Default Calculating S.S. benefit at 62 vs 66

wrote:
On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 23:51:40 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 23:36:29 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 23:24:15 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

We'll see.

There are a lot more senior citizens now than there were in the 80s,
and we are organized, and we vote. I think it would be political
suicide for anyone trying to increase SS taxes beyond today's onerous
levels.

At least I don't have New York and New Jersey reaching into my pocket
anymore, and our property taxes are only 25% of what we used to pay in
the NY 'burbs. Dockage is cheaper also. :-)

It all depends on whether the kids start voting their interests.
When their FICA taxes start being more than their income tax, they
might wake up. For some it is more now, they just don't know because
Sammy takes it before they see their check.

===

Isn't it true that the people with good jobs are very much a minority?

The government will eventually "fix" social security by either
fudging the cost of living calculations or eliminating COLA entirely.
That will be followed by a round of hyper inflation. The "official"
rate of inflation is already being fudged a great deal, and hyper
inflation with a weak dollar is the inevitable consequence of long
term defecit spending.

I think the whole concept of SS/Pensions is in for a reality shock. No
matter how you slice it, you can't have as many people "retired" as
the demographics predict. We are already seeing the SS problem since
it is upside down for the first time in history. The supporters are
simply in denial about that. The next shoe to drop will be the effect
on the equities market when the boomers start drawing down their 401ks
and spending that money. That is money that will leave the market and
will not be back.
The Fed can't keep printing money out of thin air forever too cover
our debt and to keep investment growing.
I think that is why we have the 1% now. If those people actually tried
to spend some of those unrealized capital gains Harry is so mad that
they have, the whole house of cards would collapse. They keep the
market going with money they will never take out and spend.
Most of that money is just an illusion, numbers in a computer
representing nothing and simply making it look like we are prosperous
as a whole.

The housing bubble and the dot com bubble were just a sneak peak at
the debt and phony money bubble we have coming. It might happen as
soon as Warren Buffett dies and they try to liquidate Berkshire
Hathaway for charity as he promised.

You should change your handle to Mr. Apocalypse. 😳

--
Posted from my iPhone

Calculating Prop Shaft Diameter Michael Boat Building 4 December 26th 06 10:35 PM
Calculating rudder Darkwyx Boat Building 0 October 23rd 06 10:49 PM
calculating boat speed Barry General 17 May 11th 05 04:07 PM
Calculating distance from Lat/Long Lloyd Sumpter Cruising 36 December 30th 03 11:44 AM
Calculating distance from Lat/Long Lloyd Sumpter Electronics 16 December 30th 03 11:44 AM