jps jps is offline

Default Thank you, Richard!!!

Thank you for stepping out and making your thoughts known about gun
control. You make a reasoned argument for common sense law.

"I've shot (pun intended) my mouth off regarding my views on the need
for reasonable gun control laws, basically supporting universal
background checks, gun registration, a chain of custody record of
ownership and standardization of the myriad state laws. I believe
they should apply to both FFL dealer purchases and subsequent private
sales."

This is exactly the import of the referendum Washington voters just
passed by 60%+. Our legislature is too weak to take it up so the
citizens have done it for themselves.

You would not believe the apoplexy demonstrated by gun owners here.
You'd have thought they were being castrated while their kids were
deep fat fried by "liberals."

Common sense laws covering the sale of weapons needs to happen in this
country, otherwise there's no chance of holding idiots, assholes and
scumbags responsible for those same guns leaking into the hands of
criminals.

Background checks on every gun sale will help stem the flow of legal
weapons into criminal hands. It's not a panacea, just a step along
the way to a safer citizenry.

Thanks for voicing your opinion.
KC KC is offline

On 11/13/2014 3:40 PM, jps wrote:
Thank you for stepping out and making your thoughts known about gun
control. You make a reasoned argument for common sense law.

In other words, he agrees with you? Got it.

On 11/13/14 3:40 PM, jps wrote:
[...]

Unfortunately, Richard, in posting what he did, was not following the
Republican/Conservative/Libertarian official line here, and just about
every member of that clique attacked his post and then attacked Richard
personally, several with increasing nastiness. That I am sure was one of
the reasons he's bailed from what is left of rec.boats, at least bailed
for a while.

--
Just because you are opposed to abortion doesn’t make you pro-life. Your
morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a
jps jps is offline

On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 16:04:42 -0500, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 11/13/14 3:40 PM, jps wrote:
[...]

Not a surprise. There is no amount of common sense that'll allow the
partisans to see the merits of tighter control. The number of
incidents happening nationwide doesn't have an affect of them. More
guns is always the answer.

I've been reading Harvard's school of public health studies about the
effect guns have in western cultures. Quite edifying. More guns =
more death, more intimidation, more violence and death of women, more
child death and injury, etc.

It's pretty clear, some folks just don't want to see it.
KC KC is offline

On 11/13/14 3:40 PM, jps wrote:
[...]

You guys are funny. Is this how your tea parties are, a bunch of lying
assholes patting each other on the back, and blaming everything on
anyone who isn't in the room.... lol.

On Thursday, November 13, 2014 4:04:46 PM UTC-5, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 11/13/14 3:40 PM, jps wrote:
[...]

Funny, that's exactly how you've run off many from here.

"Unfortunately many posters here, in posting what they did, were not following the Liberal/Union official line, so harry krause attacked their post and then attacked them personally, always with increasing nastiness."

On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 12:40:01 -0800, jps wrote:

[...]

It was a great discussion. However, the failure of many to agree with
Luddite caused a degree of frustration which resulted in some comments
not taken well.

It's a damn shame that a difference of opinion can't simply be
accepted. Very sad!
jps jps is offline

On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 19:03:06 -0500, Poco Loco
wrote:

[...]

Political scientists working on behalf of parties have found ways to
neatly divide us by issue. And we're suckers for allowing ourselves
to be manipulated so expertly.

Most of the American electorate sit somewhere in the middle and have
the ability to see both sides of an issue, but the language that's
proffered by the extremes is what gets adopted in the debate.

I'm as guilty as any but I also know I sit significantly closer to the
middle than what's estimated by most of the "righties" here.

I really don't understand how people can be so obstinate about common
sense gun control. The paranoia about being on a "list" is
ridiculous. The government already knows everything they need to.
Them knowing whether you own a gun isn't going to make any difference
if they decide the constitution is obsolete.

wrote:

[...]

I guess there's just a lot of us not ready to declare it obsolete. On
the other side are those who think it 'just get's in the way'.
jps jps is offline

wrote:

[...]

I think you misunderstand me. A rogue government can only do away
with the constitution if they have buy in from the military.

In that case, it doesn't matter how many guns you own. They have
bigger.

Hey Richard... Tim General 7 August 13th 14 03:26 AM
Hey Richard Tim General 22 April 22nd 14 06:42 PM
for Richard thumper General 6 October 30th 13 11:23 PM
hey Richard. have you seen this? Tim General 5 October 13th 07 05:52 PM
Think Richard made it? Joe ASA 0 October 10th 06 07:03 PM