Default Hope this gives apoplexy...

....to the many haters he

On Sunday, the United States 10th Circuit Court of Appeals denied Utah
officials' emergency request to stop same-sex couples from marrying.

The state had filed an emergency motion for temporary stay on Friday,
following a Thursday federal court ruling that overturned the state's
ban on gay marriage. In the ruling, U.S. District Judge Robert J. Shelby
said the state's constitution failed to show that same-sex marriages
would impede opposite-sex marriages in any way.

"In the absence of such evidence, the State's unsupported fears and
speculations are insufficient to justify the State's refusal to dignify
the family relationships of its gay and lesbian citizens," Shelby wrote.

Immediately following the ruling, same-sex couples fled to the county
clerk's office to receive marriage licenses. But Utah Gov. Gary Herbert
(R) denounced the decision, threatening to take action to appeal it.

"I am very disappointed an activist federal judge is attempting to
override the will of the people of Utah," Herbert said of the Thursday
ruling. "I am working with my legal counsel and the acting attorney
general to determine the best course to defend traditional marriage
within the borders of Utah."

The 10th Circuit Appeals Court denied the governor's emergency request
"without prejudice."

"Because the motion before us does not meet the requirements of the
Federal or local appellate rules governing a request for a stay, we deny
the motion," the court held.

--

I can see it now...thousands of married heterosexual couples in Utah
dumping their spouses so they can marry their same-sex boyfriends or

On 12/22/2013 10:05 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On Sunday, the United States 10th Circuit Court of Appeals denied Utah
officials' emergency request to stop same-sex couples from marrying.

Funny. You seem to be the only one displaying symptoms thereof.
Apoplexy, that is.

--
Americans deserve better.

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 22:05:05 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

[...]

I cannot understand why anyone would deny 'marriage' requests from any two beings. The Glibitz have
every right to pretend their ceremony is a 'marriage', and receive all the advantages under the law
that to which they're entitles.

If the chosen partner is a goat, the goat should be deductible.

Amen.

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!

Ayup. He apparently thinks folks here give a ****.

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!

On Mon, 23 Dec 2013 15:04:19 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 23 Dec 2013 12:10:12 -0500, John H.
wrote:

And how come you keep editing my posts?

Editing?

Yeah, cutting out the good parts!

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!

Tim Tim is offline

On Sunday, December 22, 2013 9:05:05 PM UTC-6, F.O.A.D. wrote:
Hope this gives apoplexy... ...to the many haters he

Why do you wish harm on others, Harry? No sense of tolerance?

Let's hope this happens to us! John H[_2_] General 8 January 29th 11 03:09 PM
I hope your having fun... *e#c General 0 January 10th 11 03:43 PM
The last best hope for... Secular Humorist General 10 September 6th 10 09:07 AM
Some hope for the US after all... Don White General 40 February 2nd 09 01:05 AM
Hope CANDChelp ASA 12 July 29th 03 04:04 AM