how he sold the imaginary twin
engined Volvo for more than he paid for it.

A handsome profit, for sure.

===

No doubt. Of course it's also possible that the imaginary boat was
part of a very real money laundering scheme but nothing in 'Airrees
past would lead us to think that, or would it? Hopefully the IRS and
other creditors would be on top of that sort of thing.

---

Your guy Trump and his associates have the money laundering franchise.

Tim Tim is offline

i have us bruce for a long time but i prefer the delta if necessary

,,,

I thought both of those designs would do well on a muddy bottom, but questioned how they’d grab in lrocks...

True North wrote:
harry says...
" Say what? We took some “cruises,” but usually just used it in and around
the Bay, down to Va Beach, up to Cape May. Spent many long weekends
sleeping aboard around the Bay. Almost invited Herring out, but came to my
senses."

If you took The John out, he'd want to bring along his bowl of turds.
Then your boat head would be clogged until you found someone immune to
the stench who could clear the blockage. Hardly worth the trouble.

What an ass!

On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 13:59:06 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 4/5/18 1:48 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 13:37:53 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Believe it or not, Trump is not my guy. It certainly is humorous
however, the way he's got your panties all tied in a knot. You
haven't been this distraught since "W".

---
http://www.avg.com

On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 13:54:00 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I didn't get scalped, but unfortunately the company that built the boat
went under, and it became an orphan.

===

You should have bought a Grand Banks. They are still very handsome
yachts and very much in demand. You can get a nice new one in the 50
foot range for about $2m give or take.

---
http://www.avg.com

Tim Tim is offline

===

Believe it or not, Trump is not my guy. It certainly is humorous
however, the way he's got your panties all tied in a knot. You
haven't been this distraught since "W".
Wayne, to Harry If you voted for anyone but Hillary, then to Harry, trump is your guy. I’d you don’t cuss when you even hear the name Trump, then according to Harry, trump is your guy.

wrote:

[...]

Kinda tough to fish the creeks around Hilton Head Island in a barge like
that. Hell, aren't they made in China?

wrote:
On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 13:37:53 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I underestimated Dubya. I thought he was awful, but he's been surpassed
in awfulness by Dampnuts Trump.

On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 11:18:20 -0700, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 21:07:49 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

i have us bruce for a long time but i prefer the delta if necessary

===

Any particular reason for preferring the Delta? Bruce anchors have a
reputation for setting very quickly. I had a Delta for a while on my
old boat but sold it after an experience where it failed to reset
after pulling out. Spade and Rocna have both become very popular in
recent years because they set well and hold well, even with wind and
current changes. Two years ago we road out hurricane Matthew using a
combination of a 90 pound Rocna on all chain, and a 65 pound Bruce on
7/8ths nylon. Both held very well in winds over 70 knots.

---
http://www.avg.com

Have you checked out Mantus anchors?

===

I have not personally tried a Mantus but I know they are getting good
reviews in some circles. To my eye they look a lot like a Rocna with
a somewhat sleeker roll bar. How about you?

There is another relatively new anchor called a Manson Supreme that
also looks like a Rocna knockoff. Spade anchors really started the
whole thing over 15 years ago followed by Rocna. They are both fairly
similar except that Spade uses a lead ballast pocket to ensure that
the anchor lands on its feet, and Rocna uses a roll bar to flip it
over if the anchor lands upside down. They are both very good based
on my experience, and we anchor out a lot in many different
circumstances.

WANTED Genuine BRUCE anchor Ziggy Cruising 2 April 14th 08 07:08 AM
WANTED Genuine BRUCE anchor 25 to 30 # Ziggy Cruising 0 August 7th 07 03:31 PM
Chain for Delta anchor PBM Cruising 2 July 28th 04 01:31 PM
WTB: 44# Bruce or FX-37 Fortress Anchor. S. Florida Hank Cruising 1 March 31st 04 03:47 AM
WTB: 44 lb Bruce or CQR Anchor, S. Florida Hank Cruising 0 March 21st 04 04:23 AM