Default Speaking of Put-In-Bay.............

The water snakes of the Lake Erie Islands (including South Bass
Island) are on the rise:

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2008/06/snakes.html

Mike Rowe visited with the Snake Lady on South Bass Island and aired
his trip on his Dirty Jobs show in 2006:

http://www.bloggingohio.com/2006/12/...annels-show-d/

We have been in the water when the snakes swam past us. They are
normally harmless but apparently bite when being caught. ;-)

Tim Tim is offline

http://www.bloggingohio.com/2006/12/...snake-lady-app...

We have been in the water when the snakes swam past us. They are
normally harmless but apparently bite when being caught. ;-)

Time escapes me, but didn't somebody post about the possible
extinction of those slither's a year or so ago?
Senior Member

On Aug 3, 11:36*pm, Tim wrote:
On Aug 2, 4:19 pm, JimH wrote:

The water snakes of the Lake Erie Islands (including South Bass
Island) are on the rise:

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2008/06/snakes.html

Mike Rowe visited with the Snake Lady on South Bass Island and aired
his trip on his Dirty Jobs show in 2006:

http://www.bloggingohio.com/2006/12/...snake-lady-app...

We have been in the water when the snakes swam past us. *They are
normally harmless but apparently bite when being caught. *;-)

Time escapes me, but didn't somebody post about the possible
extinction of those slither's a year or so ago?

That was the episode that made me respect Mike Rowe, not that I didn't
before. But I saw him get bit so hard he dropped right to his knees
and he is a pretty tough guy from what I have seen. That wasn't enough
though. He stuck his arms right back in and got bit a couple of more
times. What was even more amazing was the chick he was working with,
she hardly even flinched when she got bit..