Default Hope this gives apoplexy...

In article , says...

On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 08:55:43 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Dec 2013 23:26:06 -0600, Califbill wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Mon, 23 Dec 2013 10:26:47 -0500,
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Dec 2013 10:12:34 -0500, John H.
wrote:

Why limit it to two? Are you discriminating against the "B"s?

Because one person should not be able to deduct more than one spouse on
her income tax return

You can deduct all of your dependents now, gay straight or whatever.

True, but there is only one box for 'Spouse'. And how come you keep editing my posts?

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!

How about unreconstructed Mormon? More than one spouse.

I wonder if they can claim them all as 'spouses'.

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!

As long as you list a spouse, you can use the "married" column in the
tax table. (better rate than single in some circumstances) Everyone
else is just a dependent defined as
"any other person(other than your spouse) who lived with you all year
as a member of your household" -1040 instruction book

In fact, it would actually be better for you if you did not list a
spouse if you have dependents since you could use the "single head of
household" column. (much better rate)
That is one reason why I question all of this gay marriage thing in
the first place
As a tax payer I welcome them choosing to pay higher taxes tho.

If the gays want to pay the marriage penalty let them.

"F.O.A.D." wrote:
On 12/24/13, 4:53 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 12/24/2013 1:13 AM, Califbill wrote:

I am posting from an ipad, so sometimes I miss type, and too much a
pain to
go back.

What newsgroup reader do you use on an iPad?

An app called "NewsTap" works well on iPhones and of course iPads. I used
it on my iPad when I had one, and I use it now from time to time on my
iPhone. You can read, post, filter. It isn't as convenient as, say,
Thunderbird for "grown up computers," but it is pretty good.

I use Newstaplite and have not got a reader yet for the iMac. Thunderbird
fails on the latest OS. So much for Apple not causing problems with
software.

On 12/24/2013 3:03 PM, Califbill wrote:
"F.O.A.D." wrote:
On 12/24/13, 4:53 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 12/24/2013 1:13 AM, Califbill wrote:

I am posting from an ipad, so sometimes I miss type, and too much a
pain to
go back.

What newsgroup reader do you use on an iPad?

An app called "NewsTap" works well on iPhones and of course iPads. I used
it on my iPad when I had one, and I use it now from time to time on my
iPhone. You can read, post, filter. It isn't as convenient as, say,
Thunderbird for "grown up computers," but it is pretty good.

I use Newstaplite and have not got a reader yet for the iMac. Thunderbird
fails on the latest OS. So much for Apple not causing problems with
software.

I read somewhere that Thunderbird was not supported on the newer Apple
operating systems but have not tried it yet. The OS version I have is
OSX 10.8.5 There's an update to 10.9 something available but I
haven't upgraded to it yet. I read about some horror stories about it
on a couple of the Apple support forums, so until I feel more
comfortable with the iMac, I think I'll leave things as they are for now.

On 12/24/13, 3:03 PM, Califbill wrote:
"F.O.A.D." wrote:
On 12/24/13, 4:53 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 12/24/2013 1:13 AM, Califbill wrote:

I am posting from an ipad, so sometimes I miss type, and too much a
pain to
go back.

What newsgroup reader do you use on an iPad?

An app called "NewsTap" works well on iPhones and of course iPads. I used
it on my iPad when I had one, and I use it now from time to time on my
iPhone. You can read, post, filter. It isn't as convenient as, say,
Thunderbird for "grown up computers," but it is pretty good.

I use Newstaplite and have not got a reader yet for the iMac. Thunderbird
fails on the latest OS. So much for Apple not causing problems with
software.

I am running the latest Apple OS on my iMac and Thunderbird runs fine on
it.

--
Religion: together we can find the cure.

Let's hope this happens to us! John H[_2_] General 8 January 29th 11 03:09 PM
I hope your having fun... *e#c General 0 January 10th 11 03:43 PM
The last best hope for... Secular Humorist General 10 September 6th 10 09:07 AM
Some hope for the US after all... Don White General 40 February 2nd 09 01:05 AM
Hope CANDChelp ASA 12 July 29th 03 04:04 AM