Default Ever hear of Kathy?

On 12/3/2014 5:24 PM, BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 12/3/2014 3:42 PM, BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 12/3/2014 12:20 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 03 Dec 2014 07:49:56 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

The part the US Supreme Court found unconstitutional is pretty significant.

Only if Brown was shot in the back ... and he wasn't.
When he turned around and approached the officer, not following the
orders to "get on the ground", he was presenting a clear and present
danger.
Brown had already demonstrated that he would kick Wilson's ass in a
fair fight. Fortunately for Wilson, cops do not have to fight fair.
They give them a gun.

BTW if this case goes the other way and Wilson does get prosecuted,
you can kiss the idea of female officers goodby. 99% of them would
never win a fair fight with a guy like Brown. The same is true of most
male officers.

I don't disagree however I don't recall a command by Wilson to "get on
the ground" when Brown turned around appearing in the transcripts.
Maybe I missed it?

Wilson ordered Brown and Johnson to get on the sidewalk, but that was at
the beginning of the altercation.

Should Wilson have said please get on the ground or I will shoot you?
While he was spewing all of that oration Brown would have had time to
physically engage Wilson. Dead perp or dead cop, which do you prefer?

"Get on the ground" is a standard command used by the police to gain
control of a fluid situation.

I don't know if Wilson had time to make this command. Greg commented
(above), "When he turned around and approached the officer, not
following the orders to "get on the ground", he was presenting a clear
and present danger."

All I said was that I had not seen the command given in the GJ transcripts.

Is it your position that if it is not in the GJ transcript it didn't
occur?

It's another unanswered question, so I don't know if he did or didn't.
I also don't recall any reports of witnesses saying that Wilson told
Brown to "get on the ground". To the contrary, witnesses have stated
that Brown turned around and Wilson continued shooting.

I wasn't there.

Califbill wrote:
F*O*A*D wrote:
On 12/3/14 8:04 AM, BAR wrote:
In article ,

I never had the need to punch a police officer while he was sitting in
his cruiser. I never had the need to reach for a police officer's gun
while he was sitting in his cruiser.

There's still hope.

So, you going to attack a cop in his cruiser?

Nah...but Bert the john Bircher might. 😀
--
Sent from my iPhone 6+

F*O*A*D wrote:
Califbill wrote:
F*O*A*D wrote:
On 12/3/14 8:04 AM, BAR wrote:
In article ,

I never had the need to punch a police officer while he was sitting in
his cruiser. I never had the need to reach for a police officer's gun
while he was sitting in his cruiser.

There's still hope.

So, you going to attack a cop in his cruiser?

Nah...but Bert the john Bircher might. 😀

More likely, TOADThe Union mobster.

On 12/4/2014 12:40 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 03 Dec 2014 15:49:26 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 12/3/2014 3:42 PM, BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Page 227 line 4&5 "I tell him to get on the ground, get on the
ground."

Thanks. I missed it completely and I looked twice.

Anybody hear from Joe? Scotty ASA 0 December 29th 07 01:46 AM
If you want to hear... NOYB General 8 February 8th 06 06:04 PM
If you want to hear... Dry General 0 February 6th 06 11:03 PM
What's this I hear ? John Cairns ASA 2 December 21st 05 05:37 AM
How would you like to hear this in TV? Bart Senior ASA 23 June 18th 04 05:25 AM