jps jps is offline

Default Ever hear of Kathy?

On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 13:17:17 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 12/2/2014 12:51 PM, Califbill wrote:
jps wrote:
On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 08:19:33 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Kathy Alizadeh is the Assistant Prosecuting Attorney who handled the
evidence presented to the Wilson Grand Jury.

At the beginning of the deliberations she handed out copies of the
Missouri statue that covers the conditions under which a police
officer can use deadly force for the juror's to consider. (The statute
is very favorable to the police and to Wilson.)

Turns out the statute she handed out for the juror's benefit was
written in 1979 and had been declared unconstitutional by the US Supreme
Court in 1985. She didn't bother correcting this "error" until near the
end of the deliberations when she handed out the "correct" statute.
She allowed the jurors to listen to all the testimony and evidence using
the 1979 statute as a guide for how police can respond.

Here is what she told the jurors:

?Previously in the very beginning of this process I printed out a
statute for you that was, the statute in Missouri for the use of force
to affect an arrest. So if you all want to get those out. What we have
discovered and we have been going along with this, doing our research,
is that the statute in the state of Missouri does not comply with the
case law. This doesn?t sound probably unfamiliar with you that the law
is codified in the written form in the books and they?re called
statutes, but courts interpret those statutes.
And so the statute for the use of force to affect an arrest in the state
of Missouri does not comply with Missouri supreme, I?m sorry, United
States supreme court cases.
So the statue I gave you, if you want to fold that in half just so that
you know don?t necessarily rely on that because there is a portion of
that that doesn?t comply with the law.?

She never explained to the jurors what the differences were in the two
documents. A juror asked if a Federal Court finding overrules the
original State statute.

Alizadeh's response to the juror's question:

?As far as you need to know, just don?t worry about that.?

Southern justice. This was a screw job from the start.

BS. You saw video of the "nice boy" using his bulk to strong arm a
shopkeeper shortly before. I doubt it was Mr. Brown's first robbery. And
even if it was, it proves he thought bulk got him what he desired. And
witnesses, black ones, stated Mr. brown attacked the cop. Interesting,
when in Santa Monica for Thanksgiving, a Black Guy at church complained
that Wilson should not be hassling a couple kids for walking down the
yellow line. They hassled us white kids for doing stupid stuff like that
also.

Now you are getting to the heart of the controversy. How many of you
"white kids" ended up getting shot for doing stupid stuff?

Further, there is video showing Brown paying for the cigars at the
counter and the owners of the market have confirmed the same. They
didn't call the police and insist there was no robbery.

The cop was a complete dick. The kid lost his cool, the cop ****ed up
the altercation in a big way. Didn't call for backup, jumped out of
his car and began shooting even though Brown was fleeing.

This guy is going to get sued, as is the town.

The prosecutor is a whole other kettle of fish. That asshole deserves
to be disbarred.

wrote:

[...]

Sounds like you've got it all figured, jps. Maybe you could get a job
working for Judge Judy. You ever thought of that?
--

"The modern definition of 'racist' is someone who's winning an argument
with a liberal."

....Peter Brimelow (Author)
(Thanks, Luddite!)

wrote:

[...]

I think the 'stupid stuff' referred to walking down the yellow line.
He made the point that white kids got hassled for that also.

It is also true that there have been white kids shot for very little
or no reason. They just don't make the news, even if shot for no
reason by a black cop.

But of course you know that. It just doesn't support the agenda you,
Toad, and jps like.

What "agenda" is that, Clara?

jps jps is offline

On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 12:02:26 -0600, Califbill
wrote:

jps wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Well what was the difference?

Was it significant to the case?

My guess, the old statute allowed the cops to shoot a fleeing felon
and they changed that part.
Since Wilson was making a "defense" case I am not sure it matters.
Brown's fatal wound was not in the back..

Absolutely correct. The part that was unconstitutional was permitting
the cops to use deadly force on someone who is fleeing. If I were
arguing for a conviction or indictment of Wilson, I'd lose because there
is no evidence Brown was shot in the back or that Wilson shot at Brown
while Brown was walking away.

But that's not the point. The point was that the DA's office used every
bit of evidence, including outdated statutes, to influence the GJ for no
indictment even before all the evidence and testimony was heard.

That's not the function or purpose of the DA's office in this situation.

Bu..bu...buu...buuut Wilson is white and Brown is brown and Wilson and
the prosecutors all work for the city of Ferguson. The couldn't
prosecute one of their own, could they?

The whole fiasco stinks to high heaven. Wilson had a defense attorney
where he should have faced a prosecutor looking for any reason to put
him on trial.

So railroad the guy?

Make him stand trial for the lowest murder charge, manslaughter. Let
a jury hear both sides of the argument instead of one.

The grand jury proceedings were so flawed as to be laughable, which is
why I refer to it as southern justice. White privilege.
jps jps is offline

On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 13:42:58 -0500, Poco Loco
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 13:35:36 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I'll bet you agree that Brown was a little sweetheart, don't you?

Stealing a box of cigars and shoving the proprietor doesn't justify
getting killed.

The transcripts of the GJ meetings and instructions by the Prosecutor's
office are available to read if you want to wade through them all.
I haven't read or seen all of them but the legal beagles who have feel
that the Prosecution was very selective in terms of who's testimony was
allowed and who's was discredited and trashed. That's what all the
hullabaloo is all about.

Nope, but attacking a cop in his car just may get one shot.

Yup, six times. Now I'm hearing that the final kill shot was from 150
feet away.

Murder.

KC KC is offline

wrote:

[...]

You are a moron.... This is the US, why not try you for manslaughter,
you are as guilty as Wilson?
KC KC is offline

wrote:

[...]

WHAT!!!???????? ROTFLMAO!!!

wrote:

[...]

This video you speak of is news to me. The one I have seen (as have
just about everyone with interest) showed some kind of altercation
at the counter after Brown reached over and grabbed what I assume are
the cigars and then Brown shoving the proprietor around as he was
leaving the store. He also stopped and returned briefly seeming to be
intimidating the proprietor.

Plus, I believe the robbery *was* reported and sent out on the police
communications network. Seems like that could be very easily disproved
if not true.

Where did you see or find the info about this alternate video and story?

wrote:

[...]

Pass that over to Luddite, so he'll know what the agenda is.

wrote:

Stealing a box of cigars and shoving the proprietor doesn't justify
getting killed.

===

That is not what got him killed and I think you know that.

What got him killed was trying to grab the cops gun. That is
tantanount to attempted murder and no cop of any color will let that
stand.

Anybody hear from Joe? Scotty ASA 0 December 29th 07 01:46 AM
If you want to hear... NOYB General 8 February 8th 06 06:04 PM
If you want to hear... Dry General 0 February 6th 06 11:03 PM
What's this I hear ? John Cairns ASA 2 December 21st 05 05:37 AM
How would you like to hear this in TV? Bart Senior ASA 23 June 18th 04 05:25 AM