Keyser Söze Keyser Söze is offline

Default Supremes let "Assault Weapon" ban stand

The U.S. Supreme Court steered clear of a politically charged fight over
gun rights, turning away a challenge to a law banning semi-automatic
assault weapons and large-capacity magazines in a Chicago suburb. The
vote was 7-2 to not hear the case.

The justices left intact a federal appeals court decision that said the
Highland Park, Illinois, restrictions don’t infringe on the
constitutional right to bear arms. The appeals court said residents have
plenty of legal self-defense options, including handguns and other types
of long guns.

- - -

I think I mentioned here I sold my "Assault Weapon," my Colt AR 15, some
months ago. It was a fine rifle, but the more I thought about what it
was, the more it troubled me to own it. I replaced it with a more
traditional-looking rifle that handles the same round, and I actually
prefer using it with small magazines.