Tim Tim is offline

Default my weather....

10" of drifting snow and -10 below 0f. and breezy. (wind chill like -40)

Not the coldest place on the planet but it's the coldest place I know of seeing w haven't had this type of weather in years.

No need to go anywhere...

On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 08:36:38 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

10" of drifting snow and -10 below 0f. and breezy. (wind chill like -40)

Not the coldest place on the planet but it's the coldest place I know of seeing w haven't had this type of weather in years.

No need to go anywhere...

Would you be interested in some size 14 Raichle ski boots? I'm cleaning out the basement.
--

Hope you're day is spectacular!

On 1/6/2014 12:02 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 08:36:38 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

10" of drifting snow and -10 below 0f. and breezy. (wind chill like -40)

Not the coldest place on the planet but it's the coldest place I know of seeing w haven't had this type of weather in years.

No need to go anywhere...

Would you be interested in some size 14 Raichle ski boots? I'm cleaning out the basement.
--

Hope you're day is spectacular!

I would. I'm looking for a unique plant pot.

On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 12:06:08 -0500, hank wrote:

On 1/6/2014 12:02 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 08:36:38 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

10" of drifting snow and -10 below 0f. and breezy. (wind chill like -40)

Not the coldest place on the planet but it's the coldest place I know of seeing w haven't had this type of weather in years.

No need to go anywhere...

Would you be interested in some size 14 Raichle ski boots? I'm cleaning out the basement.
--

Hope you're day is spectacular!

I would. I'm looking for a unique plant pot.

You could put a Royal Palm in one of these. Would look fantastic.

On Monday, 6 January 2014 12:36:38 UTC-4, Tim wrote:
10" of drifting snow and -10 below 0f. and breezy. (wind chill like -40)

Not the coldest place on the planet but it's the coldest place I know of seeing w haven't had this type of weather in years.

No need to go anywhere...

We're at a balmy 42 F with a light rain.
A few miles inland tells a different story.

On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 09:35:29 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

On Monday, 6 January 2014 12:36:38 UTC-4, Tim wrote:
10" of drifting snow and -10 below 0f. and breezy. (wind chill like -40)

Not the coldest place on the planet but it's the coldest place I know of seeing w haven't had this type of weather in years.

No need to go anywhere...

We're at a balmy 42 F with a light rain.
A few miles inland tells a different story.

When I walked the dogs at 7:30, it was a nice 45 F, but now it's dropped to 35 F and still dropping.
It's supposed to get down to 7 F tonight, but that's not nearly as bad as points west northwest.

On Monday, January 6, 2014 12:53:23 PM UTC-5, John H. wrote:
On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 09:35:29 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

On Monday, 6 January 2014 12:36:38 UTC-4, Tim wrote:

10" of drifting snow and -10 below 0f. and breezy. (wind chill like -40)

Not the coldest place on the planet but it's the coldest place I know of seeing w haven't had this type of weather in years.

No need to go anywhere...

We're at a balmy 42 F with a light rain.

A few miles inland tells a different story.

When I walked the dogs at 7:30, it was a nice 45 F, but now it's dropped to 35 F and still dropping.

It's supposed to get down to 7 F tonight, but that's not nearly as bad as points west northwest.

--

Hope you're day is spectacular!

Mid 40's overnight, but today it's windy and the temps are dropping here as well. 17 degrees tonight for us. Down here that's damn cold!

On 1/6/2014 11:36 AM, Tim wrote:
10" of drifting snow and -10 below 0f. and breezy. (wind chill like -40)

Not the coldest place on the planet but it's the coldest place I know of seeing w haven't had this type of weather in years.

No need to go anywhere...

The coldest weather I ever experienced was in Zion, IL back in 1973.
I've forgotten the actual temps but one weekend they were like what you
are experiencing now ... double digits below zero.

Someone advised me that I should start my car every couple of hours and
let it run for about 15 minutes to keep the oil from thickening and the
battery charged. Big mistake. (I had a 1969 Ford LTD with a 429 c.i.
engine).

It started and I let it run for the prescribed 15 minutes. It didn't
start again for two days. I finally removed a spark plug and the
electrode was fully encased in ice, as were the electrodes on the other
seven plugs. You would think that running for 15 minutes would have
heated everything enough to remove any residual water vapor, but I guess
not.

KC KC is offline

On 1/6/2014 12:53 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 09:35:29 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

On Monday, 6 January 2014 12:36:38 UTC-4, Tim wrote:
10" of drifting snow and -10 below 0f. and breezy. (wind chill like -40)

Not the coldest place on the planet but it's the coldest place I know of seeing w haven't had this type of weather in years.

No need to go anywhere...

We're at a balmy 42 F with a light rain.
A few miles inland tells a different story.

When I walked the dogs at 7:30, it was a nice 45 F, but now it's dropped to 35 F and still dropping.
It's supposed to get down to 7 F tonight, but that's not nearly as bad as points west northwest.
--

Hope you're day is spectacular!

Up to almost 60 today, supposed to go to 11 tonight... this is gonna' be
nuts!

Bad weather in NW Thom Stewart ASA 8 November 16th 06 02:35 AM
NW Weather; Local Weather Station Thom Stewart ASA 1 April 10th 06 10:12 PM
NW Weather Thom Stewart ASA 1 April 24th 05 03:46 PM
NW Weather Thom Stewart ASA 10 March 30th 05 08:08 PM
Ocean weather router / weather routing Bob Cook Cruising 0 August 13th 03 09:11 PM