posted to rec.boats.paddle
Cricket[_2_] Cricket[_2_] is offline

Default Ding! Dong! The witch is dead!

"John Kuthe" wrote in message
On Oct 25, 6:31 am, Rich wrote:
On Oct 24, 8:55 pm, (Paul Tomblin) wrote:

In a previous article, Rich said:

clogging up pages and pages of text on the usenet group
recreation.boats.paddle as the following posting I am including

You know, if you're going to complain about somebody flooding a
newsgroup,
it would probably be a good idea to get the name of the newsgroup right.

This is rec.boats.paddle. There is no such heirarchy as "recreation".

Actualy we are both correct. rec.boats.paddle is an accepted
abbreviation but if you sign up for this group the first broad
catagory is "recreation" not rec. Type them both into a google search
and it takes you to the same place. Gotta love it.....

Rich

Rich

And already we are seeing a return the the RBP chatter of olde!

Pointlessly arguments about things that have nothing to do with
boating! :-)

John Kuthe...

################################################## ###########################

Yeah, but it shows numbers so people actually stop and check (even
SponsonBoy's post do that), and then they're here
and might stay.

And I'd be pretty amazed at any ISP that didn't know that "rec" stood for
"recreation", but whatever.

It's way too cold and nasty here for much paddling, so gotta amuse ourselves
somehow. One disadvantage to plastic boat -
in the "olden days" you could spend the winter discussing major repairs and
tear-downs. Now, not so much...

Cricket