posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default Ding! Dong! The witch is dead!

Everyone!

Please read the following response from ISP.com about Tim's postings:

"Thank you for including such detail, we have disabled his account
causing him to call in and will deal with him when he does call in.

Daryl F
Sysops

(my email to ISP.com

Dear Sirs:

I am complaining that a customer of yours, Tim Ingram,
, is posting spam and clogging up usenet groups with
advertising for his business, www.sponsonguy.com. He cuts and pastes
whole pages from his website and posts them 3, 4, 5, 6 sometimes even
more times on a single entry on usenet groups. He is currently
clogging up pages and pages of text on the usenet group
recreation.boats.paddle as the following posting I am including
describes:

ACTUAL POSTING FROM 10/22/09:

(edited here but entire pages and pages were sent to ISP.com as
examples)"

So, in the meantime let's chat it up while we have the board free.

Great to hear from you, Mothra. A lot of us are still around, still
paddling and reflecting on this journey called life.

"So many believe that it is love that grows. but it is the knowing
that grows and love simply expands to contain it. Love is just the
skin of knowing". --William P. Young

jaybird (alias Rich)

posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Oct 24, 7:42*am, Rich wrote:
[...]

I posted a note over on Boatertalk's "Liquid Lounge" forum about
Timmy's ISP demise. Hoping this might generate a little more
participation over here on RBP (almost wrote RBC, as I'm studying
hematology right now! :-) )

John Kuthe..
posted to rec.boats.paddle

In a previous article, Rich said:
clogging up pages and pages of text on the usenet group
recreation.boats.paddle as the following posting I am including

You know, if you're going to complain about somebody flooding a newsgroup,
it would probably be a good idea to get the name of the newsgroup right.

This is rec.boats.paddle. There is no such heirarchy as "recreation".

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
"What we obtain too cheap we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that
posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Oct 24, 8:55�pm, (Paul Tomblin) wrote:
In a previous article, Rich said:

clogging up pages and pages of text on the usenet group
recreation.boats.paddle as the following posting I am including

You know, if you're going to complain about somebody flooding a newsgroup,
it would probably be a good idea to get the name of the newsgroup right.

This is rec.boats.paddle. �There is no such heirarchy as "recreation".

Actualy we are both correct. rec.boats.paddle is an accepted
abbreviation but if you sign up for this group the first broad
catagory is "recreation" not rec. Type them both into a google search
and it takes you to the same place. Gotta love it.....

Rich

Rich
posted to rec.boats.paddle

In a previous article, Rich said:
On Oct 24, 8:55�pm, (Paul Tomblin) wrote:
In a previous article, Rich said:

clogging up pages and pages of text on the usenet group
recreation.boats.paddle as the following posting I am including

You know, if you're going to complain about somebody flooding a newsgroup,
it would probably be a good idea to get the name of the newsgroup right.

This is rec.boats.paddle. �There is no such heirarchy as "recreation".

Actualy we are both correct. rec.boats.paddle is an accepted
abbreviation but if you sign up for this group the first broad
catagory is "recreation" not rec. Type them both into a google search
and it takes you to the same place. Gotta love it.....

I don't care what abortion of a crap-fest the Google interface tells you,
this is a Usenet newsgroup called rec.boats.paddle. It's called that on
every Usenet server in the world that carries it. If you want an ISP to
investigate your claims, you better get the name right or they'll look on
their Usenet server, see that there are no groups that start with
"recreation", and write you off as an idiot or a crank.

I've been a Usenet server administrator since 1987. I think I can claim
to know what I'm talking about in this regard.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
"Being lectured on fiscal responsibility by George Bush is like being

posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Oct 25, 6:31*am, Rich wrote:
On Oct 24, 8:55 pm, (Paul Tomblin) wrote:

In a previous article, Rich said:

clogging up pages and pages of text on the usenet group
recreation.boats.paddle as the following posting I am including

You know, if you're going to complain about somebody flooding a newsgroup,
it would probably be a good idea to get the name of the newsgroup right..

This is rec.boats.paddle. There is no such heirarchy as "recreation".

Actualy we are both correct. *rec.boats.paddle is an accepted
abbreviation but if you sign up for this group the first broad
catagory is "recreation" not rec. *Type them both into a google search
and it takes you to the same place. *Gotta love it.....

Rich

Rich

And already we are seeing a return the the RBP chatter of olde!

Pointlessly arguments about things that have nothing to do with
boating! :-)

John Kuthe...
posted to rec.boats.paddle

"John Kuthe" wrote in message
On Oct 25, 6:31 am, Rich wrote:
[...]

################################################## ###########################

Yeah, but it shows numbers so people actually stop and check (even
SponsonBoy's post do that), and then they're here
and might stay.

And I'd be pretty amazed at any ISP that didn't know that "rec" stood for
"recreation", but whatever.

It's way too cold and nasty here for much paddling, so gotta amuse ourselves
somehow. One disadvantage to plastic boat -
in the "olden days" you could spend the winter discussing major repairs and
tear-downs. Now, not so much...

Cricket

posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Oct 25, 9:12*am, "Cricket" wrote:
"John Kuthe" wrote in message

On Oct 25, 6:31 am, Rich wrote:

[...]

Too cold? Why, is the water solid?

I live in Missouri, and my home river is the Saint Francis. If the
water's liquid, people paddle! I've paddled in below 0 Celsius temps
and had ice forming on my paddle, and when it was raining ice too. But
as long as the water's liquid, and exists...

John Kuthe...
posted to rec.boats.paddle

"John Kuthe" wrote in message
On Oct 25, 9:12 am, "Cricket" wrote:
"John Kuthe" wrote in message
Rich

Too cold? Why, is the water solid?

I live in Missouri, and my home river is the Saint Francis. If the
water's liquid, people paddle! I've paddled in below 0 Celsius temps
and had ice forming on my paddle, and when it was raining ice too. But
as long as the water's liquid, and exists...

John Kuthe...

I'm not a fan of cold and wet when it's coming down from above too. I can
stay out of the water, mostly - but down the back of my neck - I don't even
ride in that weather if I can help it, and the horse puts out considerable
heat (those Aussie coats that hang down over the saddle? Little heat
risers, they are... ;)

Plus going by myself *and* that cold is a bad idea - and I'm *damn* sure I
don't know anyone else who will go. Used to be a bunch who went out every
Jan 1, down the Kalamazoo river (for a short stretch) - and then retired to
Su Casa, a local very tasty Mexican restaurant which (very relevant) serves
beer.

Then no one could say they'd been out earlier that year...but I don't
remember them ever saying they went right back out the next weekend... ;D

The Kalamazoo is the only river you can count on being liquid at that time
of year, so I don't feel too bad abandoning the rest 'til something
resembling spring.

Cricket

posted to rec.boats.paddle

################################################## #########################�##

Yeah, but it shows numbers so people actually stop and check (even
SponsonBoy's post do that), and then they're here
and might stay.

And I'd be pretty amazed at any ISP that didn't know that "rec" stood for
"recreation", but whatever.

It's way too cold and nasty here for much paddling, so gotta amuse ourselves
somehow. �One disadvantage to plastic boat -
in the "olden days" you could spend the winter discussing major repairs and
tear-downs. �Now, not so much...

Too cold? Why, is the water solid?

I live in Missouri, and my home river is the Saint Francis. If the
water's liquid, people paddle! I've paddled in below 0 Celsius temps
and had ice forming on my paddle, and when it was raining ice too. But
as long as the water's liquid, and exists...

John Kuthe...- Hide quoted text -

John, I have paddled the St. Francis River in the past, as well as the
Little SF, Big Creek, the Eleven Point and the Current when I was in
the area. All lovely rivers, and I look forward to doing them again
someday. As a Michigan-based paddler, we never put the canoes away
for the winter. There are spots that stay ope in the cities, and a
few natural-flow rivers that are spring-fed. I remember a couple
winters ago a bunch of us with boats on top pulled into a restaurant
in February and wiped out the parking lot for the snow machines that
came later. Boy, did we get some strange looks!

Now, how about starting a BOATING controversy that has nothing to do
with sp******ns or ISPs. How about reviving the straps vs. ropes
arguement and we'll have a showdown between the trucker's hitchers and
the cam bucklers?

Rich

Ding Dong: Short Pants Fishing JimH General 5 February 28th 07 11:41 AM
alt.sailing.asa is invaded by kooks, trolls,ding-a-lings, nuts and lunaticks. JeanneDArc~ ASA 0 December 11th 06 05:54 PM
Ding Dong: Chuck Gould JimH General 2 June 15th 06 07:46 AM
Ding DongWeather katysails ASA 24 March 31st 05 12:09 AM
Whoop-Ding! Bob Crantz ASA 30 June 27th 04 10:15 PM