Default All quiet

It's all quiet on the western, eastern, northern, and southern front
here! Just C.Bill, JPS, Yukon and W1TEF (is that shorthand for amateur
radio?)...

Got out on the boat this past weekend for the last time this year.
Caught no fish, possibly because we just rode around and brought no bait.

Saw a boat I wouldn't mind having, a Hunt 29. Deep vee, nicely finished
and looks fast.

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 12:30:37 -0500, "Paul@BYC"
wrote:

Caught no fish, possibly because we just rode around and brought no bait.

That will do it every time!

My nephew was visiting from Michigan over the weekend and wanted to go
fishing so we went down to the local bait and tackle store and bought
him a light weight spinning outfit and some live shrimp. He was
catching small (throw back) Snappers off of our dock within minutes of
starting. Talk about beginners luck.

wrote:

Caught no fish, possibly because we just rode around and brought no bait.

That will do it every time!

My nephew was visiting from Michigan over the weekend and wanted to go
fishing so we went down to the local bait and tackle store and bought
him a light weight spinning outfit and some live shrimp. He was
catching small (throw back) Snappers off of our dock within minutes of
starting. Talk about beginners luck.

Live shrimp certainly was a bait of choice for inshore and ICW fishing
when we lived in Florida. Used to be able to buy a dozen really
nice-sized shrimp for a $1.25 at many local bait shops if you didn't
feel like cast-netting for bait.

I've caught reds, flounder, catfish, sharks, snappers, whiting (one of
my favorite fish to eat) and, in fact, just about anything fishy that
swims in Florida waters on live shrimp.

Used to have some pretty interesting "shrimp runs" on the St. Johns
River near a place called Doctors Lake. Might be 100 small boats out
there during the runs, bringing in nets full of shrimp to take home and
eat.

On 11/15/10 12:30 PM, Paul@BYC wrote:
It's all quiet on the western, eastern, northern, and southern front
here! Just C.Bill, JPS, Yukon and W1TEF (is that shorthand for amateur
radio?)...

Got out on the boat this past weekend for the last time this year.
Caught no fish, possibly because we just rode around and brought no bait.

Saw a boat I wouldn't mind having, a Hunt 29. Deep vee, nicely finished
and looks fast.

It is quiet around here. Not a problem.

I've looked at the web page of those Hunt boats from time to time. Very
nice, and I'm sure they run well in rough water. Hey...buy one and I'll
drive up for a test ride!

"Paul@BYC" wrote in message
It's all quiet on the western, eastern, northern, and southern front here!
Just C.Bill, JPS, Yukon and W1TEF (is that shorthand for amateur
radio?)...

Got out on the boat this past weekend for the last time this year. Caught
no fish, possibly because we just rode around and brought no bait.

Saw a boat I wouldn't mind having, a Hunt 29. Deep vee, nicely finished
and looks fast.

On Saturday I jacked up the axle of my Princecraft so I could put blocks
beneath the rear trailer frame.
Now the weight is off the springs and wheels.
Today I ran some Sta-Bil enhanced gas through the 25 hp Johnson while
spraying fogging oil in the carb.
Next I removed the sparkplugs and sprayed the fogging oil there plus over
the metal parts under the cowling.
I found my gear oil container nearly empty.... but I drained the old out
and pumped the container dry replenishing it.
I was a few ounces short but I'll wait until spring before topping up the
last bit.
Tomorrow I'll take the summer cover off, remove the battery and put the
winter tarps on.

On 11/15/10 3:51 PM, YukonBound wrote:

"Paul@BYC" wrote in message
[...]

For boaters, winter up north...sux! :)

I've got my winter outdoor project ahead of me: I hope to start building
my deck about the second week of December and finish it up before the
New Year.

The concrete is supposed to be poured on either Wednesday, Thursday or
Friday, depending on the weather. I'll seriously consider playing with
my carpentry tools in early December. My decking lumber (the Ipe, not
the structural lumber) is supposed to be delivered about the first week
of December. Weather permitting, I'll have the structure up just before
the first of the year. Maybe.

Fortunately, I have room in the garage to stack and store the lumber, so
"shrinkage" will not be a problem.

"HarryK" wrote in message
Fortunately, I have room in the garage to stack and store the lumber, so
"shrinkage" will not be a problem.

It's none of my business but why don't you store the lumber in the
environment it will be used in?

wrote:

It's all quiet on the western, eastern, northern, and southern front
here! Just C.Bill, JPS, Yukon and W1TEF (is that shorthand for amateur
radio?)...

Got out on the boat this past weekend for the last time this year.
Caught no fish, possibly because we just rode around and brought no bait.

Saw a boat I wouldn't mind having, a Hunt 29. Deep vee, nicely finished
and looks fast.

my marina has a webcam....very quiet indeed...waiting for the spring

http://live.morrisonslbi.com/index.html

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 17:37:12 -0500, bpuharic wrote:

my marina has a webcam....very quiet indeed...waiting for the spring

http://live.morrisonslbi.com/index.html

Looks like it's snowing. That can't be possible can it?

On Nov 15, 12:30*pm, "Paul@BYC" wrote:
It's all quiet on the western, eastern, northern, and southern front
here! Just C.Bill, JPS, Yukon and W1TEF (is that shorthand for amateur
radio?)...

Got out on the boat this past weekend for the last time this year.
Caught no fish, possibly because we just rode around and brought no bait.

Saw a boat I wouldn't mind having, a Hunt 29. Deep vee, nicely finished
and looks fast.

The Hunt IS a nice Boat. I like the Bimini they've made. Cant really
fish off of it, though.

Quiet Tune cavelamb Tall Ship Photos 0 September 15th 09 03:12 AM
Aweful quiet in here................ JimH General 110 January 4th 06 01:41 AM
i am generally quiet, so I help you [email protected] ASA 0 April 22nd 05 11:28 AM
It's quiet...too quiet Bobsprit ASA 15 August 14th 03 07:22 AM