Default The Monday Massacre

Yates is out, Boente is the acting Bork.

On 1/31/17 2:34 AM, wrote:
Yates is out, Boente is the acting Bork.

I'm sure Sally Yates knew exactly what Trump would do. He's the Pavlov's
Doggie POTUS.

On 1/31/17 7:13 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/31/2017 6:38 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/31/17 2:34 AM, wrote:
Yates is out, Boente is the acting Bork.

I'm sure Sally Yates knew exactly what Trump would do. He's the Pavlov's
Doggie POTUS.

We have much bigger problems than that.

Woke up this morning and learned that Trump (via his advisor/aid Steve
Miller) didn't have the courtesy of even informing his cabinet members
or pertinent nominees including the Secretary of Defense , Speaker of
the House Paul Ryan, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and other
government department heads who should have been advised of his ban on
immigration from certain countries.

Worse, it is being reported that staff members of some departments
necessary to initiate the ban were required to sign non-disclosure
statements prohibiting them from discussing or even telling the
department head for whom they worked what they were being tasked to do.

I don't like this. I am afraid that the base of Trump's support, once
they wake up and realize the dictatorial nature of his governing style,
are going to revolt big time. Right now they are reveling in his
kick-ass, take no prisoners style, saying he's just doing what he said
he would do. That's fine. It's the methods in which he is doing it
that is absolutely un-American and wrong.

I don't believe the "base of Trump's support" gives a **** about
anything except their admiration and joy for his hate-mongering,
political uncorrectness and dictatorial style.

My guess is that the courts will uphold the unconstitutionality of
Trump's Muslim ban, and a Muslim ban it is. It clearly violates the
First and Fourteenth Amendments. OF course, *then* Trump will claim he
is not subject to the jurisdiction of the courts, if he hasn't done that
already.

Trump really is a fascist in his heart. Steve Bannon, a neo-Nazi, will
encourage and abet that, and most of Trump's intended cabinet are
nothing more than incompetent suck-ups. Trump is leading us into really
dangerous territory.

George W. Bush must be taking some special secret delight in this...with
Trump in the White House, America will soon have someone who will be
considered "the worst president in anyone's memory."

On 1/31/17 2:34 AM, wrote:
[...]

I won't go as far as calling Trump a fascist. At least not yet. I
think he is operating as if the federal government is a privately owned
business where the CEO has ultimate say and authority in establishing
rules and policies (within certain governing laws that pertain to
business). Perhaps if Trump Industries was a publicly held company with
requirements to notify shareholders of significant changes to policy he
would have a better understanding of what being POTUS is all about.

On 1/31/17 2:34 AM, wrote:
[...]

Did this information come from the Washington Post or Joe Scarborough? I don't believe much of what
is written in the Washington Post, which has one agenda - to be anti-Trump regardless. And, it
wouldn't surprise me if Joe got his 'lead' from the Washington Post.

"Defense Secretary James Mattis and Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly fumed privately to
associates over the weekend because they had been caught unaware by a travel ban that was drafted
and set into action largely in secret by the White House, according to three people who have spoken
with them."

What 'three people who have spoken to them'?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.3e3550669bf6

On 1/31/17 2:34 AM, wrote:
[...]

I heard the story on "Morning Joe" ... Joe Scarborough. So far, nobody
in the Trump administration (including the Donald) have disputed it's
accuracy. The idea of him unilaterally directing these policies,
relying only on people like Steve Miller and that weirdo, Steve Bannon
and not involving people like his Secretary of Defense or Secretary of
Homeland Security is scary IMO.

On 1/31/17 2:34 AM, wrote:
[...]

Don't know when you watched Morning Joe, but I wouldn't have expected much action from anyone prior
to the time you wrote the above post (08:49:38).

If Scaborough got the story from the Washington Post, which I think likely, then I could understand
there being no dispute of its accuracy. If the administratiion disputed every piece of bull**** in
the Washington Post, they'd be doing nothing else but.

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 12:21:57 -0500, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

If media reports are accurate, nobody in his sparse cabinet nor any
members of Congressional leadership were notified or even asked for
their input. If that's not true, then I would gladly retract my
complaint about how this was done. I still say he's acting like the CEO
of a privately held company rather than the POTUS. I am starting to
wonder if he knows the difference.

If media reports were accurate there wouldn't have been all these 'protests' about his immigration
policy. The media have been hyping the public as much as possible with bull**** stories.

===

The issue that Luddite is pointing out relates to his management and
leadership style. As he pointed out, a management style that may work
in a small, privately owned business will probably not lead to success
in a large, sprawling government organization where everything is
constantly under the microscope and subject to second guessing. If he
alienates congressional Republicans by not keeping them in the loop,
it will become very difficult for Trump to get things done.

wrote:

[...]

I understand that his management style is more suited to big business. But I still feel that about
90% of the hysteria out there is purposely induced by the media, especially the Washington Post.