Tim Tim is offline

Default Treatment of Females - Does this meet your approval, Krause?

On Friday, November 29, 2013 5:47:42 PM UTC-6, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 11/29/13, 6:12 PM, Tim wrote:

On Friday, November 29, 2013 9:52:22 AM UTC-6,

The quote is very clear...that wives must *submit* to their husbands.

*Submit* does not mean the same thing as "respect," as you are trying to

claim here. You are making a bull**** claim. Submit means being

subservient.

"The husband is the head of the wife..."

What do you think that means? It means the wife is to do as she is told

You ar3e obviously thinking that 'subjective' is another term for being a 'slave' which is clearly not representitive of the scripture. but you can believe that if you wish.

I think the meaning of the word "submit" in the
context of that word as used in your bible is
pretty clear. It means, as the OED says, "to place
oneself under the control of a person in authority or power; to become subject, surrender oneself, or yield to a person or his rule."

You "think" That's what it means? Man, that's concrete!

That is the *first* definition given in the OED. The second and third

definitions are pretty much the same.

The etymology of the word "submit" with many references predates the

King James Bible, so the meaning of the word was well-known to the

literate hundreds of years prior to that translation and compilation.

Plus, there are plenty of contemporary religious writers who have

offered up definitions of that phrase, and they all pretty much have the

same meaning...that the "husband is the boss, and the wife must do his

bidding in all things." All, of course, except the christian apologists,

who spend their time trying to misinterpret the meanings of fairly

simple and well-understood words.

Wow, Harry, I didn't know you were such a theologian. Do you have a MDiv?

Women were and, sadly, are second-class citizens, "scripture" says, to

be ruled by men. Just add that to the many reasons why a growing number

of educated "christian" women are not "obeying" what their churches tell

them to do in this regard. Your objection is just another example of how Christians use their
bible to back up whatever they think it means.

Harry, why should bother with my own faulty interpretations, seeing you're doing a great job of it. I'll listen to you from now on.

?;^ )

I suppose I should tell my wife that and be prepared to look for another place to live.

Approval ratings not the best... John H[_11_] General 132 December 21st 09 12:59 AM
Water Treatment Jobs | Water Treatment Supplies | Wastewater Plant H2 Find General 0 December 2nd 09 06:59 AM
Lifesling2 approval Tamaroak General 0 February 26th 06 06:32 AM
Lifesling2 approval Tamaroak Cruising 0 February 26th 06 06:32 AM
MORE Angry White Females. Bertie the Bunyip ASA 0 July 31st 03 05:00 AM