Default CQR vs Delta Anchor vs Bruce

i have us bruce for a long time but i prefer the delta if necessary

On 4/5/2018 8:35 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 4/5/18 8:26 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 4/5/2018 8:19 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 4/5/18 1:14 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 21:07:49 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

i have us bruce for a long time but i prefer the delta if necessary

===

Any particular reason for preferring the Delta?Â* Bruce anchors have a
reputation for setting very quickly.Â* I had a Delta for a while on my
old boat but sold it after an experience where it failed to reset
after pulling out.Â* Spade and Rocna have both become very popular in
recent years because they set well and hold well, even with wind and
current changes.Â* Two years ago we road out hurricane Matthew using a
combination of a 90 pound Rocna on all chain, and a 65 pound Bruce on
7/8ths nylon.Â* Both held very well in winds over 70 knots.

How convenient that a fellow asks a question and you have an answer
ready to post...don't forget to tell him how much water your barge
draws and how large the fuel tanks are, too. He'll surely be
impressed, w'hiner.

Your green tint doesn't become you Harry.

You are implying I am jealous of w'hine? That's really funny. There's
nothing about Wayne, his boats, or his life that have the slightest
appeal for me. There's no conservative here who has what I value most.

Ah. That explains your unsolicited response to Wayne's post. Not.

wrote:

[...]

Ah.Â* That explains your unsolicited response to Wayne's post.Â*Â* Not.

I have no interest in wayne's style of boating and apparently you don't,
either, since you sold off the large boats you owned and apparently
hardly ever used. When we retire to Hilton Head, assuming I am still
above ground, I'm going to go small with boating, and pick up a 16' or
18' inshore fishing skiff of some sort, perhaps a flat-bottomed Amesbury
style dory that will fit on its trailer in the garage and be powered by
a 25 hp or so outboard.

wrote:

i have us bruce for a long time but i prefer the delta if necessary

===

Any particular reason for preferring the Delta?* Bruce anchors have a
reputation for setting very quickly.* I had a Delta for a while on my
old boat but sold it after an experience where it failed to reset
after pulling out.* Spade and Rocna have both become very popular in
recent years because they set well and hold well, even with wind and
current changes.* Two years ago we road out hurricane Matthew using a
combination of a 90 pound Rocna on all chain, and a 65 pound Bruce on
7/8ths nylon.* Both held very well in winds over 70 knots.

How convenient that a fellow asks a question and you have an answer
ready to post...don't forget to tell him how much water your barge
draws and how large the fuel tanks are, too. He'll surely be
impressed, w'hiner.

Your green tint doesn't become you Harry.

You are implying I am jealous of w'hine? That's really funny. There's
nothing about Wayne, his boats, or his life that have the slightest
appeal for me. There's no conservative here who has what I value most.

Ah. That explains your unsolicited response to Wayne's post. Not.

===

It was a classic example of 'Airree trying to drive away any newsgroup
content that doesn't center on him. Of course he'll deny it.

Maybe it's time for another review of narcissistic behavior for the
benefit of newcomers:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20366662

The Mayo clinic sums things up rather succinctly. Perhaps most
telling is this paragraph:

When to see a doctor
People with narcissistic personality disorder may not want to think
that anything could be wrong, so they may be unlikely to seek
treatment. If they do seek treatment, it's more likely to be for
symptoms of depression, drug or alcohol use, or another mental health
problem. But perceived insults to self-esteem may make it difficult to
accept and follow through with treatment.

---
http://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

So does that mean your twin Volvo powered trawler is up for sale?

wrote:

[...]

LMAO!!!!

WANTED Genuine BRUCE anchor Ziggy Cruising 2 April 14th 08 07:08 AM
WANTED Genuine BRUCE anchor 25 to 30 # Ziggy Cruising 0 August 7th 07 03:31 PM
Chain for Delta anchor PBM Cruising 2 July 28th 04 01:31 PM
WTB: 44# Bruce or FX-37 Fortress Anchor. S. Florida Hank Cruising 1 March 31st 04 03:47 AM
WTB: 44 lb Bruce or CQR Anchor, S. Florida Hank Cruising 0 March 21st 04 04:23 AM