Default Thank you, Richard!!!

On 11/14/2014 1:55 PM, KC wrote:
On 11/14/2014 1:10 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 12:30:22 -0500, KC wrote:

On 11/14/2014 12:19 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 11:59:04 -0500, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 11/14/14 11:45 AM,
wrote:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 11:11:49 -0500, F*O*A*D wrote:

It is as valid as your idea that the problems of the world would be
solved with a little bit bigger government and a few more laws.

I could attend a Virginia gun show, find an individual (not a
licensed
dealer) selling firearms, and buy one from him at the show
without him
doing any background check, because such is legal in Virginia. Now,
being an out of stater, we'd both be in violation of the law,
but...there's no enforcement. You are grasping at straws.

If there is no enforcement, what difference would a new law make?
You are the one grasping.

If the guy is not even going to make sure you are a resident, what
would make him do a background check?

The idea is to *ban* individual sales unless there is a paper trail
and
perhaps make all gun transfers go through an FFL or some mechanism
that
makes a background check mandatory. Of course, I also favor licensing
gun owners.

I am a (CCW) licensed owner so most of this does not apply to me
anyway but again, if these sellers are willing to break an existing
law, what would make them follow another law?

Just wondering if any of you have experience or have seen all of this
"illegal transfer" we are hypothesizing about here?

Here are the requirements for the private transfer of a firearm in
Virginia:

"What are the laws concerning the private sale of a handgun?
To privately sell a firearm, it is recommended that you safeguard
information pertaining to the transaction such as the date the firearm
was sold, the complete name and address of the buyer, and the make,
model, and serial number of the firearm. The seller and buyer of a
handgun must be a resident of the state in which the transfer occurs.
Should the firearm ever be located at a crime scene, trace of the
firearm will determine the licensed dealer who last sold the firearm
and will identify the last buyer of the firearm. To have your name
removed from this process, you may consider placing your firearm on
consignment with a licensed dealer. This will also ensure that the
firearm is transferred only to a lawfully eligible individual. "

If you are from out of state, and I sell you a handgun, then we've
broken the law. Apparently all these 'Virginia Gun Show Loopholes' to
which Harry continuously refers are simply folks breaking the law.

What we need are more laws to keep lawbreakers from breaking the law!

But have you seen this at gun shows, or are we spending time and energy
talking about a baited anomaly the left dug deep enough to find?

DICK! PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION HERE!!! *I am not saying CNN dug deep*, I
am just trying to find out what the reality of the "gun show loophole"
is to see if *I* feel it's relevant at all....

What the hell are you yelling at me for? Nothing I've said is quoted
(above).

wrote:
[...]

Been to lots of Virginia gun shows. No one tried to sell me a gun,
other than dealers who wanted the fed form completed.

On 11/14/14 2:39 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/14/2014 1:52 PM, KC wrote:
On 11/14/2014 1:40 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/14/2014 11:41 AM, KC wrote:
On 11/14/2014 11:29 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

On 11/14/14 11:05 AM, wrote:

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 06:40:07 -0500, F*O*A*D wrote:

I think you missed the point of Luddite's posit entirely. The
point is
that firearms are being sold at gun shows sans even the instant
background checks, especially but not only by individuals who are
not
FFLs. It has been demonstrated many times that Virginia, in
particular,
a "gunshow loophole state," has numerous individuals selling
firearms to
other individuals at gunshows and at other venues without bothering
with
any background checks.

In another of his posts, he had a statistic that said less than
1% of
the guns used in crimes came from gun shows.

I don't know for a fact but I suspect that 1% number refers to
*reported* gun show sales by a FFL. It's the only way the data could
have been documented.

I don't think it includes "no questions asked" private sales at gun
shows. How could it if there are no records?

Well, if that's the case then "no questions asked" in the context of
this discussion is only a hypothetical too?

sigh

If you are referring to the CNN documentary, they showed and reported
that the sellers didn't even ask the buyer's name let alone any ID. You
can believe that or not believe it, but that's what they reported.

Probably easier for you to just declare the report as being a made-up
hoax like Greg and it will satisfy you.

Non responsive.. let me try again.. has anybody here experienced
personally the type of activity the CNN report "found". Is this
prevalent or can we assume CNN had to dig a little to get someone to do
it? Just trying to get by the this or that extremes you leftys are
throwing out here... suggesting that if someone doesn't see it your way,
they must be as far from your opinion as possible.. I know that makes it
easier to justify dismissing their point of view or coming to the
middle, but it doesn't change anything...

I don't buy guns illegally ... personally.

Scotty is looking for hints so he can buy himself a pocket rocket.

--
Just because you are opposed to abortion doesn’t make you pro-life. Your
morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a

On 11/14/2014 2:31 PM, KC wrote:
On 11/14/2014 2:20 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

I don't think private sellers... snip.... They are gun nuts,
not professional dealers.

All of them? So all private sellers are "gun nuts"? This is why folks
are giving you **** on this subject...

Sorry. In your case, delete "gun".

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 14:15:10 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 11/14/2014 12:17 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 11:44:20 -0500, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 11/14/14 11:41 AM,
wrote:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 11:03:09 -0500, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 11/14/14 10:59 AM,
wrote:

That reading thing again. I was pointing out that there were already
laws that would have prevented the CNN crew from legally purchasing
the guns they bought and they still bought them. The thing that ****ed
Richard off was when I pointed out that they had to drive over 600
miles, visit 5 gun shows just to find 3 illegal sellers.
If you know anything about TV at all you know they had hours of
footage of people following the law that ended up on the cutting room
floor to get the "70 seconds" they used.

Perfectly legal in "gun show loophole states" like Virginia for
individuals to sell their regulated firearms to someone without
an instant check.

I ask again, why did CNN go to Tennessee, North Carolina and South
Carolina then? Were they saying there are no gun shows in Georgia or
are they not saying that those sellers wanted them to walk over to the
instant check booth first?

That is the problem with TV, you only see what the producer wants you
to see.

I don't know why they went there, and neither do you. The point is that
you can buy firearms at gunshows without a background check. Period. You
should not be able to buy or sell or gift a firearm without paperwork
recording the giver, seller and buyer.

If the seller is willing to break the law, what difference does it
make?
In this case the buyers and the sellers were breaking a federal law.

It would have been far more convincing if they just stayed in Georgia
and the fact that they didn't makes it sound like maybe they were
being asked more questions than they wanted for their show.

After all it is just a TV show and not a whole lot different than the
Kardashians or Honey Boo Boo. They shoot hours of tape to get a 12
minute segment.

Private sellers can break the law with virtual immunity *because there
is no requirement for a background check or registration of the
purchased firearm*. Geeze ...

Private sellers could break the law if there *was* a requirement for a
background check or registration..."

Geeezeeee Peet!

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 13:45:21 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 11/14/2014 12:10 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 11:29:02 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 11/14/14 11:05 AM,
wrote:

[...]

Dunno, it was your statistic.

Perhaps they asked?

I have said all along, the cops don't usually spend a lot of time
tracing crime guns. they know it will not do anything to help their
case, so why bother?

Maybe it's because there is no reliable data base that shows the chain
of custody.

BTW, I thought you'd left 'cause we were so screwed up.
jps jps is offline

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 10:02:38 -0600, Califbill
wrote:

jps wrote:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 01:22:33 -0600, Califbill
wrote:

jps wrote:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 01:24:55 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 21:16:36 -0800, jps wrote:

On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 21:47:01 -0500,
wrote:

On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 18:15:43 -0800, jps wrote:

I really don't understand how people can be so obstinate about common
sense gun control

Because common criminals don't pay much attention to common sense.
These proposals are not going to do anything but create a new
bureaucracy that doesn't really accomplish anything.

Yes, just like seat belts and all those bureaucrats who manage OSHA
and Product Safety agencies. Bloody waste of money and effort, eh?

Bad examples. Certainly we have a seat belt law and thousands of pages
of OSHA regulations but both are universally ignored.
Making the rules tighter and increasing the PPE required, does not
help much for the people who refuse to wear it.

Bullcrap. Seatbelts are universally accepted and between those and
other legislation, have reduced vehicular deaths in accident by 1/3.

Imagine reducing annual death by gun by 1/3. Is that folly?

How about when you have two government agencies with regulations
diametrically opposed? When both will sue you for non compliance.

Is this hyperbole, hypothetical or do you have an actual example?

Actual. Lots of cases. Like the EPA saying the farmer can not disk his
fends line because it is a wetland, and if he does, they will fine him a
$100k, while the fire dept says they will fine him if he does not disk.
Lots of contrary regulations. Some even from the same entity. And while
you reduce gun deaths by 1/3, where does that 1/3 come from? Armed
criminals, who ignore the law anyway. Or suicide, who just use a different
method?

But no specific examples, making it hypthetical.

Maybe cross referencing mental health or domestic violence incidents
with gun ownership would help drop the homicide/suicide rates?

It could mean that gun freaks with a bad temper might lose their right
to bear arms.

wrote:
[...]

That's pretty close to the most naive statement you've ever made here.

You think the unlicensed individuals selling firearms walk around with
signs?

wrote:

[...]

But since there isn't such a law in Virginia...
--
Just because you are opposed to abortion doesn’t make you pro-life. Your
morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a
child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed, not a child
clothed, not a child able to see the doctor. That’s not pro-life…that’s
pro-birth.
Tim Tim is offline

From 2013. Lol!

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...-show_01292013

Hey Richard... Tim General 7 August 13th 14 03:26 AM
Hey Richard Tim General 22 April 22nd 14 06:42 PM
for Richard thumper General 6 October 30th 13 11:23 PM
hey Richard. have you seen this? Tim General 5 October 13th 07 05:52 PM
Think Richard made it? Joe ASA 0 October 10th 06 07:03 PM