HarryK HarryK is offline

Default All quiet

On 11/15/10 1:25 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 12:30:37 -0500,
wrote:

Caught no fish, possibly because we just rode around and brought no bait.

That will do it every time!

My nephew was visiting from Michigan over the weekend and wanted to go
fishing so we went down to the local bait and tackle store and bought
him a light weight spinning outfit and some live shrimp. He was
catching small (throw back) Snappers off of our dock within minutes of
starting. Talk about beginners luck.

Live shrimp certainly was a bait of choice for inshore and ICW fishing
when we lived in Florida. Used to be able to buy a dozen really
nice-sized shrimp for a $1.25 at many local bait shops if you didn't
feel like cast-netting for bait.

I've caught reds, flounder, catfish, sharks, snappers, whiting (one of
my favorite fish to eat) and, in fact, just about anything fishy that
swims in Florida waters on live shrimp.

Used to have some pretty interesting "shrimp runs" on the St. Johns
River near a place called Doctors Lake. Might be 100 small boats out
there during the runs, bringing in nets full of shrimp to take home and
eat.