Default DC guys, Allyson Rae? (Ch 9 weather girl)

What do you know about her? She popped up down here leaving the DC
market for Ft Myers. (after starting here a while ago) That is usually
going the wrong way. Was there some kind of drama?

On 11/22/17 12:36 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 11:06:00 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 11/22/17 11:00 AM,
wrote:
On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 08:45:36 -0500, John H
wrote:

On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 20:27:12 -0500,
wrote:

What do you know about her? She popped up down here leaving the DC
market for Ft Myers. (after starting here a while ago) That is usually
going the wrong way. Was there some kind of drama?

Best I could find:

"After covering one of the largest snow events for the region, the Blizzard of 2016, she couldn't
wait to return to SWFL, the area she calls home. "

Sounds good, but I think the real reason for leaving was the proximity to Al Franken and Harry
Krause.

That was the line she used here. I just wondered if there was some
other buzz going on like being molested by Conyers.
I do understand wanting to get out of there tho. I made the same move.

Hmmm. We like living in this area. Was it too...competitive...for you?

Too cold mostly. Then there was the traffic, congestion and crime.

My job was far more challenging here, in a good way. I was really
bored up there.

Well, as a Yankee, what passes for cold here doesn't bother me. And
since I avoid the traffic and we haven't been hit by crime since moving
away from Florida...those are non-issues.

I do like access to first-rate museums, doctors and hospitals if I need
them, a real spring and a real fall, good news outlets, clients that pay
well, and not very many rednecks.

wrote:

Hmmm. We like living in this area. Was it too...competitive...for you?

Too cold mostly. Then there was the traffic, congestion and crime.

My job was far more challenging here, in a good way. I was really
bored up there.

Well, as a Yankee, what passes for cold here doesn't bother me. And
since I avoid the traffic and we haven't been hit by crime since moving
away from Florida...those are non-issues.

I do like access to first-rate museums, doctors and hospitals if I need
them, a real spring and a real fall, good news outlets, clients that pay
well, and not very many rednecks.

The only thing I agree with is the doctors but I had a direct
connection to some of the best in the city through my ex.
Cold is water freezing.
I pretty much burned out on the Smithsonian since I was there hundreds
of times over 30+ years, It was right down the road from my high
school and on my way home from work if I wanted to go that way when I
worked there. That was our regular "field trip" in the lower/middle
schools before that and a short bus/street car ride away.
I was a member for the last 10 years I lived there.
My job did not allow me to commute on the bus so I was in the traffic
for 40,000-50,000 miles a year.
I was paid the same here as there with a lower cost of living.
The news is the same everywhere and I am sure if you went south about
20 miles you would find plenty of rednecks.
I actually prefer them to urban "citidiots" who move out to the
country to "get away from it all" and then want to bring it "all" with
them.

On 11/22/17 2:20 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 13:43:22 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

There are many museums in the area, and a lot are not affiliated with
the Smithsonians, lots of concert venues, two symphony orchestras,
theaters, and we love going to Baltimore because of the many fine
restaurants and interesting neighborhoods and ethnic festivities.

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 14:49:54 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 11/22/17 2:20 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 13:43:22 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

If Harry Krause didn't live so near, the DC area wouldn't be all that bad, except for the high
costs, traffic, shootings, etc.

wrote:

On 11/22/17 2:20 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 13:43:22 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I guess I am not as big a fan of that stuff as you are.
I prefer outdoor things more and being backed up to an 11,000 acre
nature preserve is better than a stuffy museum or the symphony to me.

We do have a first rate symphony venue in Naples and a pretty good one
in Ft Myers if I really feel the need.
Restaurants do not really grab me that much either but I cook.
I do miss the blue crabs tho at a good old time crab house with brown
paper on the table and crabs dumped there by the dozen.
I went to a "crab house" in St Pete Beach once and they had silverware
and a white table cloth on the table. I knew there was something
really wrong going on there. When I asked for he steamed crabs they
just looked at me and explained they were still whole and I might not
be able to get into them.
Once I got some I had 10 people standing there, including the staff
watching how you pick a blue crab. The table cloth did take a beating
tho.

My niece teases me on Facebook all the time with pictures of a table
full of crabs. You can get them here but they are not the same. There
is not nearly as much flavor, but the water may just be too salty.
The bay runs 5-15 PPT and most of these crabs are coming from 20+
water. It may also have something to do with hibernating in a mud
bottom. They don't do that here.

You go, girl! Keyser Söze General 14 February 24th 16 02:31 AM
Wind guys versus bat guys... John H[_11_] General 19 December 16th 09 12:26 AM
NW Weather; Local Weather Station Thom Stewart ASA 1 April 10th 06 10:12 PM
Ocean weather router / weather routing Bob Cook Cruising 0 August 13th 03 09:11 PM