Default Happiness is...

On 11/18/2014 9:13 PM, KC wrote:
On 11/18/2014 9:14 PM, True North wrote:
John H.
"...taking a Valium prior to going to the dentist for a root canal"

Say what?
What do you need a Valium for? I've had a couple of root canals and it
was only marginally worse than a good sized filling.

Wow, what a man!

Well after that I hate to tell my story, but, I will anyway.
About 15 years ago, I had a filling and the numb feeling in my jaw
just seemed to last way to long. The next time I needed a filing I told
the dentist to skip the Novocain ( I've been told that's not what they
use now). He went a head and I went home with no numbness. During one
procedure as the dentist was finishing up he flinch and said "oh, I
forgot you weren't numbed, I told him, I want you forget, I want you to
do what needs to be done.
My dentist recently retired and I instructed the new dentist about
not using Novocain, during the procedure he was trying wedge a spacer
between two teeth, the hygienist told him don't forget he's not numbed,
I couldn't talk by a wagged my finger at her.
I suspect f I needed a root canal I'd opt for a pain reliever.

Regarding happiness is..., or as I would call it temporary contentment,
last time I was in for an MRI, for a herniated disc, I took a pain pill
(Hydrocodone) and 4 oz of Coffee Kaluha. It was no problem setting
perfectly still for 40 minutes with the sound of the MRI machine droning
away. Tech said we got really good pictures.
Miiek

---

Banned

On Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:14:39 PM UTC-5, True North, harrys dicklicker wrote:

Say what?
What do you need a Valium for? I've had a couple of root canals and it was only marginally worse than a good sized filling.

Ther last good filling you had was when krause came in your mouth....**** off dicklicker.

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 18:06:23 -0500, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

...taking a Valium prior to going to the dentist for a root canal.

Adio Muchasos - and you too, TOAD!

You need to go to a real endodontist. No Valium, no pain killers not
even an Advil.

http://www.drwingfchan.com/

My dental insurance won't cover anesthesia, so I get the shots. I hate
the shots.

On 11/22/14 6:15 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 18:06:23 -0500, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

...taking a Valium prior to going to the dentist for a root canal.

Adio Muchasos - and you too, TOAD!

You need to go to a real endodontist. No Valium, no pain killers not
even an Advil.

http://www.drwingfchan.com/

My dental insurance won't cover anesthesia, so I get the shots. I hate
the shots.

Perhaps a cup of hemlock tea...

--
One failed attempt at a shoe bomb and we all have to take our shoes off
at the airport…

Thirty one school shootings since Columbine and counting and *no change*
in gun regulations.

On 11/22/2014 6:16 PM, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 11/22/14 6:15 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 18:06:23 -0500, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

...taking a Valium prior to going to the dentist for a root canal.

Adio Muchasos - and you too, TOAD!

You need to go to a real endodontist. No Valium, no pain killers not
even an Advil.

http://www.drwingfchan.com/

My dental insurance won't cover anesthesia, so I get the shots. I hate
the shots.

Perhaps a cup of hemlock tea...

Do you feel so intimidated by John that you wish him dead? Sad, really
sad. Have you seen a shrink yet?

Banned

On Saturday, November 22, 2014 7:21:56 PM UTC-5, Harrold wrote:

Do you feel so intimidated by John that you wish him dead? Sad, really
sad. Have you seen a shrink yet?

She lives upstairs.

On Sun, 23 Nov 2014 14:17:12 -0500, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 18:06:23 -0500, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

...taking a Valium prior to going to the dentist for a root canal.

Adio Muchasos - and you too, TOAD!

You need to go to a real endodontist. No Valium, no pain killers not
even an Advil.

http://www.drwingfchan.com/

My dental insurance won't cover anesthesia, so I get the shots. I hate
the shots.

No anesthesia needed, just a couple of shots of novicane in the gums and
5 minutes later he is drilling into your teeth.

The drilling's OK. It's the shots I hate. I really think dentists
would stay a lot busier if they could figure out a painless way to
give the damn shots.

Johnny whines..
"The drilling's OK. It's the shots I hate. I really think dentists
would stay a lot busier if they could figure out a painless way to
give the damn shots."

SNERK!
Those little needles in the gums scare you?
My dentist will rub my gums with some kind of local freezing before inserting the needles on occasion.
I've never asked for it and have told her I don't like the taste of that stuff. I'll take my needles straight up.
KC KC is offline

On 11/23/2014 2:43 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
[...]

My dentist uses a topical before the shots so I barely feel them going
in.. unfortunately, Novocaine has very little effect on me. Last time
the dentist mocked me and told me he had put 4 times the normal dose in,
and suggested I couldn't feel a thing.. Then I told him which teeth he
was touching with his probe He was astonished but admitted some folks
are more immune to it, and I was the most he had ever seen. He gave me a
couple more, then he just had to continue on despite the pain... I lived...
KC KC is offline

On 11/23/2014 5:10 PM, True North wrote:
Johnny whines..
"The drilling's OK. It's the shots I hate. I really think dentists
would stay a lot busier if they could figure out a painless way to
give the damn shots."

SNERK!
Those little needles in the gums scare you?
My dentist will rub my gums with some kind of local freezing before inserting the needles on occasion.
I've never asked for it and have told her I don't like the taste of that stuff. I'll take my needles straight up.

Lol, sure, sure......

Happiness is... John H.[_5_] General 31 June 8th 12 05:28 AM
Rules for Happiness John H[_12_] General 13 January 27th 10 04:02 AM
Happiness is... Wayne.B Cruising 92 December 2nd 07 07:33 AM
Happiness is... Wayne.B General 133 December 2nd 07 07:31 AM