Default Hank - RC Aircraft and Boats

On 3/4/2014 4:11 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 17:08:58 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 3/4/14, 11:42 AM, Poco Loco wrote:
Cute boat: http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...tr-v2-PRB4250B

There, now no one can bitch about the lack of boating content.

I'm about to decide that in order to get into the current crop of RC airplanes, the various
transmitters, electronic speed controls, battery elimination circuits, the lithium polymer batteries
and their chargers, balancers, brushed and brushless motors, etc., one needs an EE degree at a
minimum.

But, I went out a few days ago and watched a few RC airplanes being flown. I've got the bug.

You can store the RC plane with the guitar you can't play, the golf
clubs with which you can't play, and the guns you can't shoot straight.

Rancorous, FOAD? Jealous? Something's eating at you, almost continuously. Wonder what it could be?

Harry must be back in his cellar apartment. He couldn't possibly be that
miserable soaking up the sun in south Florida.

On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 17:19:53 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 3/4/14, 5:11 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
[...]

Jealous of what, pray tell? Certainly nothing in your life or closet of
possessions.

BTW, I tried out (handled and dry fired) a new S&W 686 Plus down here.
It's the seven shot six shooter. 4" barrel, very nice. I just can't
get my brain around a seven shot six shooter. Also comes in a six shot
model. Might get one when we return to the Frozen Tundra of Maryland.

82F on the beach today.

You need another gun. I'd want the 'N' frame for a .357.

On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 19:27:07 -0500, wrote:

My millionaire Dutch neighbor has a quad rotor that looks like
something the NSA should have.

===

Someone was flying one of those at the Punta Gorda Jazz Fest last
week. Do you know where to get one and how much they cost?
KC KC is offline

On 3/4/2014 7:27 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 14:58:36 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 13:35:51 -0500, Poco Loco
wrote:

On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 13:07:24 -0500, Wayne.B wrote:

On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 11:42:28 -0500, Poco Loco
wrote:

Cute boat:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...tr-v2-PRB4250B

There, now no one can bitch about the lack of boating content.

I'm about to decide that in order to get into the current crop of RC airplanes, the various
transmitters, electronic speed controls, battery elimination circuits, the lithium polymer batteries
and their chargers, balancers, brushed and brushless motors, etc., one needs an EE degree at a
minimum.

But, I went out a few days ago and watched a few RC airplanes being flown. I've got the bug.

===

This stuff is only going to get better over time. I was looking at a
spec sheet the other day for a thumbnail sized micro chip that
contained not only a 3-axis gyro but also 3-axis accelerometers and a
magnetic compass sensor - everything you need for an inertial
navigation system, automatic flight controls and an auto pilot. The
retail price was only about $40 which blew me away. It's only a small
step from there to creating a helicopter that almost anyone could
learn to fly in very little time.

Like this?

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...yro-GWSPG03#t3

Note the review.

Here's the technology on airplanes: And, it doesn't add a whole lot to the price of the airplanes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKA88noI9rY

===

Yes, although I think the chip technology has already advanced well
past that point. It's only a matter of time before it shows up on
real helicopters.

My millionaire Dutch neighbor has a quad rotor that looks like
something the NSA should have. It knows where it is, knows where you
want it to go and knows how to get home if you lose it.
The camera is scary.

He did have to ditch his I phone because it wasn't "hobbyist ready"
and he has a bad assed Samsung.

I got this one with a camera, but it's not very fast and the camera
isn't like your friends I suspect.. We do have a company here that will
come out and film with you for a day with one of those quad copters, but
it's expensive...
KC KC is offline

On 3/4/2014 7:33 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 19:27:07 -0500, wrote:

My millionaire Dutch neighbor has a quad rotor that looks like
something the NSA should have.

===

Someone was flying one of those at the Punta Gorda Jazz Fest last
week. Do you know where to get one and how much they cost?

The guy up here said about a grand for the flyer, then add the camera..
He did a hd video chasing riders over jumps and such at the MX track...

Poco Loco wrote:
[...]

Debt? Lots of unpaid government debt?

F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

I've had an 8-shot .357 Magnum for years. Big deal.

wrote:

[...]

I had no idea that these things were getting to be this powerful and
this capable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxoQaaI3-7A

Interesting stuff.

On 3/4/14, 6:26 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
[...]

Why is that, Johnny? The medium frame is more than sufficient for those
calibers.

On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 20:40:47 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

[...]

You're the gun guy. Go for it.

Yo Hank Poco Loco General 8 July 15th 14 09:40 PM
The Great Democratic Congressman Hank Johnson! Loogypicker[_2_] General 64 April 5th 10 02:24 PM
Roller furling vs hank on jib [email protected] Cruising 5 June 23rd 05 04:59 AM
Hawaii trip and the Clamp Hank Rick Henderson General 0 April 1st 04 11:21 PM