BooBoo12321

Default Expected costs of ownership?

Can anyone give me an idea of expected costs of ownership of a 19-22ft
Bowrider..
In my area, it is $2000/summer to dock the boat ($100/ft)
What does insurance cost?
What does registration cost?

Keith

Take your note payment, assuming you do "standard" financing, and triple it.
1/3 for the note, 1/3 for insurance, dockage, fuel and scheduled
maintenance, and another 1/3 for unscheduled maintenance.

--

Keith
__
"BooBoo12321" wrote in message
.net...
Can anyone give me an idea of expected costs of ownership of a 19-22ft
Bowrider..
In my area, it is $2000/summer to dock the boat ($100/ft)
What does insurance cost?
What does registration cost?

Doug Meredith

"BooBoo12321" wrote in message
.net...
Interesting ratio.....But we would be buying a $6-10k boat in cash....
So, can you estimate a more concrete number?

Insurance depends on where you live. Florida will be a bunch more than
NJ. Either will not be that much for the boat you are buying. Say
$3-500 a year.

Gas depends on how much you use the boat, and again where you live.
Also depends on how hard you run the boat, and the engine in it. Say
maybe an average of 5 gallons per hour or less

Registration varies by state.

parts and labor for service work, assumming no breaks should be a few
hundred dollars a year.

Curtis CCR

"BooBoo12321" wrote in message v.net...
Interesting ratio.....But we would be buying a $6-10k boat in cash....
So, can you estimate a more concrete number?

Were will you be boating? Insurance costs and taxes will vary widely.
Some states don't tax boats. You'll pay 1% of the assesed value in
property taxes every year in California (not much on a $10k boat).
Fuel costs depend on how much you use it... 8-10 gallons an hour in a
19' boat??? Docking will vary... I have a 36' covered slip with
electricity for $210 a month (limits on "living aboard") But I can go
to other marinas in the same county and pay twice that.

$2,000 for summer dock space for a 19' boat?!?! Just depends on where
you are.

Take your note payment, assuming you do "standard" financing, and triple

it.
1/3 for the note, 1/3 for insurance, dockage, fuel and scheduled
maintenance, and another 1/3 for unscheduled maintenance.

CaptMP

Marina rent? My San Diego Bay Ca. 25 ft slip costs $275 mo. The other costs
are variable, but remember that BOAT means Bring On Another Thousand! And it's
ALWAYS something! This ain't a cheap hobby..................
Best wishes
Mike
Doug Kanter

Should we tell him about the cost of "other"? The unnecessary necessities?
The drink holders? The radio? The ladder? The comfortable PFDs to replace
the fat orange ones that nobody wants to wear? How about the fish/depth
finder? Or, $15-$20 every time a dashboard switch goes bad? Rod holders?
Extra sunglasses, because the ones you REALLY wanted to wear were
accidentally left on your dresser at home.

My boat's just 14' long, with no console or cabin. In 4 years, I've spent
over three million on accessories so far.