Default Shooting the SR1911

On 12/23/16 10:04 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 20:52:26 -0500, Alex wrote:

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/1934.jpg
Most if not all of the dings and wear are mine.

Harry would dispute the "collector" status because he doesn't own one.
Nice firearm!

The magazine has the pinky finger tang that completes the grip. That
makes it very controllable.
http://www.berettaweb.com/Beretta%20...ta-1934-43.jpg
The .380 does not produce much recoil to start with and you can get
back on target pretty much instantly. When I was shooting a lot I
could come from low ready and fire 3 shots into a 5" circle at 7 yards
in 2-3 seconds. It is the most natural pointing gun I have ever owned.
If you can point your finger at something you can go into the trigger
guard and hit it.

I have no interest in collecting guns.

On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 22:17:02 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 12/23/16 10:04 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 20:52:26 -0500, Alex wrote:

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/1934.jpg
Most if not all of the dings and wear are mine.

Harry would dispute the "collector" status because he doesn't own one.
Nice firearm!

The magazine has the pinky finger tang that completes the grip. That
makes it very controllable.
http://www.berettaweb.com/Beretta%20...ta-1934-43.jpg
The .380 does not produce much recoil to start with and you can get
back on target pretty much instantly. When I was shooting a lot I
could come from low ready and fire 3 shots into a 5" circle at 7 yards
in 2-3 seconds. It is the most natural pointing gun I have ever owned.
If you can point your finger at something you can go into the trigger
guard and hit it.

I have no interest in collecting guns.

Me either. Every one I have has a specific purpose with little
overlap.

On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 22:14:39 -0500, wrote:

On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 20:59:43 -0500, Poco Loco
wrote:

Tomorrow I'm going to the range to get a 15 pound spring. They sell them there for the same price as
any I've seen online, and I won't have to pay shipping!

If you load with +p "defense" stuff, you may want to go back to the
stronger spring.
I never shoot anything but regular ball in my P90 but I suspect it
will handle anything I throw at it. I have never had a malfunction but
I hold on to the gun ;-)
My old CG chief was a competitive shooter and he taught me a whole lot
about shooting the .45
He really got ****ed at people who whined about the 1911. He offered
to let anyone pick any pistol out of the armory and he would go shoot
against you for money, even if you had your tuned up Gold Cup.
He had a nice competition pistol and they shot match ammo at the show
but he said it did not make that much difference over a hard ball gun
and WWII surplus ammo.

I don't expect to be shooting any +p or +p+ in that thing. I figure a round of regular stuff in the
chest would probably do the job, especially if the 'chest' is on a sheet of paper. Here's what Ruger
says about ammo for the SR1911:

The RUGER®SR1911® pistols are compatible with all factory ammunition
of the correct caliber loaded to U.S. Industry Standards, including high-velocity
and hollow-point loads, loaded in brass, aluminum, or steel cartridge cases. No
ammunition manufactured in accordance with NATO, U.S., SAAMI, or CIP
standards is known to be beyond the design limits or known not to function in
these pistols.

I'm going to try a 15lb spring in it and see what that does.

On 12/23/16 10:04 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 20:52:26 -0500, Alex wrote:

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/1934.jpg
Most if not all of the dings and wear are mine.

Harry would dispute the "collector" status because he doesn't own one.
Nice firearm!

The magazine has the pinky finger tang that completes the grip. That
makes it very controllable.
http://www.berettaweb.com/Beretta%20...ta-1934-43.jpg
The .380 does not produce much recoil to start with and you can get
back on target pretty much instantly. When I was shooting a lot I
could come from low ready and fire 3 shots into a 5" circle at 7 yards
in 2-3 seconds. It is the most natural pointing gun I have ever owned.
If you can point your finger at something you can go into the trigger
guard and hit it.

I have no interest in collecting guns.

Donnie believes that, I'll bet. You forget you've already bragged to us about your 'collectibles'?

On 12/23/2016 10:17 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 12/23/16 10:04 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 20:52:26 -0500, Alex wrote:

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/1934.jpg
Most if not all of the dings and wear are mine.

Harry would dispute the "collector" status because he doesn't own one.
Nice firearm!

The magazine has the pinky finger tang that completes the grip. That
makes it very controllable.
http://www.berettaweb.com/Beretta%20...ta-1934-43.jpg
The .380 does not produce much recoil to start with and you can get
back on target pretty much instantly. When I was shooting a lot I
could come from low ready and fire 3 shots into a 5" circle at 7 yards
in 2-3 seconds. It is the most natural pointing gun I have ever owned.
If you can point your finger at something you can go into the trigger
guard and hit it.

I have no interest in collecting guns.

I have no interest in what you're not interested in.

On 12/23/16 10:04 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 20:52:26 -0500, Alex wrote:

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/1934.jpg
Most if not all of the dings and wear are mine.

Harry would dispute the "collector" status because he doesn't own one.
Nice firearm!

The magazine has the pinky finger tang that completes the grip. That
makes it very controllable.
http://www.berettaweb.com/Beretta%20...ta-1934-43.jpg
The .380 does not produce much recoil to start with and you can get
back on target pretty much instantly. When I was shooting a lot I
could come from low ready and fire 3 shots into a 5" circle at 7 yards
in 2-3 seconds. It is the most natural pointing gun I have ever owned.
If you can point your finger at something you can go into the trigger
guard and hit it.

I have no interest in collecting guns.

I have no interest in what you're not interested in.

I'll be sure to file your comment in my "who gives a ****" box, once
there is room for it. BTW, are you wearing your "I suck up to Trump"
button to ensure your personal safety?

On 12/23/16 10:04 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 20:52:26 -0500, Alex wrote:

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/1934.jpg
Most if not all of the dings and wear are mine.

Harry would dispute the "collector" status because he doesn't own one.
Nice firearm!

The magazine has the pinky finger tang that completes the grip. That
makes it very controllable.
http://www.berettaweb.com/Beretta%20...ta-1934-43.jpg
The .380 does not produce much recoil to start with and you can get
back on target pretty much instantly. When I was shooting a lot I
could come from low ready and fire 3 shots into a 5" circle at 7 yards
in 2-3 seconds. It is the most natural pointing gun I have ever owned.
If you can point your finger at something you can go into the trigger
guard and hit it.

I have no interest in collecting guns.

I have no interest in what you're not interested in.

LOL! Can't understand why not.

wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 20:52:26 -0500, Alex wrote:

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/1934.jpg
Most if not all of the dings and wear are mine.

Harry would dispute the "collector" status because he doesn't own one.
Nice firearm!

The magazine has the pinky finger tang that completes the grip. That
makes it very controllable.
http://www.berettaweb.com/Beretta%20...ta-1934-43.jpg
The .380 does not produce much recoil to start with and you can get
back on target pretty much instantly. When I was shooting a lot I
could come from low ready and fire 3 shots into a 5" circle at 7 yards
in 2-3 seconds. It is the most natural pointing gun I have ever owned.
If you can point your finger at something you can go into the trigger
guard and hit it.

If you ever want to sell it, let me know!

On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 21:29:02 -0500, Alex wrote:

wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 20:52:26 -0500, Alex wrote:

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/1934.jpg
Most if not all of the dings and wear are mine.
Harry would dispute the "collector" status because he doesn't own one.
Nice firearm!

The magazine has the pinky finger tang that completes the grip. That
makes it very controllable.
http://www.berettaweb.com/Beretta%20...ta-1934-43.jpg
The .380 does not produce much recoil to start with and you can get
back on target pretty much instantly. When I was shooting a lot I
could come from low ready and fire 3 shots into a 5" circle at 7 yards
in 2-3 seconds. It is the most natural pointing gun I have ever owned.
If you can point your finger at something you can go into the trigger
guard and hit it.

If you ever want to sell it, let me know!

I am not really an arms trader.
There are commercial 1934s around and you can probably find a war
trophy like this one if you look.