Mr. Luddite Mr. Luddite is offline

Default Hey Richard

On 12/3/2014 2:00 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 03 Dec 2014 10:56:38 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 12/3/2014 10:41 AM, Tim wrote:

What's the model and year of your John Deere?

I think it's a model 790. I bought it new about 13 years ago.
Looks like this, except mine is a lot more beat up now.

http://www.bwsequipment.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/DSC_1129-1024x682.jpg

===

Wow, that's a lot of horse ****. :-)

That be true.

It's an amazing little tractor though. I've abused it many times,
lifting huge boulders that exceeded it's lifting capacity and nothing
major has broken. It's a little beat up now but still runs and works
fine. When we put the pool in the contractors were having a heck of a
time with their ditch digger because of the number of large rocks and
boulders in the ground. I ended up doing all the trenches for the water
manifolds and electrical services with the back hoe attachment.

I did a lot of landscaping with it but now that it's all done we use it
mainly for dressing the riding circle in the horse paddock. We have an
attachment that has three wheels with spikes welded on them that turn
the ground and refresh the riding surface for the horses' tender hoofs.

That and moving snow piles around in the winter.