BoatBanter.com

-   -   my weather.... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/159746-my-weather.html)

Tim January 6th 14 04:36 PM

my weather....

10" of drifting snow and -10 below 0f. and breezy. (wind chill like -40)

Not the coldest place on the planet but it's the coldest place I know of seeing w haven't had this type of weather in years.

No need to go anywhere...

Poco Loco January 6th 14 05:02 PM

my weather....

On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 08:36:38 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

10" of drifting snow and -10 below 0f. and breezy. (wind chill like -40)

Not the coldest place on the planet but it's the coldest place I know of seeing w haven't had this type of weather in years.

No need to go anywhere...

Would you be interested in some size 14 Raichle ski boots? I'm cleaning out the basement.
--

Hope you're day is spectacular!

hank[_2_] January 6th 14 05:06 PM

my weather....

On 1/6/2014 12:02 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 08:36:38 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

10" of drifting snow and -10 below 0f. and breezy. (wind chill like -40)

Not the coldest place on the planet but it's the coldest place I know of seeing w haven't had this type of weather in years.

No need to go anywhere...

Would you be interested in some size 14 Raichle ski boots? I'm cleaning out the basement.
--

Hope you're day is spectacular!

I would. I'm looking for a unique plant pot.

Poco Loco January 6th 14 05:30 PM

my weather....

On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 12:06:08 -0500, hank wrote:

On 1/6/2014 12:02 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 08:36:38 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

10" of drifting snow and -10 below 0f. and breezy. (wind chill like -40)

Not the coldest place on the planet but it's the coldest place I know of seeing w haven't had this type of weather in years.

No need to go anywhere...

Would you be interested in some size 14 Raichle ski boots? I'm cleaning out the basement.
--

Hope you're day is spectacular!

I would. I'm looking for a unique plant pot.

You could put a Royal Palm in one of these. Would look fantastic.
--

Hope you're day is spectacular!

True North[_2_] January 6th 14 05:35 PM

my weather....

On Monday, 6 January 2014 12:36:38 UTC-4, Tim wrote:
10" of drifting snow and -10 below 0f. and breezy. (wind chill like -40)

Not the coldest place on the planet but it's the coldest place I know of seeing w haven't had this type of weather in years.

No need to go anywhere...

We're at a balmy 42 F with a light rain.
A few miles inland tells a different story.

Poco Loco January 6th 14 05:53 PM

my weather....

On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 09:35:29 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

On Monday, 6 January 2014 12:36:38 UTC-4, Tim wrote:
10" of drifting snow and -10 below 0f. and breezy. (wind chill like -40)

Not the coldest place on the planet but it's the coldest place I know of seeing w haven't had this type of weather in years.

No need to go anywhere...

We're at a balmy 42 F with a light rain.
A few miles inland tells a different story.

When I walked the dogs at 7:30, it was a nice 45 F, but now it's dropped to 35 F and still dropping.
It's supposed to get down to 7 F tonight, but that's not nearly as bad as points west northwest.
--

Hope you're day is spectacular!

[email protected] January 6th 14 06:00 PM

my weather....

On Monday, January 6, 2014 12:53:23 PM UTC-5, John H. wrote:
On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 09:35:29 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

On Monday, 6 January 2014 12:36:38 UTC-4, Tim wrote:

10" of drifting snow and -10 below 0f. and breezy. (wind chill like -40)

Not the coldest place on the planet but it's the coldest place I know of seeing w haven't had this type of weather in years.

No need to go anywhere...

We're at a balmy 42 F with a light rain.

A few miles inland tells a different story.

When I walked the dogs at 7:30, it was a nice 45 F, but now it's dropped to 35 F and still dropping.

It's supposed to get down to 7 F tonight, but that's not nearly as bad as points west northwest.

--

Hope you're day is spectacular!

Mid 40's overnight, but today it's windy and the temps are dropping here as well. 17 degrees tonight for us. Down here that's damn cold!

Mr. Luddite January 6th 14 06:13 PM

my weather....

On 1/6/2014 11:36 AM, Tim wrote:
10" of drifting snow and -10 below 0f. and breezy. (wind chill like -40)

Not the coldest place on the planet but it's the coldest place I know of seeing w haven't had this type of weather in years.

No need to go anywhere...

The coldest weather I ever experienced was in Zion, IL back in 1973.
I've forgotten the actual temps but one weekend they were like what you
are experiencing now ... double digits below zero.

Someone advised me that I should start my car every couple of hours and
let it run for about 15 minutes to keep the oil from thickening and the
battery charged. Big mistake. (I had a 1969 Ford LTD with a 429 c.i.
engine).

It started and I let it run for the prescribed 15 minutes. It didn't
start again for two days. I finally removed a spark plug and the
electrode was fully encased in ice, as were the electrodes on the other
seven plugs. You would think that running for 15 minutes would have
heated everything enough to remove any residual water vapor, but I guess
not.

KC January 6th 14 06:34 PM

my weather....

On 1/6/2014 12:53 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 09:35:29 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

On Monday, 6 January 2014 12:36:38 UTC-4, Tim wrote:
10" of drifting snow and -10 below 0f. and breezy. (wind chill like -40)

Not the coldest place on the planet but it's the coldest place I know of seeing w haven't had this type of weather in years.

No need to go anywhere...

We're at a balmy 42 F with a light rain.
A few miles inland tells a different story.

When I walked the dogs at 7:30, it was a nice 45 F, but now it's dropped to 35 F and still dropping.
It's supposed to get down to 7 F tonight, but that's not nearly as bad as points west northwest.
--

Hope you're day is spectacular!

Up to almost 60 today, supposed to go to 11 tonight... this is gonna' be
nuts!