Default Is Paris/Isis Over?

wrote:
On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 05:54:22 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

Ditzy Dan Kruger blathers..

"People should be paid based on their performance, not as a group. Unions
remove any incentive for an individual to work harder since their salary
is not connected to their personal dedication or hard work."

Bull**** Ditzy. I worked in a union environment and the negotiated rates were considered a minimum.
There was nothing to stop management from giving a bonus to people who stood out over and above the norm. They could also be promoted as the seniority clause only affected the very lowest groups.

Maybe Canadian unions are different. In the US, union wages are pretty
much based on seniority and that is particularly true in government
unions like teachers although there is a bump for degrees, no matter
what they are in.. They buy what they sell. If a 4th grade teacher
gets a masters degree in astrophysics, they will automatically make
more money, even though it does nothing to make them a better 4th
grade teacher. If they have been in the business for 20 years they
make more than a 25 year old teacher who may be the best teacher in
the whole school system. There is no "merit pay" in most school
systems and the teacher's union fights it every time it is proposed.

The flip side of that is the worst teacher in the system can't be
fired unless they are using drugs at school or ****ing one of the kids
and even then the union will fight for them. In some places, the union
will win.

You would think Harry would have clarified that for him as the expert on
labor unions in the US.

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/27/2015 6:55 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/27/15 5:38 PM, John H. wrote:
On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 22:44:25 -0500, Justan Olphart
wrote:

On 11/26/2015 9:40 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/26/15 9:03 PM, John H. wrote:
On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 10:12:37 -0500, Justan Olphart

wrote:

On 11/26/2015 10:00 AM, John H. wrote:
On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:33:11 -0500, Justan Olphart
wrote:

On 11/25/2015 10:25 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/25/15 10:15 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/25/2015 10:13 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/25/15 10:10 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/25/2015 10:03 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/25/15 7:41 AM, John H. wrote:
On Tue, 24 Nov 2015 18:08:32 -0600, Boating All Out
wrote:

Will coverage of cop the killing a teen in Chicago be
another 24/7 story?
Can they manage two 24/7 stories?
We'll see.

The video definitely makes the cop appear in the wrong.
But,
a first
degree murder
charge has been filed. What more do the marchers want. Is
this an
excuse to begin
looting and burning in Chicago?
--

You probably didn't understand the civil rights
demonstrations

Point to ponder:

In the 400 days since this cop committed this obvious
murder, 396
blacks
were shot and killed by another black in the Chicago area.

Do they not understand the civil rights demonstrations and
marches of
the 1960s or that Black Lives Matter either?

You don't "get it," either, eh?

Yes Harry, I "get it". Probably better than you do.

I don't think so. The 1960's demonstrations/marches were mostly
against
institutional racism and violence. The Chicago demonstration,
such
as it
was, was also against institutional racism and violence. Police
murder
of blacks seems to be endemic these days. Institutional
violence.

We have, what, 30,000+ "deaths by gun" and mostly involving
non-police
individuals in this country each year. Peculiarly 'Merican, eh?

How many by suicide?
How many black on black?
How many while a crime was being committed?
How many with drug involvement?
How many accidental?
How many by illegal immigrants?

If you have a point to make, make it.
Otherwise admit that you are just parroting a statistic without
having a
clue as to what it implies.
Am I right, O' clueless one?

That one's probably way too hard for Krause to answer.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

He's afraid of what I might say in response to his answer. The
questions
asked are easily answered with a little digging.

When he's obviously put in a corner, he keeps his mouth shut.
Most of
the time he
doesn't realize he was in a corner, opens his mouth, and looks even
more stupid.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

Apparently you right wing trashmeisters can't read. I've often
stated I
don't read FlaJim's posts firsthand and I usually ignore them when
they
get reposted, and I usually don't respond when another right wing
trashmeister like you tries, and tries, and tries, et cetera.

I really find that hard to believe, Harry.

Only 'cause it's unbelievable.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

99.9% of FlaJim's comments here are totally devoid of content, which is
one reason of many not to bother with them.

Just the other day you said you only saw a miniscule number of his
posts and only when they are quoted by others. Now you say that 99.9%
of his posts are totally devoid of content.

How do you know that if you only see a small fraction of them?

He's a liar. That's a proven fact. He's a tax cheat - fact #2 that
should also prevent him from having an opinion about how OUR tax dollars
are spent.

wrote:

[...]

I'm extrapolating from the few I see and I'm recalling some of what he
posted in the past.

Bull****.

On 11/27/2015 7:32 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/27/2015 7:19 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/27/15 7:08 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/27/2015 6:52 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/27/15 3:53 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/27/2015 3:24 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 13:33:19 -0500, Keyser Söze

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 12:56:26 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 11/27/15 12:42 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 12:02:23 -0500, John H.

wrote:

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 18:38:18 -0500,
wrote:

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 17:23:43 -0500,

wrote:

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 16:12:53 -0500, Keyser Söze

wrote:

The teachers
were not looking for anything massive, but the law said there
had to be
good faith negotiations...and the strikes helped make that
happen.

===

Unions willing to break the law are guilty of extortion.
Teachers
work hard for their money but salaries, and paticularly
benefits, have
gotten out of line with private industry. This will cause a
major
crisis at some point and force many local school districts
into
bankruptcy.

I am not even upset at teacher salaries and benefits. What
****es me
off is they can't get rid of bad teachers, pay is not tied to
performance and the administration siphons 60% of the money
away
before it ever trickles down to the actual classroom.

Sounds like you've been there and done that. You are correct.

A few years ago I did go through the school board budget, pretty
much
line for line and developed a summary of where the money was
going.
Then I compared that to a few other places.
The striking thing was how much of the money is going to things
that
are not really education related.
In defense of the teachers themselves, I would say, they will not
make
any real money in the classroom compared to what they can make if
they
move downtown to the administration office.
Now you end up with a teacher who we may have been better off
keeping
in the classroom, being a mediocre administrator but that is how
the
career path is structured. You can't get a serious administrative
job
without being a teacher.

It is an entirely different skill set.

Charter schools are starting to demonstrate the flaws in the
way we
run school systems, even though they are running with ankle
weights.

Good grief. You went through a local school board budget and
proclaimed
yourself an expert.

Hehehe.

It is simple math and math is a pure science.

...but you know that.

It is a simple fact that you can put a kid in the best secular
private
school in Lee County for what the school board is spending on them.

That you can do simple math doesn't mean you understand a school
budget,
but of course you are the world's greatest living expert.

It is not hard to understand when they break out where the money is
being spent. I am sorry that you underestimate the abilities of
people
you disagree with but that does not make them wrong.

Harry cracks me up. When the subject is global warming or
creationism,
math, science and statistics reign but when it comes to a social issue
dear to his heart, math, science and statistics go out the window and
the insults start.

You are absolutely correct. Two of our kids went to public high
schools, the third went to a highly rated private high school.

I just looked up the current public school budget and the "cost per
pupil" for the long list of budgetary line items. Then I looked up
the
current tuition (inclusive of all student fees) for the private
school
our third kid graduated from.

The total "cost per pupil" is actually slightly higher in the public
school than the tuition for the private. The private has a
statistical
record of the highest percentage of graduates continuing on to college
and also has the higher average SAT scores.

It is a bit naive to compare cost per pupil between public and private
schools, since public schools in the main pay their staffs decently,
and
are also burdened with trying to correct most of the ills of society
dumped on kids with impoverished parents, have to provide programs for
intellectually and emotionally challenged kids, and don't have the
advantage of cherry picking their students. But, hey, it's just math,
right?

Good grief. You are hopeless.

Yeah, because I'm taking into account the pressures on public school
systems versus the relative lack of pressure on private schools.

Not what I was referring to or thinking.

Question: Do you *ever* have a positive thought or ever feel lucky and
privileged to live in the USA? I don't think I have ever known anyone
who is so negative ... about just about everything, except for maybe
your gun collection. Are you sure you are ok?

He should take his guns and go join up with ISIS. He certainly hasn't
done the USA any good. First thing they'd do is cut his tongue out.

On 11/27/2015 9:08 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:
The reality is that the Republican

You havent the foggiest idea what reality is.

Are you sure you are ok?

Its called "Gaslighting" Look it up, No cure.

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 21:08:33 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 11/27/15 8:52 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 19:14:03 -0500,

wrote:

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 18:53:37 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

Well, hell, they got rid of you as a teacher.

Because I retired? What a stupid comment.
--

Call it whatever you want.

===

Why did the NEA get rid of you? That seems like it should have been a
good gig for your talents.

He retired ;-)

The reality is that the Republican lobbyist the NEA affiliate had on
retainer in New York State sent my name and C.V. and a recommendation to
Jacob Javits, a Republican U.S. Senator who was looking for a new press
secretary, and the senator invited me down to D.C. for an interview. He
wasn't sure whether he was going to run for another term, and I was
reluctant to commit if he wasn't.

In those days, many Republican officeholders were decent people, and
progressive, and not crackpot conservatives. Javits was one of these
decent pols.

During the same trip to meet Javits, I had an interview with the then
biggest AAAA Ad and PR agency in DC, and that agency hired me as the
account exec on its labor union and political accounts, and two
commercial accounts. I took the job because I was weary of working for
the teachers union, and I had just completed two really significant
tasks: "roadie" PR manager for a woman running for NEA president elect
(successful) and merger of the NEA affiliate and the AFT affiliate in
New York State (successful).

So you say.

Some years later, I was retained by the NEA to produce a series of
political ads and brochures.

I did have a lot of fun working for the teachers' unions in New York
State. I had a professional staff of seven working for me, and we did
our jobs. After I left, my first assistant took a job as director of PR
for the teachers' union in Hawaii, which had to be a dream gig.

Wow. I am totally f'ing impressed. You are the man, Krause.

Is this story as truthfull as your Vietnam memory?
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

wrote:

[...]

How would you know, Mr. Bozo?