Default Speaking of pellets

On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 12:09:09 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 10:46:25 -0400, John H
wrote:

On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 06:46:13 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote:

Just in case you missed it, the pellet grill will need 120vAC to function. I don't remember you ever saying that you dry camp, but if you don't have hookups you'll need a generator to run the grill.

Also, it bears repeating that pellet grills aren't very good grills if you want to sear. A few have a searing insert, but it's still a compromise. I kept my gas grill because of that.

Before I do anything, I have to see if it'll fit in the trailer compartment which is used for my
grill. If not, then I'll not get it. Also wondering how easy it will be to lift the 62.bs, sometimes
on my knees, to get it into the compartment.

Bill had the idea of putting a steak at the front of the Traeger. I'm still thinking. But, if I get
one, it'll be the Traeger so I can fold the legs and take it with.

Not actually knowing anything about these grills I decided to RTFM.
The first one I saw was Green Mountain and they say their grill is
running on 12vdc that can be supplied from am AC adapter, a battery or
a cigarette lighter plug. It might be a feature you want to be sure
you get if you are talking this on the road

We very seldom stay in a place without electricity, unless it's a freebie at a Flying-J or
something. In those cases we usually eat in the truck stop or make do with sandwiches.

Thanks for the info though. I looked at the Green Mountain. The tailgater has folding legs,
supposedly, but they don't look very damn strong. And, there's no picture of the grill with the legs
folded.

One nice thing about Traeger is that it's sold by our local Home Depot.

wrote:

[...]

I didn't look at the Traegar book but I am sure it is online. They may
actually run on 12vDC too.
I was just curious why it needed power at all and now I understand but
the power requirements seem pretty low.

wrote:

[...]

The Traegers run on 120vAC. The little folding Green Mountain does run on 12v, but the current draw is up to 5amps. No problem with a shorter cook, but a long cook could seriously deplete a battery.

wrote:

[...]

12v would work, but for how long. The threager has a power auger to feed
the pellets, and a fan that distributes the heat.

Speaking of the IRS John H[_2_] General 4 June 11th 13 06:05 PM
And speaking of... F.O.A.D. General 10 February 24th 13 07:32 PM
Speaking of... Tom Francis - SWSports General 21 December 10th 08 01:23 PM
Speaking of Put-In-Bay............. JimH[_2_] General 2 August 4th 08 04:44 AM
Speaking of XP... Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] General 0 April 15th 08 01:25 AM