Default Crazy Night

Curious as to how those south of us experienced this latest storm that
worked up the coast yesterday. We got wacked pretty hard up here.
Many schools are closed, trees and limbs are down all over the place and
power is out for about 93 percent of the affected areas. Ours was out
since about 1 am but had been restored by mid morning. Little Honda
generator to the rescue again to keep the refrigerator cold along with
running a few lights.

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 12:26:03 PM UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Curious as to how those south of us experienced this latest storm that
worked up the coast yesterday. We got wacked pretty hard up here.
Many schools are closed, trees and limbs are down all over the place and
power is out for about 93 percent of the affected areas. Ours was out
since about 1 am but had been restored by mid morning. Little Honda
generator to the rescue again to keep the refrigerator cold along with
running a few lights.

It was breezy in SC Saturday, then we had a 70% chance of rain overnight into Sunday. Got up Sunday morning to no rain at all, but plenty of wind all day. The temps dropped as the day went on, then down to 36 degrees last night, with 32 in some outlying areas. By Friday it's back up to 80.

On 10/30/2017 12:55 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
Mr. Luddite wrote:

Curious as to how those south of us experienced this latest storm that
worked up the coast yesterday. We got wacked pretty hard up here.
Many schools are closed, trees and limbs are down all over the place and
power is out for about 93 percent of the affected areas. Ours was out
since about 1 am but had been restored by mid morning. Little Honda
generator to the rescue again to keep the refrigerator cold along with
running a few lights.

We had heavy rain and this morning we had Gusty winds. No power outages.

There were over a million people without power in MA as of this morning.
Apparently, it was quite a storm that passed through. Many trees down,
large tree limbs, etc. I wouldn't know ... I slept through the whole thing.

Where's Whitefish when you need them?

On 10/30/2017 1:06 PM, Its Me wrote:
On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 12:26:03 PM UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Curious as to how those south of us experienced this latest storm that
worked up the coast yesterday. We got wacked pretty hard up here.
Many schools are closed, trees and limbs are down all over the place and
power is out for about 93 percent of the affected areas. Ours was out
since about 1 am but had been restored by mid morning. Little Honda
generator to the rescue again to keep the refrigerator cold along with
running a few lights.

It was breezy in SC Saturday, then we had a 70% chance of rain overnight into Sunday. Got up Sunday morning to no rain at all, but plenty of wind all day. The temps dropped as the day went on, then down to 36 degrees last night, with 32 in some outlying areas. By Friday it's back up to 80.

That's colder than anything we've seen up here so far this fall. Maybe
I should cross South Carolina off the "maybe" list. :-)

On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 13:19:22 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

[...]

===

I once spent a winter in South Carolina courtesy of the US Army. It
wasn't exactly tropical but temps were almost always above freezing
and we only had one very light dusting of snow. You would have
thought it was a blizzard however based on how people were acting.

---
http://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

Ah, Ft. Jackson. Yes, we can get a light snow and everything shuts down. No bread or milk in the stores, school lets out, and everyone goes home. It's a little crazy, but you have to remember that there are no snow tires, no snow plows, and no salt. The DOT will sand the overpasses and bridges, but that's about it. Oh, and most people don't have a clue how to drive in snow.

The quattro on the Audi eats it up.

Mr. Luddite wrote:

Curious as to how those south of us experienced this latest storm that
worked up the coast yesterday. We got wacked pretty hard up here.
Many schools are closed, trees and limbs are down all over the place and
power is out for about 93 percent of the affected areas. Ours was out
since about 1 am but had been restored by mid morning. Little Honda
generator to the rescue again to keep the refrigerator cold along with
running a few lights.

We had heavy rain and this morning we had Gusty winds. No power outages.

There were over a million people without power in MA as of this morning.
Apparently, it was quite a storm that passed through. Many trees down,
large tree limbs, etc. I wouldn't know ... I slept through the whole thing.

Where's Whitefish when you need them?

They are forecasting rain for the weekend. Hopefully little wind, as in
the sport Dungeness crab opener.

On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 12:26:00 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Curious as to how those south of us experienced this latest storm that
worked up the coast yesterday. We got wacked pretty hard up here.
Many schools are closed, trees and limbs are down all over the place and
power is out for about 93 percent of the affected areas. Ours was out
since about 1 am but had been restored by mid morning. Little Honda
generator to the rescue again to keep the refrigerator cold along with
running a few lights.

I didn't even know it was a named storm until I turned in the TV. It
was just wind and rain. I guess anything that was going to get blown
away blew away 6 weeks ago.

Mr. Luddite wrote:

Curious as to how those south of us experienced this latest storm that
worked up the coast yesterday. We got wacked pretty hard up here.
Many schools are closed, trees and limbs are down all over the place and
power is out for about 93 percent of the affected areas. Ours was out
since about 1 am but had been restored by mid morning. Little Honda
generator to the rescue again to keep the refrigerator cold along with
running a few lights.

We had heavy rain and this morning we had Gusty winds. No power outages.

There were over a million people without power in MA as of this morning.
Apparently, it was quite a storm that passed through. Many trees down,
large tree limbs, etc. I wouldn't know ... I slept through the whole thing.

Where's Whitefish when you need them?

They are available ;-)

Crazy... Alex[_10_] General 4 March 29th 17 01:06 AM
The best of crazy... Keyser Söze General 3 May 8th 15 03:58 AM
Crazy day Mr. Luddite General 7 February 19th 15 06:11 PM
Quiet night last night... John H.[_5_] General 34 August 2nd 08 12:09 AM
Night Night, my little fishies! Bobsprit ASA 3 January 27th 04 03:03 AM