BoatBanter.com

-   -   It's quiet...too quiet (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/16844-its-quiet-too-quiet.html)

Bobsprit August 12th 03 06:34 PM

It's quiet...too quiet

C'mon all you sailors!!!

It's bloody quiet in here!

Heading out to the boat to fix the bloody bilge pump AGAIN! I knew you'd all
want to know!

Capt RB
C&C 32
NY

felton August 12th 03 06:45 PM

It's quiet...too quiet

Obviously your bilge pump is working too hard. Does it run
continuously?:) That isn't a good sign...

Bobsprit August 12th 03 06:47 PM

It's quiet...too quiet

Obviously your bilge pump is working too hard.

It hasn't worked since the begining of the season. About every 10 days I pumped
it out a bit with a handpump.

RB

Scout August 12th 03 07:10 PM

It's quiet...too quiet

Bob,
I've been using a 2 gallon wet/dry vac to pump out my bilges (about once every 2wks), on sale at Sears for $40. It's real handy for small clean ups too. Stows easily. Careful of the wrap. http://www.sears.com/sr/product/summ...=0 0917711000

I'll put an auto pump in over the winter.
Scout

Bobsprit August 12th 03 07:31 PM

It's quiet...too quiet

I've been using a 2 gallon wet/dry vac to pump out my bilges (about once =
every 2wks), on sale at Sears for $40. It's real handy for small clean =
ups too. Stows easily.

Yup, I keep the wet/dry Stinger on board...same idea. But a handpump takes care
of the bilge. I' rewiring the automatic one cuz it's there and I bought a new
float switch for it.

RB

Peter J Ross August 12th 03 09:15 PM

It's quiet...too quiet

On 12 Aug 2003 17:34:46 GMT, a team of surgeons from alt.sailing.asa
removed the following benign growth from Bobsprit:

C'mon all you sailors!!!

It's bloody quiet in here!

No it isn't.

Heading out to the boat to fix the bloody bilge pump AGAIN! I knew you'd all
want to know!

This is code for having a colostomy, isn't it?

--
PJR :-)
mhm34x8

Jonathan Ganz August 12th 03 09:50 PM

It's quiet...too quiet

The one on the Catalina 27 that I teach on continues to
have problems also. It can get stuck in the on position if
we've been jinking around a lot. It just needs a new float
switch, but I haven't had the time.

Simple Simon August 12th 03 10:21 PM

It's quiet...too quiet

What do you need a bilge pump for?

Does your crummy boat have leaks and a wet bilge?

My bilge is bone dry and I haven't used the bilge
pump in ages.

Donal August 12th 03 10:35 PM

It's quiet...too quiet

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Obviously your bilge pump is working too hard.

It hasn't worked since the begining of the season. About every 10 days I

pumped
it out a bit with a handpump.

Your old boat must let a lot of water in.

I have an irritating leak at the mast which means that I have to switch on
the automatic bilge pump about 4 times a year.

Regards

Donal