posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Bad weather in NW

Weather is WINDY Right now its its blowing from the S44MPH with Gust
to 58. We have a tsunami for this morning until around Noon.

Its weather like this that make me glad I don't have to worry about a
Boat.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ILLDRINKTOTHAT

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Thom Stewart wrote:
Weather is WINDY Right now its its blowing from the S44MPH with Gust
to 58. We have a tsunami for this morning until around Noon.

Its weather like this that make me glad I don't have to worry about a
Boat.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ILLDRINKTOTHAT

Hey Ol Thom,

We are getting a beam wind that is blowing like crazy right now,
steady 20 gusting to the mid 30's + My chair here at my desk has been
acting like a porch rocker in Mississippi all morning. We have been
stagger around the boat like drunks, getting steady 5-6 degree rocks to
port and 2-3 degrees back to starboard as the gusting slacks and roars.
Our first taste of winter, it's sunny and in the seventy's but the temp
is suppose to drop fast, and I think we will be sitting on the bottom
tonight. Low Humidity.

Watch out for that 6" tunsami ;0)

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On 15 Nov 2006 10:05:54 -0800, "Joe" wrote:

Thom Stewart wrote:
Weather is WINDY Right now its its blowing from the S44MPH with Gust
to 58. We have a tsunami for this morning until around Noon.

Its weather like this that make me glad I don't have to worry about a
Boat.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ILLDRINKTOTHAT

Hey Ol Thom,

We are getting a beam wind that is blowing like crazy right now,
steady 20 gusting to the mid 30's + My chair here at my desk has been
acting like a porch rocker in Mississippi all morning.

Nothing wrong with that! My porch rockers in Mississippi, have blown
off the porch this morning.

Frank

We have been
stagger around the boat like drunks, getting steady 5-6 degree rocks to
port and 2-3 degrees back to starboard as the gusting slacks and roars.
Our first taste of winter, it's sunny and in the seventy's but the temp
is suppose to drop fast, and I think we will be sitting on the bottom
tonight. Low Humidity.

Watch out for that 6" tunsami ;0)

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Thom Stewart wrote:
Weather is WINDY Right now its its blowing from the S44MPH with Gust
to 58. We have a tsunami for this morning until around Noon.

Its weather like this that make me glad I don't have to worry about a
Boat.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ILLDRINKTOTHAT

Hey Ol Thom,

We are getting a beam wind that is blowing like crazy right now,
steady 20 gusting to the mid 30's + My chair here at my desk has been
acting like a porch rocker in Mississippi all morning.

Nothing wrong with that! My porch rockers in Mississippi, have blown
off the porch this morning.

Frank

I enjoy a good rocking, great for sleeping in with the hatch cracked
and a brisk cool dry breeze . The lake looks like snow with the way the
white caps cover the surface right now.
The water has dropped 3 ft since 07:00.

The boats creaking and groaning against her lines, and the mast
shivers a bit off and on, just got off the phone with a client and he
said it sounds like I'm working in a haunted house.

Joe

We have been
stagger around the boat like drunks, getting steady 5-6 degree rocks to
port and 2-3 degrees back to starboard as the gusting slacks and roars.
Our first taste of winter, it's sunny and in the seventy's but the temp
is suppose to drop fast, and I think we will be sitting on the bottom
tonight. Low Humidity.

Watch out for that 6" tunsami ;0)

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Thom Stewart wrote:

[...]

Were you in one at the time?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Thom Stewart wrote:

[...]

Not hardly, but I did see one of those ferrel cats that hang out on my
porch go sailing past the window after the rocker blew over.

Supposed to be in the Carolina's late tommorrow. You'll see.

Frank
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Thom Stewart wrote:

[...]

heh...we had gales lst weekend...double whammy....
posted to alt.sailing.asa

We've read that the wind and rain have been bashing the Oregon coast
where our house is. So far we haven't been able to talk to our
friend who is taking care of the old homestead. Keeping our fingers
crossed.

Seems we are getting hit on two fronts.

Glad to see you find something good about selling your boat Thom. I
was sorry to hear you had to let her go BTW.

Barb
s/v Arabella
www.sailinglinks.com

Thom Stewart wrote:
Weather is WINDY Right now its its blowing from the S44MPH with Gust
to 58. We have a tsunami for this morning until around Noon.

Its weather like this that make me glad I don't have to worry about a
Boat.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ILLDRINKTOTHAT

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Thom Stewart" wrote:
Weather is WINDY Right now its its blowing from the
S44MPH with Gust
to 58. We have a tsunami for this morning until around
Noon.

Its weather like this that make me glad I don't have to
worry about a
Boat.

Hope it doesn't blow yer hair off!

Seahag

NW Weather; Local Weather Station Thom Stewart ASA 1 April 10th 06 10:12 PM
HAM and SSB Frequencies Bill Cruising 5 August 18th 05 07:58 PM
bahamas hotel atlantis hotel bahamas grand bahamas island hotel atlantis hotel in the bahamas hotel in the bahamas adfunk Jehad Internet Cruising 0 February 4th 04 11:42 PM
Favorite weather sites? Larry W4CSC Cruising 5 September 9th 03 04:02 PM
Favorite weather sites? Larry W4CSC Electronics 5 September 9th 03 04:02 PM