Default Ding Dong the witch is dead

The ficus tree is on the curb.
The biggest of those logs is about 1000 pounds. I hope the claw truck
is working well. Not bad work for an old guy tho.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/fichus%20killer.jpg
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Tree%20on%20the%20curb.jpg

I am guessing 3 18 wheelers
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Hort%20pile%2010-21.jpg

On 10/21/17 9:45 PM, wrote:
The ficus tree is on the curb.
The biggest of those logs is about 1000 pounds. I hope the claw truck
is working well. Not bad work for an old guy tho.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/fichus%20killer.jpg
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Tree%20on%20the%20curb.jpg

I am guessing 3 18 wheelers
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Hort%20pile%2010-21.jpg

I knew you could fool those duck guys into cutting down the tree and
maybe painting your fence, too, Tom Sawyer.

On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 21:56:33 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 10/21/17 9:45 PM, wrote:
The ficus tree is on the curb.
The biggest of those logs is about 1000 pounds. I hope the claw truck
is working well. Not bad work for an old guy tho.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/fichus%20killer.jpg
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Tree%20on%20the%20curb.jpg

I am guessing 3 18 wheelers
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Hort%20pile%2010-21.jpg

I knew you could fool those duck guys into cutting down the tree and
maybe painting your fence, too, Tom Sawyer.

You know, I looked around and those duck ****ers were nowhere to be
seen. My neighbor came over to help but he slipped away as soon as he
could. I go a little too fast for most people and I don't stop very
often.
I don't know how many tons of hort I moved in the last several weeks
but a smaller part of that tree was 8 tons when I took it down several
years ago and it filled a 30 yard dumpster.
That was just the biggest tree. We had lots of stuff down here.
I just found out I am taking down another one here tomorrow, a 30' sea
grape.

On 10/21/2017 10:41 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 21:56:33 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 10/21/17 9:45 PM,
wrote:
[...]

You're a regular Paul Bunyan.

https://tinyurl.com/ybzztu9s

On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 22:55:05 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/21/2017 10:41 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 21:56:33 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 10/21/17 9:45 PM,
wrote:
[...]

I was expecting Monte Python ;-)

On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 21:45:33 -0400, wrote:

The ficus tree is on the curb.
The biggest of those logs is about 1000 pounds. I hope the claw truck
is working well. Not bad work for an old guy tho.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/fichus%20killer.jpg
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Tree%20on%20the%20curb.jpg

I am guessing 3 18 wheelers
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Hort%20pile%2010-21.jpg

Up here most of that would be run through a chipper (diesel operated of course). Then you'd probably
be down to a couple deuce-and-a-halfs.

On Sun, 22 Oct 2017 07:12:25 -0400, John H
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 21:45:33 -0400, wrote:

The ficus tree is on the curb.
The biggest of those logs is about 1000 pounds. I hope the claw truck
is working well. Not bad work for an old guy tho.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/fichus%20killer.jpg
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Tree%20on%20the%20curb.jpg

I am guessing 3 18 wheelers
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Hort%20pile%2010-21.jpg

Up here most of that would be run through a chipper (diesel operated of course). Then you'd probably
be down to a couple deuce-and-a-halfs.

I haven't seen a chipper with a 3 foot throat. The county says they
are planning on 2.5 to 3 million yards of stuff so the chipper method
might be to slow. They are here with a gradall and 10 yard dump
trucks. It is going to be a while for that too. Last time (Charley)
they had 18 wheelers.
That was a contractor, this is county DOT.

wrote:

The ficus tree is on the curb.
The biggest of those logs is about 1000 pounds. I hope the claw truck
is working well. Not bad work for an old guy tho.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/fichus%20killer.jpg
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Tree%20on%20the%20curb.jpg

I am guessing 3 18 wheelers
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Hort%20pile%2010-21.jpg

Up here most of that would be run through a chipper (diesel operated of course). Then you'd probably
be down to a couple deuce-and-a-halfs.

I haven't seen a chipper with a 3 foot throat. The county says they
are planning on 2.5 to 3 million yards of stuff so the chipper method
might be to slow. They are here with a gradall and 10 yard dump
trucks. It is going to be a while for that too. Last time (Charley)
they had 18 wheelers.
That was a contractor, this is county DOT.

'Most' (as in volume). The biggest chipper I've seen (and used) would take up to 12" (according to
the manufacturer). About the biggest we put in it was 8-10". No, the ficus wouldn't go there! I was
thinking the piles in your last picture.

wrote:

The ficus tree is on the curb.
The biggest of those logs is about 1000 pounds. I hope the claw truck
is working well. Not bad work for an old guy tho.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/fichus%20killer.jpg
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Tree%20on%20the%20curb.jpg

I am guessing 3 18 wheelers
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Hort%20pile%2010-21.jpg

Up here most of that would be run through a chipper (diesel operated of course). Then you'd probably
be down to a couple deuce-and-a-halfs.

I haven't seen a chipper with a 3 foot throat. The county says they
are planning on 2.5 to 3 million yards of stuff so the chipper method
might be to slow. They are here with a gradall and 10 yard dump
trucks. It is going to be a while for that too. Last time (Charley)
they had 18 wheelers.
That was a contractor, this is county DOT.

Some of those chippers are pretty amazing though. I was watching a crew
remove a large tree from a congested, developed area. They use a huge
crane to lift the tree in sections after being cut by a nut with a
chainsaw, hanging halfway up the tree on a rope. They then cut the
limbs off and fed a chipper with long sections up to a foot in diameter.
They bogged the diesel engine down a bit but chewed them up. The
larger tree trunk sections were hauled away uncut to be processed into
firewood or other usages.

Palin the ding dong [email protected] General 46 June 11th 11 09:25 AM
Ding Dong... Harryk General 10 April 9th 11 03:01 AM
Ding! Dong! The witch is dead! Rich General 18 November 9th 09 09:22 PM
Ding Dong: Short Pants Fishing JimH General 5 February 28th 07 11:41 AM
Ding Dong: Chuck Gould JimH General 2 June 15th 06 07:46 AM