Default Quiet

Is it my news server or has this place been unusually quiet for the last
day or two?

On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 10:42:07 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Is it my news server or has this place been unusually quiet for the last
day or two?

===

Our resident narcissist seems to be on holiday, severely limiting the
rebuttal flames. Didn't he say something about visiting Florida? The
weather here is spectacularly good today so perhaps he's enjoying some
quality time at the beach.

I'm in the middle of a big project replacing the teak decks on our
Grand Banks. After 37 years they had lost about half of their
original thickness and were due to be removed. It's a lot of work but
the old teak is up, thousands of screws removed, screw holes filled
and gelcoated. Fortunately I've got a very capable helper who has
built two boats of his own among his other accomplishments.

---
http://www.avg.com

On Friday, 2 February 2018 11:42:14 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Is it my news server or has this place been unusually quiet for the last
day or two?

The John with his habitual ranting and raving, instigating and agitating has been missing for a day or so. Makes quite a difference in the tone of the group.

On 2/2/2018 12:33 PM, True North wrote:
On Friday, 2 February 2018 11:42:14 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Is it my news server or has this place been unusually quiet for the last
day or two?

The John with his habitual ranting and raving, instigating and agitating has been missing for a day or so. Makes quite a difference in the tone of the group.

What group? Nobody's home. :-)

wrote:

Is it my news server or has this place been unusually quiet for the last
day or two?

===

Our resident narcissist seems to be on holiday, severely limiting the
rebuttal flames. Didn't he say something about visiting Florida? The
weather here is spectacularly good today so perhaps he's enjoying some
quality time at the beach.

I'm in the middle of a big project replacing the teak decks on our
Grand Banks. After 37 years they had lost about half of their
original thickness and were due to be removed. It's a lot of work but
the old teak is up, thousands of screws removed, screw holes filled
and gelcoated. Fortunately I've got a very capable helper who has
built two boats of his own among his other accomplishments.

That's a major undertaking. I am impressed.

Have a friend who did the same (among many other updates) on a 42'
sailboat. Been working on it for 2 years now but is just about
finished. He plans to live aboard, sailing the seas wherever the wind
takes him.

Me? I babysit horses.

===

You should learn to play polo. :-)

It's very popular in some circles and suitably bourgeois enough to
arouse 'Airree's ire.

Does Mrs E ride them or show them?

---
http://www.avg.com

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
On 2/2/2018 12:33 PM, True North wrote:
On Friday, 2 February 2018 11:42:14 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Is it my news server or has this place been unusually quiet for the last
day or two?

The John with his habitual ranting and raving, instigating and agitating has been missing for a day or so. Makes quite a difference in the tone of the group.

What group? Nobody's home. :-)

Harry is at the Disney resort in Vero Beach. Lots of teens in
skimpy bathing suits for him toogle there.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On 2/2/2018 12:46 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 12:18:04 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

She rode them for personal fun years ago but not so much in the last
four or five years. It's physically demanding and we both aren't
getting any younger.

She used to show one of them but another, more experienced person would
do the riding. One of the horses she has won many ribbons including
several first place championships. He's a beautiful horse, especially
when they prepare him for the shows. Polished hoofs, manes combed and
arranged and the tail finished in a particular way. The other horse
she has is the same breed (Morgan) but not so handsome. She got him to
be more of a barn and paddock companion for the other one.

She bought the show one from Ann Haley who has (or had) a breeding farm
for Morgans with certain pedigrees, many who went on to win
championships in shows. Ann Haley was also the founder of "Victoria's
Secrets".

On 2/2/2018 12:57 PM, justan wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
On 2/2/2018 12:33 PM, True North wrote:
On Friday, 2 February 2018 11:42:14 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Is it my news server or has this place been unusually quiet for the last
day or two?

The John with his habitual ranting and raving, instigating and agitating has been missing for a day or so. Makes quite a difference in the tone of the group.

What group? Nobody's home. :-)

Harry is at the Disney resort in Vero Beach. Lots of teens in
skimpy bathing suits for him toogle there.

I suppose that's better than what I am doing. Sitting here, looking out
the window, watching it snow and playing nursemaid for Mrs.E. Turns out
she *did* have the flu, but is recovering. Hope so. I am running out
of face masks and hand sanitizer.

All quiet Paul@BYC[_2_] General 29 November 18th 10 02:34 PM
Really? $150,000 to keep quiet jps General 4 March 14th 10 11:25 PM
Wow, it's quiet! Capt. Rob ASA 3 October 17th 05 12:33 PM
It's quiet...too quiet Bobsprit ASA 15 August 14th 03 07:22 AM