Default The Moron's Way to Defend Schools...

....what could possibly go wrong?

We have had our third in-school accidental discharge by an armed teacher
during the still-very young 2014-2015 school year.

A criminal justice instructor at Technology Center of DuPage in
Addison accidentally discharged a handgun during class Friday afternoon,
striking a file cabinet and hollow wall, officials said.

The instructor, a retired FBI agent, wasn't authorized to have the
gun on school property, said Jim Thorne, the school's director.

"It's not part of the curriculum. It's nothing we knew he had,"
Thorne said.

Three students were watching the instructor's demonstration about
1:30 p.m. in an office adjacent to a classroom, where other students
were preparing for the start of class, Thorne said.

No one was struck by the bullet, which ended up lodged in another
classroom, he said.

You will recall that last month saw an armed 6th grade teacher injure
herself with porcelain shrapnel as she accidentally Second Amendmented
the toilet out from beneath herself in the faculty restroom, and an
Idaho State University professor Second Amendmented himself in the foot
during class.

Six weeks of school (counting from the week of August 25), and three
teachers have already accidentally fired their handy little safety tools
in school. Looking sharp, people. Looking sharp.

Swiped from Daily KOS

--
“My heart goes out to the people of Ebola.”
Sarah Palin

F*O*A*D wrote:
[...]

He is an FBI agent. Holder and the government will declare it a good
shoot.

On 10/7/14 12:31 PM, Califbill wrote:
F*O*A*D wrote:
[...]

Wrong again, Bilious. He is a *retired* agent. And isn't he the exact
sort of fella that terrorist group, the NRA, recommended be hired to
guard our schools?

Hiring these former badge holders is a terrific idea...after all, if you
read the news these days, there's an incident a day of a cop-type
shooting or tasing or beating the crap out of perfectly innocent
citizens. Why not have them shoot up school kids, too? Or how about
those NRA members carrying their AR rifles into fast food joints or
Target, you know, the ones who look like they have double-digit IQs.

On 10/7/2014 12:25 PM, F*O*A*D wrote:
[...]

Stealing from the mentally challenged, I see. Have you no scruples?

On Tue, 07 Oct 2014 13:28:49 -0400, Harrold wrote:

[...]

He's a liberal. 'Nuff said.

"It's not a baby kicking, dear bride, it's just a fetus."
Harry Krause

On 10/7/14 7:37 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 07 Oct 2014 16:59:32 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 10/7/14 4:11 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 07 Oct 2014 13:05:11 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 10/7/14 1:00 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 07 Oct 2014 12:55:44 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 10/7/14 12:48 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 07 Oct 2014 12:25:05 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

We have had our third in-school accidental discharge by an armed teacher
during the still-very young 2014-2015 school year.

If your point is that school teachers are not responsible enough to
have guns, I will let you win that one.

They're at least as "responsible" as former FBI agents and cops.
After all, far more innocents are shot and killed by FBI agents and cops
than school teachers.

I am not here to defend trigger happy FB I agents but 2 of the 3
incidents you cited were teachers.

Whoosh.

I guess that is Harry Speak for "I can't argue with what you said"

Your posit was specious...no need to waste time "arguing."

The whole thread is specious, what's your point?

You still ducked the issue that 2 or the 3 people who you cited were
teachers and one was a trigger happy FBI agent. Maybe he was at Ruby
Ridge, Waco or Orlando

The point is that having a teacher or even a former cop or FBI agent in
a school to protect the kids and teachers is fraught with stupidity and
danger in addition to that posed by a crazed shooter. The fact that two
of the three incidents were related to teachers is not the issue...the
issue is that these so-called solutions are simple-minded. Schools have
many entrances and windows, and even if these are locked, a determined
shooter would have no problem getting inside. And since most of them
don't care whether they live or die, they could shoot up several
classrooms before someone with a gun showed up to defend the kids. And
it is likely the "protector" would be shot, too.

On 10/7/14 9:31 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 07 Oct 2014 19:57:21 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

The point is that having a teacher or even a former cop or FBI agent in
a school to protect the kids and teachers is fraught with stupidity and
danger in addition to that posed by a crazed shooter. The fact that two
of the three incidents were related to teachers is not the issue...the
issue is that these so-called solutions are simple-minded. Schools have
many entrances and windows, and even if these are locked, a determined
shooter would have no problem getting inside. And since most of them
don't care whether they live or die, they could shoot up several
classrooms before someone with a gun showed up to defend the kids. And
it is likely the "protector" would be shot, too.

I agree that untrained or marginally trained people are worse than
having nobody there at all but just assuming you are going to let an
active shooter go until they run out of ammo or a swat team can get
there is not a viable answer either.
Part of the answer might just be an alarm and good locks on the
classroom doors.

On the other hand, if these people were willing to go to Gunsite for a
couple weeks, I see no problem arming them.
Maybe if they taught proper self defense tactics in college, you would
be more in favor of it

Funny you should mention Gunsite Academy.

Defend Doug's Boat!!!! Capt. Rob ASA 6 January 22nd 06 01:57 PM
Australia / New Zealand Defend Heroin Smuggler jlrogers ASA 2 November 28th 05 11:21 AM
Notice how liverals no longer defend Goldman Sachs? Michael ASA 0 November 27th 04 03:47 AM
Notice how conservative no longer defend Halliburton! Thom Stewart ASA 0 November 27th 04 02:07 AM
One More Reason to Defend Israel Christopher Robin General 5 April 8th 04 04:13 AM