Bobsprit

Default It's quiet...too quiet

C'mon all you sailors!!!

It's bloody quiet in here!

Heading out to the boat to fix the bloody bilge pump AGAIN! I knew you'd all
want to know!

Capt RB
C&C 32
NY

Bobsprit

Obviously your bilge pump is working too hard.

It hasn't worked since the begining of the season. About every 10 days I pumped
it out a bit with a handpump.

RB
Scout

Bob,
I've been using a 2 gallon wet/dry vac to pump out my bilges (about once every 2wks), on sale at Sears for $40. It's real handy for small clean ups too. Stows easily. Careful of the wrap. http://www.sears.com/sr/product/summ...=0 0917711000

I'll put an auto pump in over the winter.
Scout

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
Obviously your bilge pump is working too hard.

It hasn't worked since the begining of the season. About every 10 days I pumped
it out a bit with a handpump.

RB

Bobsprit

I've been using a 2 gallon wet/dry vac to pump out my bilges (about once =
every 2wks), on sale at Sears for $40. It's real handy for small clean =
ups too. Stows easily.

Yup, I keep the wet/dry Stinger on board...same idea. But a handpump takes care
of the bilge. I' rewiring the automatic one cuz it's there and I bought a new
float switch for it.

RB

Peter J Ross

On 12 Aug 2003 17:34:46 GMT, a team of surgeons from alt.sailing.asa
removed the following benign growth from Bobsprit:

C'mon all you sailors!!!

It's bloody quiet in here!

No it isn't.

Heading out to the boat to fix the bloody bilge pump AGAIN! I knew you'd all
want to know!

This is code for having a colostomy, isn't it?

--
PJR :-)
mhm34x8
Jonathan Ganz

The one on the Catalina 27 that I teach on continues to
have problems also. It can get stuck in the on position if
we've been jinking around a lot. It just needs a new float
switch, but I haven't had the time.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
C'mon all you sailors!!!

It's bloody quiet in here!

Heading out to the boat to fix the bloody bilge pump AGAIN! I knew you'd

all
want to know!

Capt RB
C&C 32
NY

Simple Simon

What do you need a bilge pump for?

Does your crummy boat have leaks and a wet bilge?

My bilge is bone dry and I haven't used the bilge
pump in ages.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
I've been using a 2 gallon wet/dry vac to pump out my bilges (about once =
every 2wks), on sale at Sears for $40. It's real handy for small clean =
ups too. Stows easily.

Yup, I keep the wet/dry Stinger on board...same idea. But a handpump takes care
of the bilge. I' rewiring the automatic one cuz it's there and I bought a new
float switch for it.

RB

Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Obviously your bilge pump is working too hard.

It hasn't worked since the begining of the season. About every 10 days I

pumped
it out a bit with a handpump.

Your old boat must let a lot of water in.

I have an irritating leak at the mast which means that I have to switch on
the automatic bilge pump about 4 times a year.

Regards

Donal

Cold comfort Skip Gundlach Boat Building 13 October 28th 04 04:56 AM
Cold comfort Skip Gundlach Cruising 29 October 28th 04 04:56 AM
Quiet Water Symposium, East Lansing, Michigan Rich Bailey Touring 0 February 14th 04 12:05 AM
Quiet Water Symposium, East Lansing Michigan Rich Bailey General 0 February 14th 04 12:03 AM
ANNOUNCE: Stealth Introduces Small Quiet Fanless PC Stealth Computer Corp Marketplace 0 October 17th 03 03:18 PM