Default my weather....

On Tue, 7 Jan 2014 21:05:11 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

On Tuesday, January 7, 2014 10:27:24 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Tue, 7 Jan 2014 12:33:57 -0800 (PST), Tim

wrote:

Here, it's supposed to be in the mid 40's this weekend.

I imagine there will be some numbskulls walking around in shorts here too.

Hey there! I am still in shorts ... but it is high 50s.

I do have my shirt on and I am hurrying Ed along ;-)

65 I can deal with but 57 and 15kts out of the north is brutal

This was better

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Oregon/Mt%2...0Mt%20Hood.jpg

Ah yes. I remember being in Germany and the air was warm, the snow was thick and people skiing the alps in T shirts.

But around here, at 40-50 degrees, the bone chilling humidity from the melting snow is the problem. Actually, after a snow, it seems warmer at 15f. and a sunny, cloudless day, then at 40 with an overcast sky and a bit of a breeze. The wind will drive the cold humidity right through a good pair of Carharts.

While stationed in Germany, our 4th of July 'tradition' was to go skiing at Passo dello Stelvio,

http://tinyurl.com/mjdzwqz

The pass was closed in the winter, so the only skiing to be done there was summer skiing. Several
times we could ski without jackets, but falling in the snow without a jacket was not a lot of fun!

The pass also made for a great motorcycle ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0_WgbtqKCA

Back then I had no problem with the heights and the lack of guardrails in many places. Now I don't
think I'd be able to do it. There were even times during the video when I grabbed the desk a little
tighter. The name of the problem is 'Illyngophobia'. Weird. It comes with age, in my case anyway.

--

Hope you're day is spectacular!

On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 00:19:20 -0500, wrote:

BTW, didn't get a boat ride today. It was ball chilling cold and I had
ZERO water. Like desert under my lift.
I didn't get a picture but that green pole was 6" out of the water

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/pole.jpg

===

This is one of those rare days when I step down from the dock into the
trawler. It's doubtful that I could get the runabout off the lift
although there is water underneath it. Have you ever wondered where
the water goes when it leaves here?

On 1/6/2014 3:24 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 14:23:17 -0600, amdx wrote:

On 1/6/2014 10:36 AM, Tim wrote:
10" of drifting snow and -10 below 0f. and breezy. (wind chill like -40)

Not the coldest place on the planet but it's the coldest place I know of seeing w haven't had this type of weather in years.

No need to go anywhere...

There are people praying for global warming.
I'm in sunny Florida, it's 42F*, going down to 24F* tonight.
I picked over 550 tangerines from one tree yesterday.
My wife picked the Pomelo's and covered the lemon trees today.
The grapefruit trees are on there own tonight.
She's got about 40 wintermelons* in outdoor storage, I'll be wiring
up some heat for them tonight.

Mikek

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_melon

Interesting. I'd never heard of 'winter melon'.

Hope your trees don't suffer much.
--

Hope you're day is spectacular!

My wife makes soup with them, she usually adds a little shrimp, and we
put it on rice then spoon fish sauce with hot pepper on it.
It's good.
Last year I was in Orlando and I went to the Asian market, I got
several winter melons at her request. She saved and planted the seeds,
they flourished and she got over forty melons. She has sold several at
$10 ea.
Mikek

On 1/6/2014 10:36 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Wonder if they'd grow in the DC area?
--

Hope you're day is spectacular!

Bad weather in NW Thom Stewart ASA 8 November 16th 06 02:35 AM
NW Weather; Local Weather Station Thom Stewart ASA 1 April 10th 06 10:12 PM
NW Weather Thom Stewart ASA 1 April 24th 05 03:46 PM
NW Weather Thom Stewart ASA 10 March 30th 05 08:08 PM
Ocean weather router / weather routing Bob Cook Cruising 0 August 13th 03 09:11 PM