Mr. Luddite Mr. Luddite is offline

Default The Monday Massacre

On 1/31/2017 7:29 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/31/17 7:13 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/31/2017 6:38 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/31/17 2:34 AM, wrote:
Yates is out, Boente is the acting Bork.

I'm sure Sally Yates knew exactly what Trump would do. He's the Pavlov's
Doggie POTUS.

We have much bigger problems than that.

Woke up this morning and learned that Trump (via his advisor/aid Steve
Miller) didn't have the courtesy of even informing his cabinet members
or pertinent nominees including the Secretary of Defense , Speaker of
the House Paul Ryan, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and other
government department heads who should have been advised of his ban on
immigration from certain countries.

Worse, it is being reported that staff members of some departments
necessary to initiate the ban were required to sign non-disclosure
statements prohibiting them from discussing or even telling the
department head for whom they worked what they were being tasked to do.

I don't like this. I am afraid that the base of Trump's support, once
they wake up and realize the dictatorial nature of his governing style,
are going to revolt big time. Right now they are reveling in his
kick-ass, take no prisoners style, saying he's just doing what he said
he would do. That's fine. It's the methods in which he is doing it
that is absolutely un-American and wrong.

I don't believe the "base of Trump's support" gives a **** about
anything except their admiration and joy for his hate-mongering,
political uncorrectness and dictatorial style.

My guess is that the courts will uphold the unconstitutionality of
Trump's Muslim ban, and a Muslim ban it is. It clearly violates the
First and Fourteenth Amendments. OF course, *then* Trump will claim he
is not subject to the jurisdiction of the courts, if he hasn't done that
already.

Trump really is a fascist in his heart. Steve Bannon, a neo-Nazi, will
encourage and abet that, and most of Trump's intended cabinet are
nothing more than incompetent suck-ups. Trump is leading us into really
dangerous territory.

George W. Bush must be taking some special secret delight in this...with
Trump in the White House, America will soon have someone who will be
considered "the worst president in anyone's memory."

I won't go as far as calling Trump a fascist. At least not yet. I
think he is operating as if the federal government is a privately owned
business where the CEO has ultimate say and authority in establishing
rules and policies (within certain governing laws that pertain to
business). Perhaps if Trump Industries was a publicly held company with
requirements to notify shareholders of significant changes to policy he
would have a better understanding of what being POTUS is all about.