KC KC is offline

Default Speaking about boats...

On 8/20/2014 1:05 PM, H*a*r*r*o*l*d wrote:
On 8/20/2014 10:43 AM, KC wrote:
On 8/20/2014 12:10 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 11:35:50 -0400, KC wrote:

On 8/20/2014 10:50 AM, H*a*r*r*o*l*d wrote:
On 8/20/2014 5:45 AM, True North wrote:
DumboDickson
" Wrong again, Mr Don. They closed the Terminal, and pulled ALL the
jobs back to the US..."

Really....how long ago was that?
Is that your sleazy excuse for not working since?
What a deadbeat!

Any driver with a clean record can make 100k if he's willing to go
where
the work is.

Alaska? Iraq??? Do tell...

North Dakota

Same thing.... lol. But what are you moving that pays that well, gypsy?
Aren't they almost a thing of the past?

Thars oil in them thar hills.

Contracted work, nice... I don't have a CDL, funny, a guy just asked me
that yesterday but I still can drive his smaller rigs. He moves cars and
motorhomes, trailers, race cars and bikes, rental vehicles back to base,
etc around the country for events and such. Met him at our vendors booth
at the Fair yesterday (he does that too). He liked the way Jess and I
work, racing, and running our own booth at the same time, while I spent
the night on the track working so we could save gate fees and race for
free (privateer/brownbag racing. And weather you like me or not, I am
sought after and very well compensated when I work the track. The riders
and their parents appreciate how I protect their riders, in the series I
worked last night, it's kind of like being a rodeo clown, cause they
don't even slow down for the yellow flag, just change racing lines, if
your lucky... It was a long night but things are really starting to get
rolling for any of you watching "over there"..

L'il Snottie babbles...

" And weather you like me or not, I am
sought after "

What has the weather got to do with liking you or not??

FunnyMan cackles..

" By the way, your more recent photos show that time hasn't been kind to you."

Huh? You must be seeing something I haven't seen yet.

Banned

On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 3:15:59 PM UTC-4, True North wrote:

" By the way, your more recent photos show that time hasn't been kind to you."

Huh? You must be seeing something I haven't seen yet.

You cant see past your gut, Mop Boy.
Banned

On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 12:31:53 PM UTC-4, H*a*r*r*o*l*d wrote:

Aw come on. Spend some more of that inheritance and live a little. Make

your mom proud.

By the way, your more recent photos show that time hasn't been kind to you.

Since you wont share the pictures with the rest of the group, we can't help in the evaluation of old Mop Boy.

On 8/20/14 4:38 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 09:24:55 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

On Tuesday, 19 August 2014 17:42:40 UTC-3, Wayne. B wrote:
On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 08:10:31 -0700 (PDT), True North

wrote:

Sent an email to the Legend dealer about the transom saver they sold me a couple years ago.

The black rubber y-Block that protects the outboards lower end was falling apart and. Want to know what it would cost to replace it.

She took a week to get back to me, so in the meanwhile I've been thinking of an upgrade to a heavy duty aluminum. Model with the swivel head.

Went to a local marine store to research theirs and we disagreed on the best way to attach the optional bracket to the trailers rear cross member.

Then the salesman got us outside where he managed to get the wife in his corner to tag team me on a new Larsen 180S fiberglass bow rider.

Boat is nice but he's talking to $40k all in..minus my trade-in.

The new guy has only been there for 6 weeks but he shows promise as a salesman. ;-)

Anyway...I left with his card and a brochure and that's as far as it will go.

===

Frankly I don't think you'd be happy with it, and you could buy a lot

more boat for that kind of money if you shop around a bit. Our

runabout back home is a Searay 270 Sundeck which is essentially an

overgrown bow rider (26 1/2 ft). It is by no means sea worthy in

anything more that a 2 foot chop and it is easy to take a wave over

the bow and into the boat even in those conditions. We got ours in

like new condition with only 115 hours on the engine for $25K. It

was a good deal because our neighbor was moving away from the water

and had to sell quickly but there are other opportunities if you keep

looking. If I were you I'd want an offshore center console over 20

ft with some wind and spray protection, or a cuddy cabin runabout in

the 24 ft range.

The Larsen 180S would be a bit better than my boat but not enough to justify another $25k. I doubt I would get much more than $15K on a trade in. the salesman threw out $12K... probably just to get me on the hook.
In this area a 20' or bigger boat would be ideal for cruising the coast but I'd have to join a yacht club and keep the boat there.
In order to tow I'd have to buy an overblown over sized HD diesel pickup.. like Johnny's.

Toyota 4Runner pulled my 21' ProLine just fine. Of course, I could back it. That helps.

We're sure you've had lots of practice backing up.

On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 12:09:37 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

L'il Snottie babbles...

" And weather you like me or not, I am
sought after "

What has the weather got to do with liking you or not??

Perhaps that was a mistake, Don. Have you never made any?

Speaking of boats... HK General 2 February 12th 08 02:56 PM
Speaking of New Boats... John H. General 60 August 21st 07 05:27 PM
Speaking of boats... Short Wave Sportfishing General 48 May 20th 07 12:21 AM
Speaking of new boats... Short Wave Sportfishing General 0 February 11th 05 01:27 AM
Speaking of sweet boats... Doug Kanter General 0 January 17th 05 05:17 PM