Gould 0738

Default Interesting boat ride......

Chuck I wasn't going to say anything but now the subject of yet another
cheering not critically reviewed ad piece has been raised & accepting
you'll never confirm that this was the same boat originally supplied
with dangerous steering which did fail & yes you we OK but it was

Au contraire! Read the first two lines of the post again. I did confirm that
it was the same boat. (Your oversight is forgiven.)

Most of those "we saved some weight" spruikers are more interested in
saving the money that weight would have cost them & as for a balsa cored
"hull" below the waterline??? what since the 70s??

There's darn little hull below the waterline on a cat. And many manufacturers
still build cored hulls, on some very expensive vessels.

Apart from the under spec (read "we saved some money") steering that
failed in a magazine test it seems the general trend continues &
everything that should set your alarm bells ringing is put to you & you
then accept it, as a virtue??

There is more than one proper way to build a boat.

It's possible to do a quality job with a number of different techniques. I will
say this; the hull on this vessel is as *tight* as
anything its size category.