posted to rec.boats.paddle
Paul Tomblin Paul Tomblin is offline

Default Ding! Dong! The witch is dead!

In a previous article, Rich said:
On Oct 24, 8:55�pm, (Paul Tomblin) wrote:
In a previous article, Rich said:

clogging up pages and pages of text on the usenet group
recreation.boats.paddle as the following posting I am including

You know, if you're going to complain about somebody flooding a newsgroup,
it would probably be a good idea to get the name of the newsgroup right.

This is rec.boats.paddle. �There is no such heirarchy as "recreation".

Actualy we are both correct. rec.boats.paddle is an accepted
abbreviation but if you sign up for this group the first broad
catagory is "recreation" not rec. Type them both into a google search
and it takes you to the same place. Gotta love it.....

I don't care what abortion of a crap-fest the Google interface tells you,
this is a Usenet newsgroup called rec.boats.paddle. It's called that on
every Usenet server in the world that carries it. If you want an ISP to
investigate your claims, you better get the name right or they'll look on
their Usenet server, see that there are no groups that start with
"recreation", and write you off as an idiot or a crank.

I've been a Usenet server administrator since 1987. I think I can claim
to know what I'm talking about in this regard.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
"Being lectured on fiscal responsibility by George Bush is like being