Default Will be buying lots of K-Cups

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 05:19:49 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 11/13/2017 7:12 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 13:43:55 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 11/13/2017 1:41 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:

Four companies, including the coffeemaker company Keurig, said they will
not be advertising on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show following a wave of
criticism over the conservative host’s coverage of sexual misconduct
allegations against Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore of Alabama.

In protest, Hannity fans are calling for a boycott of Keurig products and
the smashing of Keurig coffee pod machines. The hashtags #BoycottKeurig and
#IStandWithHannity quickly emerged on

Silly.

I don't really get the K cup thing. I think it is taking something
that is basically dirt cheap, regular drip coffee and making it more
expensive for no particular reason. I do drink more coffee than most K
cup users tho. We have a "one cup" feature on our coffee maker but I
have only used it a few times. This is not a K cup, it is a smaller
filter and a single dose of coffee. You can either use a "pod" a
coffee bag like the Maxwell house thing or a teaspoon of coffee in the
reusable filter basket.
We make a 12 cup pot first thing in the morning, my wife has a mug or
two and I work on the rest all day

I don't think K cups are designed for people like you. They are for
people like myself who used to want an occasional cup of coffee during
the day but most of the time don't drink much coffee. I have one cup
in the morning with Mrs.E. while she tells me how great Trump is. :-)

When we bought the K-cups for it we didn't buy the Keurig brand or Green
Mountain. Dunkin' Donuts sells their coffee in K-cups and that's what
we'd get.

I understand that and if that is what you do it is probably perfect
for you. I just know people who "K cup" coffee all day long. (like my
daughter)

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 04:10:57 -0800, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article ,
says...

When we bought the K-cups for it we didn't buy the Keurig brand or Green
Mountain. Dunkin' Donuts sells their coffee in K-cups and that's what
we'd get.

Dunkin' Donuts used to advertise that their coffee was a
chicory blend. That was in the 70's and 80's.
I still have 3 or 4 of their 12-ounce car mugs from that era.
They came filled with coffee for a buck each during a promo.
Might have been the first car mug I'd seen.
Came with a base you glued to the dashboard. I used it.

When I was working at the support center in Endicott I bought a DD
thermos and they would fill that for a buck. I still have it but I
have not seen if they still have a deal on the fill.
They know you will buy some doughnuts I suppose. I always did.

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 05:40:28 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

To me, Starbucks regular coffee just tastes burnt. Maybe it's because it is burnt...

I am not a Starbucks fan either. It is just nasty. It tastes like that
coffee you find at midnight that was in the Bunn cooking all day.
I had a hard time finding a regular cup of coffee in New Zealand too.
It is all espresso there. We talked to the owner of a little
restaurant out in the country for a while and she said that was fairly
new and she was not sure why the whole country "got on the bandwagon".
She didn't like espresso either but that was what the market demanded.
She sold me a cup of regular coffee from her personal pot.
Tim Tim is offline

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 05:40:28 -0800 (PST), Tim

She didn't like espresso either but that was what the market demanded.
She sold me a cup of regular coffee from her personal pot.
It’s comforting to know there are compassionate people out there...
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

To me, Starbucks regular coffee just tastes burnt. Maybe it's because it is burnt...

I am not a Starbucks fan either. It is just nasty. It tastes like that
coffee you find at midnight that was in the Bunn cooking all day.

It’s said that Cuban coffee is the reason crystal meth never took off on the Miami-Dade area

Tim wrote:

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 05:40:28 -0800 (PST), Tim

She didn't like espresso either but that was what the market demanded.
She sold me a cup of regular coffee from her personal pot.
It’s comforting to know there are compassionate people out there...

You ask for an “Americano”.

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 08:09:41 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 05:40:28 -0800 (PST), Tim

She didn't like espresso either but that was what the market demanded.
She sold me a cup of regular coffee from her personal pot.
It’s comforting to know there are compassionate people out there...

New Zealand is actually a very cool place to visit. The people there
are very easy going. I would suggest getting a car and driving around
in the countryside. We started with an itinerary a travel agent set up
for us but we blew it off after a few days. I am not much for getting
on the bus and riding to a tourist trap. If you just want the tourist
experience, go to Epcot.

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 16:10:38 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Tim wrote:
On Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 6:41:43 AM UTC-6, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/14/2017 7:10 AM, Boating All Out wrote:
In article ,
says...

When we bought the K-cups for it we didn't buy the Keurig brand or Green
Mountain. Dunkin' Donuts sells their coffee in K-cups and that's what
we'd get.

Dunkin' Donuts used to advertise that their coffee was a
chicory blend. That was in the 70's and 80's.
I still have 3 or 4 of their 12-ounce car mugs from that era.
They came filled with coffee for a buck each during a promo.
Might have been the first car mug I'd seen.
Came with a base you glued to the dashboard. I used it.

The two major coffee houses up here are Dunkin' and Starbucks.
Dunkin' is by far the most popular and their various iced coffee
offerings sell as much as regular, hot coffee even during the winter months.

I don't care for any of the weird concoctions they have. Regular, old
iced coffee, cream and two sugars or just a medium hot black coffee for me.

To me, Starbucks regular coffee just tastes burnt. Maybe it's because it is burnt...

My high school friend owns a custom coffee roasting company. He says the
Starbucks are burnt a touch. Holds up better to all the froufrou
additions.

Starbucks is for people who do not like coffee. Their specialties are
basically a milk shake with a shot of coffee in it.
Some end up being worse than a cheeseburger and fries in calorie
count, fat, carbs etc.

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 16:13:51 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Tim wrote:

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 05:40:28 -0800 (PST), Tim

She didn't like espresso either but that was what the market demanded.
She sold me a cup of regular coffee from her personal pot.
It’s comforting to know there are compassionate people out there...

You ask for an “Americano”.

I figured that out myself but it is just a shot of espresso in a cup
of hot water. The lady who ran the restaurant had a Mr Coffee in the
back for herself.
The absolute best coffee I have ever had was at the Myrtle Bank Hotel
in Kingston Jamaica. The Ritz in Naples was a close second. It is a
very strong coffee but not bitter, burnt or harsh in any way. It just
has a very distinctive taste to it and I am not sure how they do it.