BoatBanter.com

-   -   Ping: Greg (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/172699-ping-greg.html)

Mr. Luddite November 18th 16 11:14 PM

Ping: Greg

My oldest grandson is in his 6th week of US Coast Guard boot camp. He
just called home with news of his first duty station:

http://navaltoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/USCGC-Tahoma-Back-in-Portsmouth-Homeport.jpg

Tim November 18th 16 11:23 PM

Ping: Greg

Oh yeah!!!

[email protected] November 19th 16 01:32 AM

Ping: Greg

On Fri, 18 Nov 2016 18:14:53 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

My oldest grandson is in his 6th week of US Coast Guard boot camp. He
just called home with news of his first duty station:

http://navaltoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/USCGC-Tahoma-Back-in-Portsmouth-Homeport.jpg

Way cool. That is a step up from my first cutter

https://www.semperparatus.com/images...o_jan1967..jpg

"Charley" (weather station) in Nov Dec 65 was fun ;-)
What is he planning on doing? I went to school before I went to sea.

Mr. Luddite November 19th 16 01:48 AM

Ping: Greg

wrote:

My oldest grandson is in his 6th week of US Coast Guard boot camp. He
just called home with news of his first duty station:

http://navaltoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/USCGC-Tahoma-Back-in-Portsmouth-Homeport.jpg

Way cool. That is a step up from my first cutter

https://www.semperparatus.com/images...o_jan1967..jpg

"Charley" (weather station) in Nov Dec 65 was fun ;-)
What is he planning on doing? I went to school before I went to sea.

Things have changed in the Coast Guard. You now qualify for schools
before signing up but you have to spend about a year at a duty station
after boot camp before attending the schools. He will be going to an
electrical type school (forget which one exactly) but I think it is
similar to the Navy's "EM" or "electrician's mate" school. Whoops. I
guess it must now be "electrician's person" school.

[email protected] November 19th 16 02:29 AM

Ping: Greg

wrote:

My oldest grandson is in his 6th week of US Coast Guard boot camp. He
just called home with news of his first duty station:

http://navaltoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/USCGC-Tahoma-Back-in-Portsmouth-Homeport.jpg

Way cool. That is a step up from my first cutter

https://www.semperparatus.com/images...o_jan1967..jpg

"Charley" (weather station) in Nov Dec 65 was fun ;-)
What is he planning on doing? I went to school before I went to sea.

Things have changed in the Coast Guard. You now qualify for schools
before signing up but you have to spend about a year at a duty station
after boot camp before attending the schools. He will be going to an
electrical type school (forget which one exactly) but I think it is
similar to the Navy's "EM" or "electrician's mate" school. Whoops. I
guess it must now be "electrician's person" school.

When I was there it WAS a navy school. I was an FT or FTG in navy
terms (guns). (Bainbridge NTC) The CG did not have missiles. That
cutter does have a 5"54 automated mount. We had the old WWII era 5"38.
(Hydraulic) manual loading.

RGrew176 November 19th 16 03:40 AM

Congratulations on your Grandsons career choice.

Mr. Luddite November 19th 16 01:03 PM

Ping: Greg

On 11/18/2016 10:40 PM, RGrew176 wrote:

Congratulations on your Grandsons career choice.

Don't know if it will be a career, but he was brought up (like many of
us) that at some point in your life it is an honorable thing to do to
do something to serve your country. Old school philosophy that I am
pleased was passed on to my kids and now to their kids. Four years is
a very short period of time and the experience and maturity gained is
well worth it, especially for a 19 year old. Sure beats sitting around
on some high school or college campus participating in a "cry-in"
because your liberal teachers or professors encouraged you to do so
after their political candidate got whooped.

Boating All Out November 19th 16 01:11 PM

Ping: Greg

In article ,
says...

On 11/18/2016 10:40 PM, RGrew176 wrote:

Congratulations on your Grandsons career choice.

Don't know if it will be a career, but he was brought up (like many of
us) that at some point in your life it is an honorable thing to do to
do something to serve your country. Old school philosophy that I am
pleased was passed on to my kids and now to their kids. Four years is
a very short period of time and the experience and maturity gained is
well worth it, especially for a 19 year old. Sure beats sitting around
on some high school or college campus participating in a "cry-in"
because your liberal teachers or professors encouraged you to do so
after their political candidate got whooped.

Some local election?

Tim November 19th 16 02:44 PM

Ping: Greg

On Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 7:03:40 AM UTC-6, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/18/2016 10:40 PM, RGrew176 wrote:

Congratulations on your Grandsons career choice.

Don't know if it will be a career, but he was brought up (like many of
us) that at some point in your life it is an honorable thing to do to
do something to serve your country. Old school philosophy that I am
pleased was passed on to my kids and now to their kids. Four years is
a very short period of time and the experience and maturity gained is
well worth it, especially for a 19 year old. Sure beats sitting around
on some high school or college campus participating in a "cry-in"
because your liberal teachers or professors encouraged you to do so
after their political candidate got whooped.

Thats what i felt as well as several cousins nephews and even two great-nephews.

[email protected] November 19th 16 03:52 PM

Ping: Greg

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 07:11:24 -0600, Boating All Out
wrote:

Sure beats sitting around
on some high school or college campus participating in a "cry-in"
because your liberal teachers or professors encouraged you to do so
after their political candidate got whooped.

Some local election?

Still in denial? ... or are you one of those people holding out for 30
faithless electors?

Boating All Out November 19th 16 04:20 PM

Ping: Greg

In article ,
says...

wrote:

Sure beats sitting around
on some high school or college campus participating in a "cry-in"
because your liberal teachers or professors encouraged you to do so
after their political candidate got whooped.

Some local election?

Still in denial? ... or are you one of those people holding out for 30
faithless electors?

Nope. But I don't consider it a "whooping," since the "whoopee" got over
1 1/2 million more votes than the "whooper."

[email protected] November 19th 16 05:20 PM

Ping: Greg

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 10:20:36 -0600, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

Sure beats sitting around
on some high school or college campus participating in a "cry-in"
because your liberal teachers or professors encouraged you to do so
after their political candidate got whooped.

Some local election?

Still in denial? ... or are you one of those people holding out for 30
faithless electors?

Nope. But I don't consider it a "whooping," since the "whoopee" got over
1 1/2 million more votes than the "whooper."

Too bad that is not how it works huh?
If you look at the election map by county you see a sea of red,
punctuated by little drops of blue in places dominated by the elites
and welfare cheats.

Boating All Out November 19th 16 05:38 PM

Ping: Greg

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 10:20:36 -0600, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

Sure beats sitting around
on some high school or college campus participating in a "cry-in"
because your liberal teachers or professors encouraged you to do so
after their political candidate got whooped.

Some local election?

Still in denial? ... or are you one of those people holding out for 30
faithless electors?

Nope. But I don't consider it a "whooping," since the "whoopee" got over
1 1/2 million more votes than the "whooper."

Too bad that is not how it works huh?
If you look at the election map by county you see a sea of red,
punctuated by little drops of blue in places dominated by the elites
and welfare cheats.

Right. One and a half million voters plus half the voters in the country
are elites and welfare cheats. That's a real smart argument.

Keyser Söze November 19th 16 05:57 PM

Ping: Greg

wrote:
On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 10:20:36 -0600, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

Sure beats sitting around
on some high school or college campus participating in a "cry-in"
because your liberal teachers or professors encouraged you to do so
after their political candidate got whooped.

Some local election?

Still in denial? ... or are you one of those people holding out for 30
faithless electors?

Nope. But I don't consider it a "whooping," since the "whoopee" got over
1 1/2 million more votes than the "whooper."

Too bad that is not how it works huh?
If you look at the election map by county you see a sea of red,
punctuated by little drops of blue in places dominated by the elites
and welfare cheats.

Wow...you really are a Trumpite.

--
Posted with my iPhone 7+.

[email protected] November 19th 16 06:30 PM

Ping: Greg

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 12:57:44 -0500, Keyser Söze

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 10:20:36 -0600, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

Sure beats sitting around
on some high school or college campus participating in a "cry-in"
because your liberal teachers or professors encouraged you to do so
after their political candidate got whooped.

Some local election?

Still in denial? ... or are you one of those people holding out for 30
faithless electors?

Nope. But I don't consider it a "whooping," since the "whoopee" got over
1 1/2 million more votes than the "whooper."

Too bad that is not how it works huh?
If you look at the election map by county you see a sea of red,
punctuated by little drops of blue in places dominated by the elites
and welfare cheats.

Wow...you really are a Trumpite.

No I still like Gary. I bet he doesn't look all that bad to you right
now. At least he is a nice guy and every bit as prepared to be POTUS
as Trump. (or Carter for that matter)
I am seeing talking heads making that comparison when they talk about
the transition and getting Trump up to speed. Bear in mind Carter's
only experience was running a state that he took over from a racist
chicken stand owner who ended up with a better favorability rating
than Carter in their last year.

Justan olphart November 19th 16 06:36 PM

Ping: Greg

On 11/19/2016 11:20 AM, Boating All Out wrote:
In article ,
says...

wrote:

Sure beats sitting around
on some high school or college campus participating in a "cry-in"
because your liberal teachers or professors encouraged you to do so
after their political candidate got whooped.

Some local election?

Still in denial? ... or are you one of those people holding out for 30
faithless electors?

Nope. But I don't consider it a "whooping," since the "whoopee" got over
1 1/2 million more votes than the "whooper."

Are you denying that she got whooped big time fair and square according
to the rules?
Send lots of money to her foundation, if you can afford it. She'll put
it to good use.

Mr. Luddite November 19th 16 08:33 PM

Ping: Greg

wrote:

Sure beats sitting around
on some high school or college campus participating in a "cry-in"
because your liberal teachers or professors encouraged you to do so
after their political candidate got whooped.

Some local election?

Still in denial? ... or are you one of those people holding out for 30
faithless electors?

Nope. But I don't consider it a "whooping," since the "whoopee" got over
1 1/2 million more votes than the "whooper."

Right. Subtract the liberal California votes and those of liberal New
York City and guess who won the popular vote as well?

[email protected] November 19th 16 11:47 PM

Ping: Greg

wrote:

Sure beats sitting around
on some high school or college campus participating in a "cry-in"
because your liberal teachers or professors encouraged you to do so
after their political candidate got whooped.

Some local election?

Still in denial? ... or are you one of those people holding out for 30
faithless electors?

Nope. But I don't consider it a "whooping," since the "whoopee" got over
1 1/2 million more votes than the "whooper."

Right. Subtract the liberal California votes and those of liberal New
York City and guess who won the popular vote as well?

Those little pockets of places with 80-90% margins don't do much in
the EC

Keyser Soze November 19th 16 11:56 PM

Ping: Greg

wrote:

Sure beats sitting around
on some high school or college campus participating in a "cry-in"
because your liberal teachers or professors encouraged you to do so
after their political candidate got whooped.

Some local election?

Still in denial? ... or are you one of those people holding out for 30
faithless electors?

Nope. But I don't consider it a "whooping," since the "whoopee" got over
1 1/2 million more votes than the "whooper."

Right. Subtract the liberal California votes and those of liberal New
York City and guess who won the popular vote as well?

You johnny-come-lately trump pimps give me the giggles.

[email protected] November 20th 16 12:51 AM

Ping: Greg

wrote:

Sure beats sitting around
on some high school or college campus participating in a "cry-in"
because your liberal teachers or professors encouraged you to do so
after their political candidate got whooped.

Some local election?

Still in denial? ... or are you one of those people holding out for 30
faithless electors?

Nope. But I don't consider it a "whooping," since the "whoopee" got over
1 1/2 million more votes than the "whooper."

Right. Subtract the liberal California votes and those of liberal New
York City and guess who won the popular vote as well?

You johnny-come-lately trump pimps give me the giggles.

I am just dealing with the facts. I understand facts are a foreign
concept to in your fantasy/fiction/satire centered world.
The facts are the establisment elite was voted out by the forgotten
working class and that included far more people of color than you want
to admit. Trump even did better with women than you thought.
In fact your assumptions about the election were pretty much 100%
wrong. I suppose you listened too much to the liberal media who
decided this election last May.
I still think Gary was a better choice and not nearly as scary as
Trump.
Maybe Trump will make him the drug czar.

Mr. Luddite November 20th 16 05:30 AM

Ping: Greg

wrote:

Sure beats sitting around
on some high school or college campus participating in a "cry-in"
because your liberal teachers or professors encouraged you to do so
after their political candidate got whooped.

Some local election?

Still in denial? ... or are you one of those people holding out for 30
faithless electors?

Nope. But I don't consider it a "whooping," since the "whoopee" got
over
1 1/2 million more votes than the "whooper."

Right. Subtract the liberal California votes and those of liberal New
York City and guess who won the popular vote as well?

You johnny-come-lately trump pimps give me the giggles.

I just get a kick out of the lock step justifications and excuses given
by liberal progressives for the election results. You all sing exactly
the same hymn without exception. It wasn't just Hillary who lost. The
whole Democratic party is in disarray and in panic mode.

Its Me November 20th 16 01:43 PM

Ping: Greg

wrote:

[...]

And to think, just weeks ago the liberal party line was that the Republican party would fall apart after this election. They are truly out of touch with the country.

Keyser Soze November 20th 16 02:00 PM

Ping: Greg

wrote:

[...]

I have to admit, the GOP was very successful in rounding up its base of
racists, sexists, anti-gays, xenophobes, anti-environmentalists,
anti-science types, crazy religious zealots, et cetera. Of course, this
means the country will fall apart. Hopefully, I'll be around long enough
to see the Trump-GOP caused destruction get off to a good start. :)

Its Me November 20th 16 03:18 PM

Ping: Greg

wrote:

[...]

And that thinking is just one reason the Dems lost. Big time. :)

Keyser Soze November 20th 16 04:00 PM

Ping: Greg

wrote:

[...]

Thank you for your opinion, Untersturmführer Jackoff

[email protected] November 20th 16 04:03 PM

Ping: Greg

On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 09:00:20 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

I have to admit, the GOP was very successful in rounding up its base of
racists, sexists, anti-gays, xenophobes, anti-environmentalists,
anti-science types, crazy religious zealots, et cetera. Of course, this
means the country will fall apart. Hopefully, I'll be around long enough
to see the Trump-GOP caused destruction get off to a good start. :)

When you describe half of the country like that you get the kind of
result we just saw. More significant than the white house is the
number of state legislatures that were flipped by people who felt
disaffected by that kind of rhetoric.
If you think there are not people who simply want to get away from the
same old **** from Washington, you need to get out of DC more.

justan November 20th 16 04:21 PM

Ping: Greg

Boating All Out Wrote in message:
In article ,
says...

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 10:20:36 -0600, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

Sure beats sitting around
on some high school or college campus participating in a "cry-in"
because your liberal teachers or professors encouraged you to do so
after their political candidate got whooped.

Some local election?

Still in denial? ... or are you one of those people holding out for 30
faithless electors?

Nope. But I don't consider it a "whooping," since the "whoopee" got over
1 1/2 million more votes than the "whooper."

Too bad that is not how it works huh?
If you look at the election map by county you see a sea of red,
punctuated by little drops of blue in places dominated by the elites
and welfare cheats.

Right. One and a half million voters plus half the voters in the country
are elites and welfare cheats. That's a real smart argument.

You might be underestimating a bit. There's a lot of folks out
there with their hand out. Take Harry and Donnie for
example.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

justan November 20th 16 04:23 PM

Ping: Greg

wrote:

Sure beats sitting around
on some high school or college campus participating in a "cry-in"
because your liberal teachers or professors encouraged you to do so
after their political candidate got whooped.

Some local election?

Still in denial? ... or are you one of those people holding out for 30
faithless electors?

Nope. But I don't consider it a "whooping," since the "whoopee" got over
1 1/2 million more votes than the "whooper."

Right. Subtract the liberal California votes and those of liberal New
York City and guess who won the popular vote as well?

You johnny-come-lately trump pimps give me the giggles.

Giggle away. America won. Yeah.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Mr. Luddite November 20th 16 04:55 PM

Ping: Greg

wrote:

I have to admit, the GOP was very successful in rounding up its base of
racists, sexists, anti-gays, xenophobes, anti-environmentalists,
anti-science types, crazy religious zealots, et cetera. Of course, this
means the country will fall apart. Hopefully, I'll be around long enough
to see the Trump-GOP caused destruction get off to a good start. :)

When you describe half of the country like that you get the kind of
result we just saw. More significant than the white house is the
number of state legislatures that were flipped by people who felt
disaffected by that kind of rhetoric.
If you think there are not people who simply want to get away from the
same old **** from Washington, you need to get out of DC more.

All you have to do to preview what Harry will post here is watch any of
the liberal pundits on any of the networks. An hour later Harry will
post the comments here. Well, that is if he isn't joining them in a cry
room somewhere.

Its Me November 20th 16 05:20 PM

Ping: Greg

wrote:

[...]

Obviously learning from your mistakes weren't a part of your particular liberal arts education.

Keyser Soze November 20th 16 05:26 PM

Ping: Greg

wrote:

[...]

Oh, I think it important to call out the incoming Fourth Reich.

Tim November 20th 16 05:37 PM

Ping: Greg

8:00 AMKeyser Soze
I have to admit, the GOP was very successful in rounding up its base of
racists, sexists, anti-gays, xenophobes, anti-environmentalists,
anti-science types, crazy religious zealots, et cetera. Of course, this
means the country will fall apart. Hopefully, I'll be around long enough
to see the Trump-GOP caused destruction get off to a good start. :)

Well Harry, you also said you liked the thought of "being around" when mrs. Clinton "drives the nail in the GOPs coffin once and for all"

How'd that pan out?

True North[_2_] November 20th 16 06:01 PM

Ping: Greg

On Sunday, 20 November 2016 12:21:56 UTC-4, justan wrote:
Boating All Out Wrote in message:
In article ,
says...

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 10:20:36 -0600, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Sorry Justine...I pay for whatever benefits I get and much more.

Keyser Soze November 20th 16 06:05 PM

Ping: Greg

On 11/20/16 1:01 PM, True North wrote:
On Sunday, 20 November 2016 12:21:56 UTC-4, justan wrote:
Boating All Out Wrote in message:
In article ,
says...

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 10:20:36 -0600, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Was Justine in the navy long enough to hold his hand out for a military
pension?

Keyser Soze November 20th 16 06:13 PM

Ping: Greg

wrote:

[...]

I rarely watch "the pundits," nor am I crying. I am looking forward to
the destruction of this country by Trump and Gang, and imposition of his
Fourth Reich. A high percentage of Trump supports are going to be hurt
mightily by what he does or tries to do, and in the end what he will do
is hasten the armed insurrection. I'm old, my kids and grandkids are
settled, so I'll be able to sit back and watch the Trump horrors unfold.

[email protected] November 20th 16 06:16 PM

Ping: Greg

On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 09:37:46 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

8:00 AMKeyser Soze
I have to admit, the GOP was very successful in rounding up its base of
racists, sexists, anti-gays, xenophobes, anti-environmentalists,
anti-science types, crazy religious zealots, et cetera. Of course, this
means the country will fall apart. Hopefully, I'll be around long enough
to see the Trump-GOP caused destruction get off to a good start. :)

Well Harry, you also said you liked the thought of "being around" when mrs. Clinton "drives the nail in the GOPs coffin once and for all"

How'd that pan out?

The nail bent and they hit their thumb.

Califbill November 20th 16 06:31 PM

Ping: Greg

wrote:

I have to admit, the GOP was very successful in rounding up its base of
racists, sexists, anti-gays, xenophobes, anti-environmentalists,
anti-science types, crazy religious zealots, et cetera. Of course, this
means the country will fall apart. Hopefully, I'll be around long enough
to see the Trump-GOP caused destruction get off to a good start. :)

When you describe half of the country like that you get the kind of
result we just saw. More significant than the white house is the
number of state legislatures that were flipped by people who felt
disaffected by that kind of rhetoric.
If you think there are not people who simply want to get away from the
same old **** from Washington, you need to get out of DC more.

Now they want 10% of the land area to pick the POTUS. How about changing
the EC to the one who gets the most land mass voting for them.

Califbill November 20th 16 06:31 PM

Ping: Greg

True North wrote:
On Sunday, 20 November 2016 12:21:56 UTC-4, justan wrote:
Boating All Out Wrote in message:
In article ,
says...

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 10:20:36 -0600, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

You mean the Crown Corporation does not cover any health insurance?
Supplemental? All Canadians pay for health care. Some more than others.
All pay with a near buck a liter tax on gasoline. And those who pay income
tax, at,least 50%. Plus what's the VAT tax in your province?

justan November 20th 16 06:33 PM

Ping: Greg

Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 11/20/16 1:01 PM, True North wrote:
On Sunday, 20 November 2016 12:21:56 UTC-4, justan wrote:
Boating All Out Wrote in message:
In article ,
says...

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 10:20:36 -0600, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

For someone who's had his hand out all your life, you have a lot
of nerve critisizing someone who has worked for benefits.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/