KC KC is offline

Default Thank you, Richard!!!

On 11/13/2014 7:03 PM, Poco Loco wrote:

It was a great discussion. However, the failure of many to agree with
Luddite caused a degree of frustration which resulted in some comments
not taken well.

It's a damn shame that a difference of opinion can't simply be
accepted. Very sad!

It is strange how some folks handle opposition when they feel they are
smarter than everyone else in the room... Even if they are, I have
always found that new blood can lead to new innovations and even new
attitudes... I think these types of folks are ripping themselves off.

On 11/14/2014 8:54 AM, KC wrote:
On 11/13/2014 7:03 PM, Poco Loco wrote:

It was a great discussion. However, the failure of many to agree with
Luddite caused a degree of frustration which resulted in some comments
not taken well.

It's a damn shame that a difference of opinion can't simply be
accepted. Very sad!

It is strange how some folks handle opposition when they feel they are
smarter than everyone else in the room... Even if they are, I have
always found that new blood can lead to new innovations and even new
attitudes... I think these types of folks are ripping themselves off.

Common sense is not an indicator of "smartness".

Debate and discussion is how controversial issues are resolved. When
the issue is a social problem it is the responsibility of all to
contribute to the solution. Hiding your head in the sand and pretending
the problem doesn't exist doesn't count.

In the end, those who push strongly enough win. Those who cling to the
status quo end up getting run over. Better to be a participant.

wrote:

On 11/14/2014 8:54 AM, KC wrote:
[...]

You missed this:

"The crime rate has been dropping for decades.
Nobody ever got anyone to "tune in" to hear a story about how great
things are going and we are safer than ever.

It is all "Things that are going to kill you, details at 11"

(Greg)

Hear, hear.
jps jps is offline

wrote:

On 11/14/2014 8:54 AM, KC wrote:
[...]

The crime rate has been dropping and so has the percentage of
Americans owning guns.

And yet the number of deaths by gun is maintaining at a constant. So
either more crime related deaths are being committed by gun or more
people are killing themselves by gun.

Crime rate includes burglary, robbery, rape, assualt, etc. Is there a
relationship between more guns being owned by fewer Americans and the
crime rate?

How's the death by gun rate of K-12 and Higher Ed doing?

What I do know is that the more guns that a society owns, the more
deaths are as a result of guns and death rates per capita climb.

wrote:

On 11/14/2014 8:54 AM, KC wrote:
[...]

How could you possibly know that? Survey? Registered guns? If I were
called, I wouldn't volunteer any information about guns I own. (Of
course, they could, as Luddite says, find bits and pieces by reading
enough crap online.

And yet the number of deaths by gun is maintaining at a constant. So
either more crime related deaths are being committed by gun or more
people are killing themselves by gun.

Ah, the population is increasing - especially in those cultures where
shooting each other is the norm.

Crime rate includes burglary, robbery, rape, assualt, etc. Is there a
relationship between more guns being owned by fewer Americans and the
crime rate?

Is there a relationship between hoods on the streets of Chicago,
Flint, NO, etc, and the crime rate?

Are you implying that all burglaries, robberies, rapes, assaults,
etc., are committed with guns? What's your point?

How's the death by gun rate of K-12 and Higher Ed doing?

How far back are you going? Check it out...
http://nces.ed.gov/programs/crimeind...table_01_1.asp

What I do know is that the more guns that a society owns, the more
deaths are as a result of guns and death rates per capita climb.

Actually that really depends on the society. Perhaps you should look
at Switzerland.

wrote:

On 11/14/2014 8:54 AM, KC wrote:
[...]

Cite that gun ownership is dropping. Not some telephone poll! There has
been a massive purchasing of firearms I the last 6+ years.

Hey Richard... Tim General 7 August 13th 14 03:26 AM
Hey Richard Tim General 22 April 22nd 14 06:42 PM
for Richard thumper General 6 October 30th 13 11:23 PM
hey Richard. have you seen this? Tim General 5 October 13th 07 05:52 PM
Think Richard made it? Joe ASA 0 October 10th 06 07:03 PM