Default Teachers and guns

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 08:16:31 -0500, John H.
wrote:

I am not surprised at the stance of the teachers' unions when it comes to arming teachers. It's an
anti-Trump stance, and I'd expect nothing more.

I am surprised at the number of teachers being quoted who use 'too many responsibilities already' as
a reason for not arming teachers. It's true that teachers have a load of responsibilities. But, when
the shooting starts only one takes precedence - protecting kids. I don't think any unwilling teacher
would be asked to carry a gun. And, the simple act of carrying a gun does not add significantly to
the other duties of a teacher.

I doubt most teachers these days are capable of using a gun in that
kind of situation.
I have not really been a fan of this idea as any wide spread policy.
Certainly there will be some who are willing to take the proper
training but a gun in a school is a far more serious thing than your
average CCW situation. They should have tactical training and a ****
load of range time practicing practical shooting, not just slow fire
target practice.

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 12:14:11 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

I doubt most teachers these days are capable of using a gun in that
kind of situation.
I have not really been a fan of this idea as any wide spread policy.
Certainly there will be some who are willing to take the proper
training but a gun in a school is a far more serious thing than your
average CCW situation. They should have tactical training and a ****
load of range time practicing practical shooting, not just slow fire
target practice.

What makes a properly trained teacher any different than anyone else who
has been trained and has a concealed carry permit for self defense?

Are you discriminating against teachers?

Teachers in general do not seem to have the temperament to actually
shoot someone in the back and that is what it takes. Nobody in their
right mind would have a fair fight with a guy with an AK/AR. You need
to surprise the guy, don't give him a chance at all and take him out.
Otherwise Harry is right, one dead teacher.
I also wonder how many CCW people would actually perform in a serious
social situation.

2A and Guns F*O*A*D Cruising 0 November 8th 14 06:12 PM
South Dakota permits teachers to carry guns in the classroom J Herring General 3 March 9th 13 03:17 PM
More Guns Steve ASA 10 January 20th 07 11:22 PM
More Guns RICHARD ASA 1 January 16th 07 02:20 PM
More Guns Scotty ASA 14 January 15th 07 11:35 PM