Calif Bill

Default Interesting boat ride......

Nope. Harry claims that BR is alcohol sodden, etc. Just tired of the ****
that Harry spews. Lots of it lies, or doctored news articles from
legitimate press sources.
Bill

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Harry the liar. Proveyour statements.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Backyard Renegade wrote:
Bought and paid for... Nice sales pitch, what did you get out of it?
Yeah, I know, the better your article, the more articles you get to
write. Stick to political shills here, and high fiving Harry and Jps,
leave the boating to those of us that are here for that.

Doesn't Renegade's post prove itself?

Renegade responds to an on-topic post with an insulting remark, suggests

that
the poster refrain from making any further on-topic posts, and then

insists
that he's "here for the boating."

Seems odd, but it's consistent with other threads posted today.

Gould 0738

but it
would be nice if you'd report the negatives as well as the positives.

Read it again, if you'd care to.
I mentioned a few things that I thought could be improved a little and observed
a few of the shortcomings of the design from an interior layout perspective.

The twin Yamaha 225s should have been
burning close to 45+ gph at WOT which is not a very cheery number for
most folks, but you were "too busy steering" to notice. Maybe.

Hey, I'm a 9 knot boater. I was busy steering. I accurately reported the
Flo-Scan reading at near WOT. Who gives a monkey dung how many GPH the boat
burns at WOT? How many "hours" is the typical user going to run at WOT?

Another example: "We accelerated to 25 knots, a very comfortable
"slow cruise" speed for the NZ29. The Flo-Scan fuel meters reported a
fuel consumption of 8.6 gallons per hour, per engine." Reporting fuel
consumption "per engine" borders on intellectual dishonesty when

No it doesn't. Did you have any difficulty comprehending the total fuel burn?
Nor would anybody else. Here's an interesting bit of information you might
appreciate:
At 25 knots, the Flo-Scan readout shows
8.6. I mentioned that the Flo-Scan meters reported 8.6 gph per engine because
only one engine shows on the Flo-Scan at a time. You have to flip a toggle
switch to select port or starboard and see the exact reading for that engine.

So in spite of your discomfort with the phrasing, 8.6 gph per engine is a very
accurate description of the Flo-Scan reading. People familiar with Flo-Scan
meters would have no difficulty understanding my meaning. You might have a
point: perhaps it would be well to mention that the meter only shows one engine
at a time.

Gould 0738

Nope. Harry claims that BR is alcohol sodden, etc. Just tired of the ****
that Harry spews. Lots of it lies, or doctored news articles from
legitimate press sources.
Bill

OK, I have to agree that there is no evidence that Backyard has been drinking.
Would you agree that something seems to have set him off, though? Guy hardly
says "boo" for weeks, and then implies I support homosexuality and pedophelia?

There are too many OT posts. Harry starts a bunch, as do others. Liberals as
well as conservatives I personally *start* one no more than a couple of times
per month, but there must be 10-12 of them flying through here on an average
day. Many of us participate once the thread is
started. "Many of us" would include me, and you too, Bill (to a lesser degree).

With the disappearance of Skipper and and handful of other conservatives, it
does seem like the liberal OT posts are outnumbering the others. Lately. Maybe
it's because the liberals are currently more outraged........just like the
conservatives were more outraged just 4 years ago. :-)

Calif Bill

****
[...]

It is not the OT posts or the number of OT posts, it is the crap he is
spewing. Doctored news articles, sick sexual references with no basis.
Lies. It is one thing to post sarcasm, but to constantly push out lies and
try to hide behind sarcasm is wrong. Maybe BR got fet up with Harry's crap?

Gould 0738

Chuck I wasn't going to say anything but now the subject of yet another
cheering not critically reviewed ad piece has been raised & accepting
you'll never confirm that this was the same boat originally supplied
with dangerous steering which did fail & yes you we OK but it was

Au contraire! Read the first two lines of the post again. I did confirm that
it was the same boat. (Your oversight is forgiven.)

Most of those "we saved some weight" spruikers are more interested in
saving the money that weight would have cost them & as for a balsa cored
"hull" below the waterline??? what since the 70s??

There's darn little hull below the waterline on a cat. And many manufacturers
still build cored hulls, on some very expensive vessels.

Apart from the under spec (read "we saved some money") steering that
failed in a magazine test it seems the general trend continues &
everything that should set your alarm bells ringing is put to you & you
then accept it, as a virtue??

There is more than one proper way to build a boat.

It's possible to do a quality job with a number of different techniques. I will
say this; the hull on this vessel is as *tight* as
anything its size category.

Gould 0738

Maybe BR got fet up with Harry's crap?

Possible.

(Although he took it out on a lot of other people if he did.)
K Smith

Backyard Renegade wrote:

Bought and paid for... Nice sales pitch, what did you get out of it?
Yeah, I know, the better your article, the more articles you get to
write. Stick to political shills here, and high fiving Harry and Jps,
leave the boating to those of us that are here for that.

Doesn't Renegade's post prove itself?

Renegade responds to an on-topic post with an insulting remark, suggests that
the poster refrain from making any further on-topic posts, and then insists
that he's "here for the boating."

Seems odd, but it's consistent with other threads posted today.

Chuck I wasn't going to say anything but now the subject of yet another
cheering not critically reviewed ad piece has been raised & accepting
you'll never confirm that this was the same boat originally supplied
with dangerous steering which did fail & yes you we OK but it was more
good luck that good management.

So I'm surprised you describe the hull construction as;

Cat Concepts elected to use knitted, rather than woven fiberglass cloth in the
hull and deck laminates. Woven cloth is considerably cheaper and considered the
industry "standard," but knitted fabrics are much stronger. The hull is balsa
cored, while the deck and superstructure are cored with foam. Vinylester resins
are employed in all hull laminations below the waterline to retard osmotic
blistering, and polyester resins used throughout the remainder of the boat.

This smacks of an all too light construction method better suited to
racing yachts (the spruik seems to want to make a virtue of that but
....geez louise given the "southern designers priors with yachts.) Racing
yachts can be light & strong but alas they can also be very short lived.

Most of those "we saved some weight" spruikers are more interested in
saving the money that weight would have cost them & as for a balsa cored
"hull" below the waterline??? what since the 70s??

Anyway I'm sure you ran this past some of your many knowledgeable boat
builders, although you probably had trouble understanding their answers,
given they were giggling so much.

Apart from the under spec (read "we saved some money") steering that
failed in a magazine test it seems the general trend continues &
everything that should set your alarm bells ringing is put to you & you
then accept it, as a virtue??

It may or may not interest you that some "southern" yacht designers
were running amok down here some years ago & some would say they were
responsible for deaths (not me mind you just "some") we had keels
falling off, lots of hull failures in yacht races etc etc & of course
nobody would own up to it being their fault, the designers blamed the
builders & visa versa . Eventually they had to change the rules so now
"any" design has to get an ABS (American Bureau of Shipping) certificate
on the hull design & scantlings or they're not allowed to even be in an
ocean race. Pretty much settled the argument that the designers they
were chasing light weight at the cost of a safe hull.

I don't know if you followed the america's cup this year?? but the
Swiss (of all people) won it, after the "southern" designed NZ boat all
but fell to bits. Some years agao an Aussie Americas' cup boat broke in
half outright!!

So be careful when the spruikers start on this crap about how clever
they are, they're usually doing a ficht, testing with consumer's money.

Harry Krause

Backyard Renegade wrote:
Bought and paid for... Nice sales pitch, what did you get out of it?
Yeah, I know, the better your article, the more articles you get to
write. Stick to political shills here, and high fiving Harry and Jps,
leave the boating to those of us that are here for that.

Doesn't Renegade's post prove itself?

Renegade responds to an on-topic post with an insulting remark, suggests

that
the poster refrain from making any further on-topic posts, and then

insists
that he's "here for the boating."

Seems odd, but it's consistent with other threads posted today.

Well, I was being polite. There has to be some excuse for Renegade's
mindless postings here...I figure booze is behind it.

Email sent to will never reach me.

Calif Bill

Backyard Renegade wrote:
Bought and paid for... Nice sales pitch, what did you get out of

it?
Yeah, I know, the better your article, the more articles you get

write. Stick to political shills here, and high fiving Harry and

Jps,
leave the boating to those of us that are here for that.

Doesn't Renegade's post prove itself?

Renegade responds to an on-topic post with an insulting remark,

suggests
that
the poster refrain from making any further on-topic posts, and then

insists
that he's "here for the boating."

Seems odd, but it's consistent with other threads posted today.

Well, I was being polite. There has to be some excuse for Renegade's
mindless postings here...I figure booze is behind it.

Email sent to will never reach me.

Ullico stock behind your Labsta boat?