Default Interesting slant on gun ownership

On Mon, 8 Aug 2016 10:20:03 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On Monday, August 8, 2016 at 12:06:27 PM UTC-5, Poquito Loco wrote:
On Mon, 8 Aug 2016 09:57:45 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

The John flushes his bowl...

On Mon, 8 Aug 2016 06:15:37 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Y'all are a trip, Johnny.
It's one thing to prowl around the woods blasting Bambi, Thumper or even squirrels but quite another to have some well armed army shooting back at y'all.

"Been there, done that.

Have you?

Look at the damage a few poorly armed Afghans did to the Soviets. Or what some poorly armed ISIS are
doing around the world.

Get your head out of your ass."

Hey JohnnyMop...y'all told us right here in this group that you commanded an artillery unit 20 miles from any danger...unless you call doubles at the Officer's Mess as dangerous.

Bull****. I never commanded an artillery unit and never said I did. As an officer I was a Combat
Engineer.

Get your head out of your ass.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTgwWDgzMQ==/z/tp0AAOSwrx5UXN8m/$_35.JPG

Our motto was "First In, Last Out", for the 65th Engineer Bn, 25th Inf. Div.

On Mon, 8 Aug 2016 10:27:59 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote:

On Monday, August 8, 2016 at 1:06:27 PM UTC-4, Poquito Loco wrote:
[...]

Since few artillery guns have that kind of range, that wouldn't make much sense anyway. Besides, if you're in range to reach out and touch someone with arty, that means you can be touched as well. You're definitely not out of harm's way.

Don doesn't know much about the military. Spent a lot of time learning about sweeping though.

On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 17:47:23 -0400, Poquito Loco
wrote:

On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 16:41:46 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 8 Aug 2016 14:16:41 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 8/8/16 10:39 AM,
wrote:

I am right in the middle of that culture here in northern Michigan.
Lots of hunters here

Might be "sporting" if the deer could be trained and armed to shoot back...

I don't really have a dog in this fight. I don't hunt. We walked about
5 miles today in the Manistee national forest but we didn't see anyone
shooting or really anything to shoot at. Yesterday we were near
Cadillac in a game preserve near Mitchell SP and the red squirrels
were pretty thick. I doubt the seasons are open here yet. They do
have hunter classes running in a lot of places.

Most of us don't hunt. But, I don't think those who do are 'bad' people for doing so. That's where
the dog in the fight comes in.

It's typical Krause, denigrating those who participate in an activity he doesn't enjoy.

I agree. I looked in on a couple of these classes and these are not
the Yahoos Harry would make them out to be and just finding a deer
that will let you get close enough to shoot them here is going to be
hard work.
This is not the petting zoo we have around our cities. It is rough
terrain and spooked animals. The "hiking trail" we were on was pretty
much wild woods.

Shared ownership Chuck Cox Cruising 4 October 26th 07 06:58 PM
Considering partial ownership of my boat.... map Cruising 0 September 1st 06 09:39 PM
Ownership for all... Harry Krause General 10 August 23rd 04 09:55 PM
Ownership Question/Survey Sean Sullivan NYC General 4 December 18th 03 06:04 AM
Expected costs of ownership? BooBoo12321 General 6 August 25th 03 06:24 PM