[email protected] WayneBatrecdotboats@hotmail.com is offline

Default CQR vs Delta Anchor vs Bruce

On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 13:54:00 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 4/5/18 1:37 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 4/5/2018 1:02 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 06:46:45 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 8:35:15 AM UTC-4, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 4/5/18 8:26 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 4/5/2018 8:19 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 4/5/18 1:14 AM,
wrote:
On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 21:07:49 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

i have us bruce for a long time but i prefer the delta if necessary

===

Any particular reason for preferring the Delta?* Bruce anchors
have a
reputation for setting very quickly.* I had a Delta for a while
on my
old boat but sold it after an experience where it failed to reset
after pulling out.* Spade and Rocna have both become very popular in
recent years because they set well and hold well, even with wind and
current changes.* Two years ago we road out hurricane Matthew
using a
combination of a 90 pound Rocna on all chain, and a 65 pound
Bruce on
7/8ths nylon.* Both held very well in winds over 70 knots.

How convenient that a fellow asks a question and you have an answer
ready to post...don't forget to tell him how much water your barge
draws and how large the fuel tanks are, too. He'll surely be
impressed, w'hiner.

Your green tint doesn't become you Harry.

There's no conservative here who has what I value most.

What's that, harry?* A wife who financially supports you and is
willing to put everything into her maiden name to hide your assets?

I can certainly see why you would value that.

===

Heh, no kidding.

I can hardly wait for him to tell us how he sold the imaginary twin
engined Volvo for more than he paid for it.

A handsome profit, for sure.

I didn't get scalped, but unfortunately the company that built the boat
went under, and it became an orphan.

===

You should have bought a Grand Banks. They are still very handsome
yachts and very much in demand. You can get a nice new one in the 50
foot range for about $2m give or take.

---
http://www.avg.com