[email protected] WayneBatrecdotboats@hotmail.com is offline

Default CQR vs Delta Anchor vs Bruce

On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 11:18:20 -0700, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 21:07:49 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

i have us bruce for a long time but i prefer the delta if necessary

===

Any particular reason for preferring the Delta? Bruce anchors have a
reputation for setting very quickly. I had a Delta for a while on my
old boat but sold it after an experience where it failed to reset
after pulling out. Spade and Rocna have both become very popular in
recent years because they set well and hold well, even with wind and
current changes. Two years ago we road out hurricane Matthew using a
combination of a 90 pound Rocna on all chain, and a 65 pound Bruce on
7/8ths nylon. Both held very well in winds over 70 knots.

---
http://www.avg.com

Have you checked out Mantus anchors?

===

I have not personally tried a Mantus but I know they are getting good
reviews in some circles. To my eye they look a lot like a Rocna with
a somewhat sleeker roll bar. How about you?

There is another relatively new anchor called a Manson Supreme that
also looks like a Rocna knockoff. Spade anchors really started the
whole thing over 15 years ago followed by Rocna. They are both fairly
similar except that Spade uses a lead ballast pocket to ensure that
the anchor lands on its feet, and Rocna uses a roll bar to flip it
over if the anchor lands upside down. They are both very good based
on my experience, and we anchor out a lot in many different
circumstances.