Default Supremes let "Assault Weapon" ban stand

On Thursday, 10 December 2015 20:08:27 UTC-4, Califbill wrote:
True North wrote:
Califbill
"I have eaten in Tim Hortons a few times when traveling Canada. *Good
coffee, and they are attached to gas stations sometimes. *W have gotten
lunch there. *Is a pretty nice place. *I do eat in Jack in the box at
times. *Is close to my boat storage. *They do a good grilled chicken
sandwich. *And I rarely eat French fries, so is a fairly healthy lunch."

They are everywhere up here...we're almost infested with them. Funny
thing is I don't really care for their coffee unless I'm having one of
their sandwiches or a doughnut.

Was he a great hockey player? Coffee is a personal taste thing. I think
Starbucks mostly tastes like a burned bean brew.

He was a big star...if you were a Toronto Maple Leaf fan.
Montreal Canadiens were always my team.

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 16:08:26 -0800, Califbill billnews wrote:

Was he a great hockey player? Coffee is a personal taste thing. I think
Starbucks mostly tastes like a burned bean brew.

I really liked the old 7-11 coffee in the paper cup but it may have
just been a taste from the cup ;-)
It wasn't the same when they went to foam cups.

wrote:
On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 16:08:26 -0800, Califbill billnews wrote:

Was he a great hockey player? Coffee is a personal taste thing. I think
Starbucks mostly tastes like a burned bean brew.

I really liked the old 7-11 coffee in the paper cup but it may have
just been a taste from the cup ;-)
It wasn't the same when they went to foam cups.

Best coffee I ever drank was a Circle K shop near here. Coffee was always
fantastic in the morning. I think they used good beans, and the machine
had perfect water temperature. Was consistently great.

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 21:49:14 -0800, Califbill billnews wrote:

wrote:
On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 16:08:26 -0800, Califbill billnews wrote:

Was he a great hockey player? Coffee is a personal taste thing. I think
Starbucks mostly tastes like a burned bean brew.

I really liked the old 7-11 coffee in the paper cup but it may have
just been a taste from the cup ;-)
It wasn't the same when they went to foam cups.

Best coffee I ever drank was a Circle K shop near here. Coffee was always
fantastic in the morning. I think they used good beans, and the machine
had perfect water temperature. Was consistently great.

By far the best coffee I ever had was at the Myrtle Bank Hotel in
Kingston Jamaica (1968). A close second is the Ritz in Naples Fla.
Same sort of taste and I have not had anything like it anywhere else.
Not a clue what they do. It is strong and rich without being burnt
tasting like Seattle coffee but "mellow" without a hint of sharpness.
It is a primo cup of joe.
I thought it was just a memory that I was embellishing for 40 years
until I had some at the Ritz.
Tim Tim is offline

Somebody described Starbucks ass tasting like burnt water. I'd agree. Expensive burnt water at that.

McDonalds isn't bad though..

On 12/11/15 6:56 AM, Tim wrote:
Somebody described Starbucks ass tasting like burnt water. I'd agree. Expensive burnt water at that.

McDonalds isn't bad though..

I don't know what it is with Starbucks. I've tried it a few times over
the years and it always seems to taste too strong for me...and sometimes
burnt.

I do like WaWa coffee, though. They sell gallons and gallons of it
during the day, so it is always fresh-brewed and hot, and a lot less
expensive than $tarbuck$.

As Tim says, McDonald's has decent coffee...can't say the same for the
food there, though.

Tim
" Somebody described Starbucks ass tasting like burnt water. I'd agree. Expensive burnt water at that.

McDonalds isn't bad though.. "

I agree about McDonalds.....for the few times I had coffee there.
Seems most up here have bought into the Tim Horton advertising....I'm more of an odd ball...one of the few who'd rather drink coffee elsewhere.
The guy who partnered with Tim Horton way back in the '60s or '70s wasca Nova Scotia working as a police officer in Hamilton,tonight. He has/ had a Hugh sailboat and a sport fisher type of motorboat one summer he docked the sportfisher at the RNSYS where we sailed from.

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 16:30:24 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 15:25:42 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 12/10/15 3:21 PM, John H. wrote:
On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 15:02:16 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 12/10/15 12:30 PM, John H. wrote:
On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 09:11:43 -0500, Justan Olphart wrote:

On 12/10/2015 8:00 AM, True North wrote:
The John flushes....

You'll note he still hasn't answered the question eating meat, shoes, and gloves.

Wonder why?"

Why the rancor, Johnny?
It's Christmas season, don't y'all know?

Not if Harry can help it. Try and send a little Christmas spirit his way
and see what happens. :-)

Is there something rancorous about the question, "Do you eat meat, wear leather
shoes, or leather gloves?"

Maybe Don doesn't know what 'rancor' means....?
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

Why the sense of entitlement?

??
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

You act as if you are *entitled* to get your questions or those
questions of your buddies answered. You often repeat these questions
many times and push for answers, sometimes a dozen times or more. My
conclusion is that you somehow feel as if you are entitled to answers.

You aren't.

Don't need answers to make the point, which was done a dozen times or more!

:)
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

The point is that some aren't playing your games.

Of course not. It's hard to get out of the corners you and Don back yourself in to.

Brash (and that's being charitable) statements, get called on them, and shut up.
Works for me.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

On Fri, 11 Dec 2015 03:56:14 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

Somebody described Starbucks ass tasting like burnt water. I'd agree. Expensive burnt water at that.

McDonalds isn't bad though..

They switched brands or something a few years back, and the new (?) stuff is much
better. The old stuff was atrocious.

Their sausage biscuit is the only thing on their menu worth buying, as far as I'm
concerned.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

On 12/11/2015 6:56 AM, Tim wrote:
Somebody described Starbucks ass tasting like burnt water. I'd agree. Expensive burnt water at that.

McDonalds isn't bad though..

Around here it's Dunkin' Donuts and MaryLou's.

I agree about Starbucks. Way too acidic also.