Default Hey Richard

On 12/4/2014 1:52 PM, Califbill wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" wrote:
On 12/4/2014 10:18 AM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Thu, 4 Dec 2014 05:44:47 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

Understood Richard. But now that you've described your starting
procedures I'd say you need a good battery.

I'd say he should invest in a tractor shed and a space heater. If the
shed was big enough, he could use it as a 'man cave' also - a safe
place to store and clean all his registered guns.

No need to build a tractor shed. The house has a large, heated garage
with 12'x12' doors that can house 3 cars if necessary. Mrs.E. doesn't
like to put cars (or tractors) in it though because it's a winter
playground area for the dogs. For a while it was her "office room",
piled high with her "stuff". Took a while but with the help of a 15 yard
dumpster we cleaned it all out last summer, so it's pretty much empty.

The horse barn also has an attached and heated two car garage but the
doors are smaller. (10'x10') The tractor will fit in it if I remove the
upper section of the "roll bar" that is on the tractor. Not a big deal to do.

My registered guns (which is all of them) are kept in a safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tFOew70Gd0

How about one of those booster battery kits? Keep it in the heated garage.

If I keep the tractor in the barn garage and set the temp to about 40
degrees, I won't need to boost or charge the battery. I think it's
just too small for a diesel when it gets really cold. I've forgotten
what the exact numbers are but the cranking capacity of even a new
battery drops dramatically in very cold weather. I suppose you don't
have to face that where you are. :-)

I put a combination A/C and Heat unit in that garage back when I was
into classic cars and stored two of them in that garage. It rarely
gets used now.

wrote:

[...]

I meant keep the booster battery in the heat.

wrote:

[...]

That would probably work too. I like the garage idea though. Tractor's
relatively warm and not snow covered.

wrote:

Understood Richard. But now that you've described your starting procedures I'd say you need a good battery.

I'd say he should invest in a tractor shed and a space heater. If the
shed was big enough, he could use it as a 'man cave' also - a safe
place to store and clean all his registered guns.

No need to build a tractor shed. The house has a large, heated garage
with 12'x12' doors that can house 3 cars if necessary. Mrs.E. doesn't
like to put cars (or tractors) in it though because it's a winter
playground area for the dogs. For a while it was her "office room",
piled high with her "stuff". Took a while but with the help of a 15
yard dumpster we cleaned it all out last summer, so it's pretty much empty.

Like a friend mentioned to me, putting the thing in a nice garage
would be great until you started it and ran it out of the garage. Then
you'd have that diesel smoke stench filling up your garage. The smell,
to you, may be better than horse ****, but Mrs. E may not think so.

The horse barn also has an attached and heated two car garage but the
doors are smaller. (10'x10') The tractor will fit in it if I remove the
upper section of the "roll bar" that is on the tractor. Not a big deal
to do.

My registered guns (which is all of them) are kept in a safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tFOew70Gd0

You've told us several times - except at night when one is on the
nightstand, right?

Which one?
--

"The modern definition of 'racist' is someone who's winning an argument
with a liberal."

....Peter Brimelow (Author)
(Thanks, Luddite!)

Thank you, Richard!!! jps General 385 November 17th 14 09:43 PM
Hey Richard... Tim General 7 August 13th 14 03:26 AM
Hey Richard Tim General 22 April 22nd 14 06:42 PM
for Richard thumper General 6 October 30th 13 11:23 PM
hey Richard. have you seen this? Tim General 5 October 13th 07 05:52 PM